holiday in Suffolk. skate spots prefer a bowl.

Any nice spots/parks you want to tell everyone about?

holiday in Suffolk. skate spots prefer a bowl.

Postby odds » Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:25 pm

On hols next week near southwold in Suffolk. Anyone know of a bowl or pool in the area that's worth a skate?

Thank you please.
Beards and boards. That is it.
odds
What mid life crisis ?

Re: holiday in Suffolk. skate spots prefer a bowl.

Postby toneinblack » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:17 pm

not a bowl or a pool but there is a half pipe in a park at Aldeburgh that is just before southwold on the a12, Not sure if your into halfpipes but if you are then take the snape/Aldeburgh turnoff from the a12 and carry on down towards aldburgh ( watch for police with speed guns by golf club ) and when you get to a roundabout with the railway pub on the left , you need to go right into the community centre and this opens up into a park car park, if you park here with the free gym over on your left then you need to look right and youll see some allotments, and then follow the fence to the right and youll see the halfpipe tucked away,, from the car park there is no sign of the pipe but it is there , also the turning on the roundabout is easy to miss but its right opposite the railway tavern pub.
toneinblack
nothing better to do

Postby vato kat » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:28 pm

Not a skate spot but the food at The Lighthouse in Aldeburgh is excellent.

http://www.lighthouserestaurant.co.uk/
vato kat
SHOOT ME!

Postby toneinblack » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:00 pm

also the oven fired pizzas in the white hart ( beer garden )at £5 each with a pint or 7 of adnams go down well, queues at chip shops get silly so eat pizza b~
toneinblack
nothing better to do

Postby vato kat » Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:33 pm

The queues are indeed a nightmare but the fish and chips are really decent, especially on the landward side chip shop. Watch out for the seagulls though, they're greedy bastards.

A pint of each of the Adnams selection at The Mill Inn is a good idea. If you are an opera fan I am fairly sure it's the location of The Boar Inn in Peter Grimes. http://www.visit-aldeburgh.co.uk/establ ... Mill%20Inn

If you have a bike take it; if not, consider hiring one when you're there. There are flat, quiet paths and roads all over the place.

For a place with no hills, Suffolk is fucking stunning.
vato kat
SHOOT ME!

Postby doowyrag » Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:07 am

Good evening.

There's a nice little pool / bowl at Leiston (Victory Park) near Aldeburgh & and a big one in Lowestoft (Normanston Park).

There's a mini in Southwold too. Right near the Pier.

If you pop to Beccles and visit Smash Skates, Ash will be able to point you towards these and.. most likely ..more.

Cheers,
doowyrag

PS. I'm normally 20 minutes from Southwold, but am holidaying in North Norfolk this week.
doowyrag
Super Geek

Postby toneinblack » Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:10 pm

reply to an old thread but there is a halfpipe down by the pier ( out of pier , turn left and other side of road) in southwold.
toneinblack
nothing better to do

Postby doowyrag » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:41 pm

toneinblack wrote:not a bowl or a pool but there is a half pipe in a park at Aldeburgh that is just before southwold on the a12, Not sure if your into halfpipes but if you are then take the snape/Aldeburgh turnoff from the a12 and carry on down towards aldburgh ( watch for police with speed guns by golf club ) and when you get to a roundabout with the railway pub on the left , you need to go right into the community centre and this opens up into a park car park, if you park here with the free gym over on your left then you need to look right and youll see some allotments, and then follow the fence to the right and youll see the halfpipe tucked away,, from the car park there is no sign of the pipe but it is there , also the turning on the roundabout is easy to miss but its right opposite the railway tavern pub.

If it's taller than a kerb (maybe 2) it'll be too high for me anyway, but I never knew there was a ramp (or a gym / allotments / playing field) here.

cheers toneinback!

Gary
doowyrag
Super Geek

Postby Andrew_Culture » Mon Nov 02, 2015 11:33 am

A skate ramp in aldeburgh? Least likely place ever! Cool though!
Andrew_Culture
I need a LIFE!

Return to Skate Spots