Well I had one of those weeks, my daughter was admitted to hospital, all fine now and I got no chance to work on the ramp except for a half day shunt on saterday and about 20 minutes on friday night.
So I made the most of it. I added the final 3 joists that the ramp needed, because I misjudged the size of my wood somewhat. In total I was 100mm off, this resulted actually from getting wood from two different places, place one listed their 1.2 x 2.5 sheets as 2.4 lenghts and the other place was spot on. Bugger. My bad. Still worked with what I got. I actually got 5 sheets of ply laid by about 8pm friday night and took a quick pump to feel what she was like. I didn't want to push it, because I was worried about that last speck of light that you try to get in before going to bed and you end up falling out of a tree and breaking your arm.......lol. 15 minutes and packed it up.
Here you can clearly see the difference between the wood that wasn't treated with the waxyol and the one with the carbolinuem only. I quite like the brown finish. I'm finishing off all of the pissy small jobs that I've been putting off for a while and this includes both platforms.
I have the last of my surface cut and already on my bender (aka the ramp). This includes the final 3 sections for the garage side so at least that's 100% done and some of the opposite side. I need about 2 sheets of 18mm ply in order to finish off the ramp surface, so I'me going to have to save for that, but at least I can skate it. Plus it forces me to stick to carving and pumping for a few weeks.
Here you can see the section where I was short. I have a 18mm strip that's going in there and as this is not final covering, I'm not too phased.
Platforms have started on the garage side, these steel beams will be attached to other steel beams that'll run down against the wall (rawl-bolted) and then also attach at the bottom, this will be repeated 3 times and then there will be about 6 beams running accross from each one. Effectively bolting the ramp to the wall.
Here's the aftermath of my slam.
Waxyol (half dry) + 97a wheels + bit of dampness on the ramp = slam.
I got up to about 5cm from the top, stalled my re-entry from the backside carve somewhat and just slid out.
Here you can see the shit left on my wheels after the waxyol was still drying.