Show us your local parks

Any nice spots/parks you want to tell everyone about?

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby Trevenen » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 pm

planetdonovan wrote:and here's the 6ft mini in parkhurst, johannesburg:

Image

i first skated this ramp in 1992, so it's been there a long, long time and doesn't appear to require any maintenance besides being painted from time to time (always green).

Pretty sure I skated that in 92. I think it must have been brand new as some guys were still finishing off the walls surrounding it. Great ramp as I recall. Good size.

Sent from my cranial implant using Potatostalk 3
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
User avatar
Trevenen
Internet FREAK OF NATURE
 
Posts: 9410
Joined: Wed Mar 17, 2004 3:14 pm
Location: Plymouth

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby hogi » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:27 pm

Came across this the other day, Underwood skatepark - on the outskirts of Newport:
Image
I reckon it was designed on the tony hawk playstation game! you could probably get a full on combo going around the place if your fingers are quick on the controller.
Ended up having a good 2 hour session on it , and some of the locals back out to session it with me - its so bad that its good!
User avatar
hogi
I got new wheels
 
Posts: 308
Joined: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:01 am
Location: Cas gwent

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby old bracknell boy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:44 pm

Trevenen wrote:
planetdonovan wrote:and here's the 6ft mini in parkhurst, johannesburg:

Image

i first skated this ramp in 1992, so it's been there a long, long time and doesn't appear to require any maintenance besides being painted from time to time (always green).

Pretty sure I skated that in 92. I think it must have been brand new as some guys were still finishing off the walls surrounding it. Great ramp as I recall. Good size.

Sent from my cranial implant using Potatostalk 3


I gotta saqy id love to ride that love a challenge lol very good artwork too
User avatar
old bracknell boy
smell of grip tape
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby old bracknell boy » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:44 pm

hogi wrote:Came across this the other day, Underwood skatepark - on the outskirts of Newport:
Image
I reckon it was designed on the tony hawk playstation game! you could probably get a full on combo going around the place if your fingers are quick on the controller.
Ended up having a good 2 hour session on it , and some of the locals back out to session it with me - its so bad that its good!


thats not a skate park its a area with rails in it lol wat was the council thinking
User avatar
old bracknell boy
smell of grip tape
 
Posts: 48
Joined: Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:07 pm

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby Hagwag » Fri Sep 06, 2013 12:03 pm

At least there was more thought in that than my £15k local park. How lucky to have this just 2 mins from my house!?!?!?! And yes I have given the local Councellor a bollocking. He was good enough to be embarrassed and admit they made a mistake. Also mentioned they are looking to improve it when funds are available.

Image
Mongo Pride
User avatar
Hagwag
monuMENTAL GEEK
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:23 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby [email protected] » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:30 pm

just wow........
[email protected]
smell of grip tape
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:40 pm

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby Pearce » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:58 pm

Not local but hit this up yest , after five mins of getting there had it to ourselves from 5-9

Ross on wye

Only played on the spine , loved it

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378472277.782809.jpg


ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378472297.466161.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pearce
Geek
 
Posts: 1166
Joined: Fri Oct 05, 2012 12:04 am

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby Ben-G » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:44 pm

I could while away a happy hour messing around on this one I reckon! ~..

Hagwag wrote:Image
Ben-G
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm
Location: Ricky, Herts

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby GarethV » Fri Sep 06, 2013 2:57 pm

old bracknell boy wrote:
Trevenen wrote:
planetdonovan wrote:and here's the 6ft mini in parkhurst, johannesburg:

Image

i first skated this ramp in 1992, so it's been there a long, long time and doesn't appear to require any maintenance besides being painted from time to time (always green).

Pretty sure I skated that in 92. I think it must have been brand new as some guys were still finishing off the walls surrounding it. Great ramp as I recall. Good size.

Sent from my cranial implant using Potatostalk 3


I gotta saqy id love to ride that love a challenge lol very good artwork too


The Green dude painted on the side of the ramp wears his cap just like the yoofs do round sarrrf Oxhey..... :D
Skaters gonna Skate
User avatar
GarethV
Geek
 
Posts: 1187
Joined: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:24 am
Location: Feltham

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby HarryR » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:12 pm

Hagwag wrote:At least there was more thought in that than my £15k local park. How lucky to have this just 2 mins from my house!?!?!?! And yes I have given the local Councellor a bollocking. He was good enough to be embarrassed and admit they made a mistake. Also mentioned they are looking to improve it when funds are available.

Image

£15k! Surely the "k" is a mistake? A straight £15 would cover that :-D
Rose-tinted view of the days of our youth; we stood the test of time.
User avatar
HarryR
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3318
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:50 am
Location: West Yorks

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby Hagwag » Fri Sep 06, 2013 7:37 pm

I think the tarmac was part of the budget. Im hoing to hassle for a mini ramp

η β π
Mongo Pride
User avatar
Hagwag
monuMENTAL GEEK
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:23 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby breonsnow » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:07 pm

GarethV wrote:
old bracknell boy wrote:
Trevenen wrote:
planetdonovan wrote:and here's the 6ft mini in parkhurst, johannesburg:

Image

i first skated this ramp in 1992, so it's been there a long, long time and doesn't appear to require any maintenance besides being painted from time to time (always green).

Pretty sure I skated that in 92. I think it must have been brand new as some guys were still finishing off the walls surrounding it. Great ramp as I recall. Good size.

Sent from my cranial implant using Potatostalk 3


I gotta saqy id love to ride that love a challenge lol very good artwork too


The Green dude painted on the side of the ramp wears his cap just like the yoofs do round sarrrf Oxhey..... :D


Oh man, this used to be my local skate hangout when I lived in South Africa! Fantastic skate... will post some photos when I can!
breonsnow
What mid life crisis ?
 
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:14 pm

Re: Show us your local parks

Postby Desert_Cloak » Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:18 pm

This is Garston skatepark in Liverpool, im here whenever I can on my days off. Again graffiti isnt the best, mostly weed signs or R.I.P ones

Image

Image

And otterspool skatepark, this is full os kids when they are off school and becomes near impossible to skate with them all sitting on ramps and leaving there stuff lying around, not to mention parents pondering around and sittingnon ramps.

Image

Image
User avatar
Desert_Cloak
I skateboard
 
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 5:11 pm
Location: Liverpool

Previous

Return to Skate Spots