finally... thank you

where you skated ... and what you broke

finally... thank you

Postby Noah » Fri Apr 17, 2015 5:09 am

I quit skating at age 12. Never was good at skating. It's been about 10 months since I took it up again. Half of that was winter. And more often then not I didn't practice often.
Here I am, age 39. And tonight I am proud to say I can hop curbs. Something I could never do before. It's not an "ollie"... (hopefully one day my Ollie will be good enough to hop curbs).
It's my own style of hoping curbs, which uses an "early grab" and kind of an "acid drop"... very old school.
This is huge for me because it will help me skate with "flow". I ride an 80's board because they have big wheels & can ride over gravel unlike the small skateboards the kids ride today. Plus the ride quality & even the appearance is far more appealing to me.
Skateboards were always about transportation to me. Instead of walking, catching the bus or bikes or cars. That is the realm where longboards & old school "cruisers" with softer wheels are so awesome. I hope some of these extremely talented young skaters can sample the old cruisers.
Personally I will continue to learn tricks & one day maybe I can rock the skatepark with authority... but until then I AT LEAST CAN GET UP THE GOD DAMNED CURB :D
SKATER
Noah
skate skate skate

Re: finally... thank you

Postby parker_knoll » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:28 am

Video!
poorly co-ordinated gnarl
parker_knoll
am I a skate geek

Return to Skate Stories