Proposed Skate Park in Charlton, SE7

Got a project in your area? Need some advice on planning/funding/design etc?
Guests can post here.

Proposed Skate Park in Charlton, SE7

Postby pauleec » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:33 pm

Hello!

Some of you may already know there is a skate park proposed for Charlton Park, in South London. The Council are behind it (hamfistedly) but a vocal and influential bunch of locals are heavily against it (cos you know, Skaters take drugs and stab unicorns and stuff). I'm just a local Dad who wants this skate park for my kids (and for me if I'm honest) and a friend and I are having our own petition handed into the Town Hall tomorrow. If any of you wanted to sign the petition and help nudge us towards 1k that would be great. We have about 100 signatures offline already so we're probably about 100 signatures away from the magic number.

I can't post the link being a new user but if you google 'Show your support for the proposed skate park in Charlton Park' then you'll find the petition (top link).

Really wishing I'd found this forum earlier. Apologies if I've posted in the wrong place or committed a forum faux pas!

Cheers,

Paul
pauleec
I'm too scared to post more

Re: Proposed Skate Park in Charlton, SE7

Postby Nut » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:12 pm

It's a fair first post, 300k+ will buy a rather nice bowl!

Where are you at with your skating?

(Signed the petition btw, as I'm sure the others will)
Nut
nothing better to do

Postby GoR64 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:17 pm

No faux pas, but feel free to tell us a bit about yourself and get stuck in on here, some of us are alright :P

https://www.change.org/p/greenwich-coun ... rlton-park
Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby pauleec » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:22 pm

Thanks guys, appreciate the help.

Not much to tell, from a skate pov anyway. Total newcomer. Recently bought my 5 year old his first board, and getting increasingly jealous watching him learn to skate (plus I'm keep sneaking onto his and I'm pretty sure I'm gonna break it soon). He's getting lessons off a local skater and my plan is to get a board and start taking him to parks. Hopefully a local one in Charlton if it doesn't get overturned!
pauleec
I'm too scared to post more

Return to Skatepark Building/ Design