Slint documentary

The CD's, gigs & festivals. Noise to skate to!

Slint documentary

Postby vato kat » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:43 pm

...is on in Leeds on April 1st. There's a showing in London too but I think it's sold out already.

vato kat
SHOOT ME!

Re: Slint documentary

Postby vato kat » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:49 pm

...and in case you're not familiar with them already...

vato kat
SHOOT ME!

Postby Leeroy » Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:11 am

I like slint, but i do think they are a little over rated, But i want to see this doco, I think its gona be very intresting. Thanks for the teaser.
Leeroy
smell of grip tape

Postby KarlR » Sat Mar 29, 2014 1:19 am

Only realised the doco (& remastered Spiderland reissue) existed via this thread. Haven't listened to the album in a long while but it's one of my all-time faves & deserved of all the hype. I did not realise however how young the band were when they recorded it. I had no idea they were still teenagers.

What were you guys doing at 18-19? I can say in my case, not much out side of scratching my arse & probably carrying on like a twat. I certainly wasn't recording an album like that one.

The reissue is sold out in preorders already.
KarlR
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Leeroy » Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:07 am

KarlR wrote:Only realised the doco (& remastered Spiderland reissue) existed via this thread. Haven't listened to the album in a long while but it's one of my all-time faves & deserved of all the hype. I did not realise however how young the band were when they recorded it. I had no idea they were still teenagers.

What were you guys doing at 18-19? I can say in my case, not much out side of scratching my arse & probably carrying on like a twat. I certainly wasn't recording an album like that one.

The reissue is sold out in preorders already.

To be making an album that progresive and ground breaking is pretty amazing for a 18 or 19 year old. Anyone dig squirrel bait i think brian was in that band to before slint , then of course the rest of the bands coined as post rock or whatever.In did see the for carnation in the 90s and they were fantastic.
Leeroy
smell of grip tape

Postby Leeroy » Thu May 08, 2014 8:11 am

Watched the doco a few weeks ago , and i have to say it was very good indeed. Highly recomend. b~
Leeroy
smell of grip tape

Return to Gnarly Dude!