Skatepark Repairs

Got a project in your area? Need some advice on planning/funding/design etc?
Guests can post here.

Skatepark Repairs

Postby Cookie » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:12 pm

Hi Guy's

I went to a meeting last night with our local council regarding repairs/improvements to Yate (Peghill) skatepark.
It was quite a productive meeting, initially we just want them to repair the park, all kinds of fairly minor stuff, but the type of thing if left to council workers will be disaster.
So can anyone tell me if any of the current skatepark builders get involved or would be interested in repair work?
There is some funding for additions to the park, and maybe in the future a 'phase 2', but for now I just want to make sure the repairs and any improvements are done to a decent standard.
Any suggestions much appreciated.
Two fabs please Betty
Cookie
Bigger Geek

Re: Skatepark Repairs

Postby TonyB » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:43 pm

Andy Peerless has done repairs and improvements to Harrow over the last few years. http://www.fearlessramps.com/

I would also try Freestyle Ramps, they know what they are doing.

Best Advice get one of the more recognised skatepark builders to do it, they will know how to jump through local authority hoops. Anything to do with Councils is usually wrapped up in red tape and a load of Health & Safety BS with fair tendering to throw on top of that, it just depends which part of the Council budget is paying for it. If its coming out of an existing pot of cash budgeted for repairs or parks and recreation or youth development etc. it helps, and there might be less red tape.

The Answer to ALL bearing questions is Rockin Rons
What is the best soft wheel? Orange Rainskates Tsunami 85a duro (available in various sizes)
My Collection
TonyB
NERD!

Postby popspurnell » Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:48 pm

some of my mates run this site, i like the surface gotta say
http://skatepark-paint.co.uk/

Run a clothing brand called the Lab, they did this at andover skatepark.
popspurnell
I skateboard

Postby Nosepickin with a cobra » Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:49 pm

TonyB wrote: it just depends which part of the Council budget is paying for it. If its coming out of an existing pot of cash budgeted for repairs or parks and recreation or youth development etc. it helps, and there might be less red tape.
We've got a grant of about 30 grand that is just for the skatepark. About ten grand is going on putting some lights in and the rest is for repairs and additions. Further money will probably be harder to get hold of but this first chunk seems fairly readily available. Our council seem to see the park as one of their big achievements so we're kind of lucky in that we have a council that are keen to work with us. Still a local council though so we'll see what comes of it.

Cheers for the advice guys all looks good.
Skateboarding is for life. Not just for Christmas
Nosepickin with a cobra
skate skate skate

Postby Cookie » Tue Jan 21, 2014 9:48 am

Thanks for the info guys. I will pass this on to the council.
Fingers crossed we get some decent repairs.
Two fabs please Betty
Cookie
Bigger Geek

Return to Skatepark Building/ Design