7:30 AM Pre-Work Sesh

where you skated ... and what you broke

7:30 AM Pre-Work Sesh

Postby samtots » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:01 pm

I just started skating again after about 12 years and at 38 I am totally consumed again by skateboarding. I have been hitting early morning sessions before work and it is a pretty awesome way to start the day. I get there around 7:15 and skate until 8:30, the sun is barely up right now and the park is super quiet. No scooter kids, no BMXers, no bad vibes, just me and the sound of concrete and coping. I have also been hitting up lunch sessions as well, speeding out at lunch for an hour and just escaping for a short bit, another great way to break up the day! Been shooting little videos with my iphone, all by myself... funny.

Anyhow I live in Boulder, Colorado and the skatepark is on my way to work... so I hit it early and then head back during work sometimes.
Attachments
72380_10151302822836529_1094649345_n.jpg
Breakfast Fronside Grind
Last edited by samtots on Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
samtots
What mid life crisis ?

Re: 7:30 AM Pre-Work Sesh

Postby Bullet » Wed Mar 20, 2013 11:10 pm

Sounds great... If I was an early riser I'd do the same! ..-
Part Animal - Part Machine
Bullet
I need a LIFE!

Postby chuffedankles » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:20 am

(AW)
I've been getting into the lunch-time sessions too where I can. They refresh me more. Still too damp in the mornings here, but come summer pre-work will be on!!!
chuffedankles
I got new wheels

Postby samtots » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:48 pm

7:30 AM is a bit early and today proved that. I was so groggy and just not into it, lasted about 30 minutes before I went to work. Didn't feel sharp and had a few bails that were on routine type of stuff, 50-50's etc... I think the key for me is giving enough time to drink a coffee and chill a bit. Today was rushed, from bed to board in 30 mins.

The nice thing is how quiet the park is at that time of day, except a few bums roaming around.
samtots
What mid life crisis ?

Postby dubious » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:02 pm

parks are prettym uch deserted here b4 noon.. even on a saturday morning!!!

big fan of the lunch time sesh.. theres a park under 10 minutes form me that i go to on the regualr.. that said i went there 2 days ago and half of its covered in snow, one corner looks like somebody dropped an entire truck load of gravel on it, and the rest was covered in about an inch of this fine light brown mystery dust.. needless the say the session was aborted!

havent seen the bottom of the bowl there in 3 months!
dubious
I skateboard

Postby samtots » Thu Mar 21, 2013 9:17 pm

Yea, here in Boulder the parks fill up pretty quick. Before 9 is usually good, but after that it starts to get busy. People get up and get after it early here --- even the skaters/bmxers/etc... at least that has been my experience.

Luckily, I have been skating this winter... even at night under the lights.
samtots
What mid life crisis ?

Postby SirLaughalot » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:37 pm

samtots wrote:7:30 AM is a bit early and today proved that. I was so groggy and just not into it, lasted about 30 minutes before I went to work. Didn't feel sharp and had a few bails that were on routine type of stuff, 50-50's etc... I think the key for me is giving enough time to drink a coffee and chill a bit. Today was rushed, from bed to board in 30 mins.

The nice thing is how quiet the park is at that time of day, except a few bums roaming around.

Roger that! I remember skating with a friend of mine after our paper rounds, we came to the conclusion that you can't ollie too early in the morning! Know what I mean?! Your body is just not ready for it!
SirLaughalot
skate skate skate

Return to Skate Stories