The Clash

The CD's, gigs & festivals. Noise to skate to!

The Clash

Postby HarryR » Sun Aug 11, 2013 1:03 pm

Good interview on the beeb last Friday with the surviving three members of the Clash:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b037vb11/Front_Row_The_Clash/
Rose-tinted view of the days of our youth; we stood the test of time.
HarryR
anorak alert

Re: The Clash

Postby Lone freestyler » Sun Aug 11, 2013 5:47 pm

Really enjoyed that too, led to a weekend listening to their albums back-to-back :D :D :D
History, it's just one fucking thing after another :roll:
Lone freestyler
Super Geek

Postby Carl Arnfield » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:39 pm

dont live by other peoples limitations

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby K-ROC » Fri Jan 17, 2014 7:03 pm

[youtube]http://youtu.be/Zivw8Md5Fdc[/youtube]

http://youtu.be/Zivw8Md5Fdc
Viva Joe Strummer. The Clash and beyond 8)
Yer might like this.
Form like Voltron
K-ROC
Geek

Postby hotrod » Mon Mar 17, 2014 6:13 pm

Never a huge clash fan tbh
some great songs but just a bit too much politics to me

A club I used to go to would not play 'should I stay or should I go' due to my mates and I getting a bit 'lively' on the dancefloor one evening. snakebite will know what I mean :wink:
Met Joe Strummer once and had a really good chat with him about music. he was a very honest genuine bloke and seemed interested in what I had to say about stuff.
said it was a refreshing change from all the 'yes joe we agree with everything you say' sorts.

Saw this in nyc a few years ago tho and had to snap it. Sadly its gone now.

dirty deeds done dirt cheap
hotrod
nothing better to do

Postby Brooster Green » Tue Jul 15, 2014 3:46 pm

Hi Harry,
Was just going through some shit on here, like ya do, and saw your Clash post. Nice one H, the best and most influential punk band, end of. It's a bit insulting calling them a punk band, since they opened up so many different types of music to a mainly white working class kids. Reggae, funk, rap, they had ut all but in their own sound. Do you know: Rick the Casbah was arranged by Topper, with him playing drums and keyboards and showing the rest of the band his diverse musical experience.

Brooster
Brooster Green
What mid life crisis ?

Postby j roach » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:49 pm

hotrod wrote:Met Joe Strummer once and had a really good chat with him about music. he was a very honest genuine bloke and seemed interested in what I had to say about stuff.
said it was a refreshing change from all the 'yes joe we agree with everything you say' sorts.

Heard this before, he walked into a club night a guy I knew was doing years back. Ended up chatting to the guys putting it on and took em back to his for a drink. They said he was one of the humblest, most unassuming and interesting guys they'd ever met, and like you found he really appreciated folks being honest and upfront with him.
j roach
nothing better to do

Postby vato kat » Tue Jul 15, 2014 9:57 pm

Brooster Green wrote:Hi Harry,
Was just going through some shit on here, like ya do, and saw your Clash post. Nice one H, the best and most influential punk band, end of. It's a bit insulting calling them a punk band, since they opened up so many different types of music to a mainly white working class kids. Reggae, funk, rap, they had ut all but in their own sound.

I prefer The Clash when they're not being a 'punk band'. Side 2 of Combat Rock is my favourite thing they did.

vato kat
SHOOT ME!

Return to Gnarly Dude!