At the park today

where you skated ... and what you broke

At the park today

Postby Kick You » Sun Jun 28, 2015 1:48 am

I was skating around and this also older guy saw my SC Steve Olson reissue. He was stoked, and went and grabbed his Black Label SO out of his car, and I took a pic. It's not often you see either of these anymore, and especially 2 at the same park at the same time. :)

Kick You
skate skate skate

Re: At the park today

Postby Kick You » Fri Jul 03, 2015 4:11 am

Thursday July 2:

21 scooterers
4 skateboarders

30 mins later; 3 skateboarders leave, 3 scooterers show up.

24 scooterers
1 skateboarder (me)

I go for my usual run around the deck and some 12 year old scooterer gets pissy with me because I cut off his 75th run down the bowl and launching out. I laugh and call him 'scooter traffic control kid'. His mom was there filming them and gave me a dirty look. I skated away chuckling.

For the next 30 mins I fuck with them by doing my normal lines in the bowl where they were doing their launches. They were pissy. lol

Crappy day at the park overall.
Kick You
skate skate skate

At the park today

Postby micke » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:35 pm

Why do people call them scooters? Nothing scooter about them. Their right name is kick bike (or something worse).

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
"You ride fucking indys bitch".
Coach Frank
micke
Bigger Geek

Postby Kick You » Mon Jul 13, 2015 6:51 am

Because that's what the companies that make them call them.

Today: rear truck got hung upon a roll in to the 1/4 pipe/bowl. I went flying about 4 feet out, and 4 feet down. I landed on my left arm, which pushed solidly into my ribs. Knocked the wind out of me, and now my ribs are extremely sore. Most likely bruised and/or cracked. No skating for a while til this heals up. :(
Kick You
skate skate skate

Postby micke » Tue Jul 14, 2015 6:20 am

One not so fun there K Y. Hope they're not fractured and that you'd be rolling soon.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
"You ride fucking indys bitch".
Coach Frank
micke
Bigger Geek

Postby Kick You » Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:39 pm

micke wrote:One not so fun there K Y. Hope they're not fractured and that you'd be rolling soon.

Thanks man! At 44 I'm a lot more sore than I was the last time I cracked them in my early 20's, though that sucked too.

As far as scooters, that's just what they're called over here. :?: They're lame, but it's what my son is into right now. I'm not going to push him into skating if he's not interested just because I want him to skate. That's a sure way to turn him off of it.

http://www.luckyscooters.com/products/scooter-builder?gclid=CjwKEAjw5pKtBRCqpfPK5qXatWYSJABi5kTxVBl4WrzAEiiMwsQUynA1hWdZ8Vi2cw4R5-8rKaG7cBoCRafw_wcB

http://fuzionscooter.com/pro/z300-blue/?gclid=CjwKEAjw5pKtBRCqpfPK5qXatWYSJABi5kTxexRXW3m6LMEejGgx0-BT-61jPMPsIDuytSB-H5IsUxoCPiDw_wcB
Kick You
skate skate skate

Return to Skate Stories