Places to wildcamp in the west country near hillage.

The West Country Shredders

Places to wildcamp in the west country near hillage.

Postby Bongoon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:41 am

Yo i'm from the Northeast and i'm coming to cornwall and around somerset this summer with a serious mission. To find the coolest and smoothest hills in western england. And maybe go further afield. I will be tenting it so i can travel almost anywhere , as long as i can find a place near fresh water. to pitch my tent. I'm alost certainly going to check out the j26 road to wellington. Any other ideas would be appreciated.
Bongoon
I skateboard

Re: Places to wildcamp in the west country near hillage.

Postby bertslide » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:57 pm

Bongoon wrote:Yo i'm from the Northeast and i'm coming to cornwall and around somerset this summer with a serious mission. To find the coolest and smoothest hills in western england. And maybe go further afield. I will be tenting it so i can travel almost anywhere , as long as i can find a place near fresh water. to pitch my tent. I'm alost certainly going to check out the j26 road to wellington. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

You might want to try Birdlip hill A417 on your way down south, would have to be a night run though.
I've always fancied doing cheddar gorge as well, but night time only I think.
cheers

It's fun fun fun fun fun til the pigs come round
bertslide
SHOOT ME!

Postby Bongoon » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:40 pm

bertslide wrote:
Bongoon wrote:Yo i'm from the Northeast and i'm coming to cornwall and around somerset this summer with a serious mission. To find the coolest and smoothest hills in western england. And maybe go further afield. I will be tenting it so i can travel almost anywhere , as long as i can find a place near fresh water. to pitch my tent. I'm alost certainly going to check out the j26 road to wellington. Any other ideas would be appreciated.

You might want to try Birdlip hill A417 on your way down south, would have to be a night run though.
I've always fancied doing cheddar gorge as well, but night time only I think.

Thanks mate, i'll try and remember birdlip hill. And nightruns are the way forward for these crowded roads. how else to get to skate properly?
Bongoon
I skateboard

Postby Overseer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:01 am

cheddar at night? oof... at gone midnight maybe its not a quiet place
Overseer
SHOOT ME!

Postby Bongoon » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:20 am

Why what happens after midnight in cheddar gorge. Is it inundated with cheese scoffing aliens? Other skaters and their molls turning it into some sort of thunder road? Need i take some marlboros? No really, whats the crack?
skate for pie
Bongoon
I skateboard

Postby Overseer » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:02 pm

its a fairly busy road at times.. and twisting so you cant see stuff coming... so i guess it'd be quieter later on...

not the cleverest of places to bomb
Overseer
SHOOT ME!

Postby bertslide » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:10 am

Night runs are usually between 1 and 4/5 in the morning, very little traffic, car drivers think the same though :shock:.

I've just remembered another hill that's on your way down south. Peak Hill Road, in Sidmouth just off the end of the M5,

It's very steep, hit 60mph on my MTB with knobbly tyres!!!! Don't know the surface condition though as I haven't been there for a few years. It's the coast road between Sidmouth and Ladram bay and drops into SIdmouth seafront.

Falmouth has big longboard scene might be worth contacting the local SOS for more info, try Appollo 11 and Faltown.
:D
cheers

It's fun fun fun fun fun til the pigs come round
bertslide
SHOOT ME!

Return to Mostly Over The Hill Skaters