Dead Kennedys

The CD's, gigs & festivals. Noise to skate to!

Dead Kennedys

Postby j roach » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:16 am

Had a few people say to me 'DK ain't the same without Jello' recently, which is true. Just got home from seeing em in Camden and... well... the pit didn't give a fuck :D

Been ill so first night out for a couple of weeks, somehow convinced myself to get down the front and I'm a slightly broken man tonight, broken but happy. Highlight was managing to scream 'Pol Pot!' down the mic before being flattened by a lot of people. Fun fun.

should really have posted to see if anybody was up for it but totally forgot it was on with being ill n stuff. But whatever folks might say, if you're into them they are well worth seeing while the bass player can still stand up.
j roach
nothing better to do

Re: Dead Kennedys

Postby Brian S » Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:59 am

Saw them in Sheffield a few nights ago, not quite the mad DK's experience of the early 80's I saw, but nice to hear the tunes live again, enjoyable & worth seeing :D
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Leeroy » Tue Sep 23, 2014 3:32 am

My band is supporting them i a few weeks, so i'll let you know what i think.
Leeroy
smell of grip tape

Postby j roach » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:40 am

Hey, very cool Leeroy. Spoke to a couple of guys who had chatted to them backstage and said they seemed very chilled and genuine, support band at Koko looked like they had a laugh with them too... hope you have a good one :)
j roach
nothing better to do

Postby Beigebomber » Wed Sep 24, 2014 8:42 am

Couldn't get to see them myself, but sent a photographer down to Koko to get some shots for the mag.
http://www.trebuchet-magazine.com/loite ... -kennedys/

Yeah, the bass player looks like a turtle, but I guess he's still got some snap in those old fingers.
Doesn´t like decks with dolphins or Bob Marley painted on.
Beigebomber
I got new wheels

Postby Brad Brains » Wed Sep 24, 2014 4:14 pm

I saw them about a year ago here in Vancouver and was really disappointed. I wold have been fine with the replacement singer if he just sang the songs but he acted like a Jello impersonator, tried to act and talk like him between songs. It totally made the show feel like it was an act, or karaoke or something. Go see Jello if you get the opportunity.

The best part of the DK show was seeing Dayglo Abortions rip like they are still in their twenties. They were rad!

I saw the latest reincarnation of Black Flag too when Ron Reyes was still singing and it was truly horrific, so bad that I've told myself that I will never go to another reunion show..........but then The Replacements started touring again.

The Replacements! Yay!
Skating since you were swimming in your Dad's nutsack.
Brad Brains
I got new wheels

Postby Leeroy » Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:26 am

Brad Brains wrote:I saw them about a year ago here in Vancouver and was really disappointed. I wold have been fine with the replacement singer if he just sang the songs but he acted like a Jello impersonator, tried to act and talk like him between songs. It totally made the show feel like it was an act, or karaoke or something. Go see Jello if you get the opportunity.

The best part of the DK show was seeing Dayglo Abortions rip like they are still in their twenties. They were rad!

I saw the latest reincarnation of Black Flag too when Ron Reyes was still singing and it was truly horrific, so bad that I've told myself that I will never go to another reunion show..........but then The Replacements started touring again.

The Replacements! Yay!

Hey Bad brains,

I have to say reunions are usaully bad. But i too would be all over the replacments. I did see the oz band the victims do a reform the other week and i have to say that was a plesant suprise. The acting like jello thing seems a bit retarded. But we will see. Talking Of reforms its radio birdman next month. Don't know if thats classed as a reform.
Leeroy
smell of grip tape

Return to Gnarly Dude!