Knee - lucky escape I think.

Now you broke it, etc.. and how to make it better ....

Knee - lucky escape I think.

Postby Nut » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:06 pm

2 things I learnt this week:

You can buy reasonably sturdy crutches at Argos (http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/p ... 650861.htm)

and

After weeks of inactivity, a quick stretch in a draughty skatepark (Sourcepark, Hastings - is really good) does not constitute a warm up.

Right knee (back foot), probably still a bit cold, fakie disaster, kinda made it but went down anyway, stood up, went to walk away - first step: bang, immobile.

Soft tissue damage, subject to another physio appt.
Nut
nothing better to do

Re: Knee - lucky escape I think.

Postby nevertooold » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:52 pm

Ouch!
Hopefully it's quick to heal

And who new Argos sold crutches!
Been wondering if that Hastings park is worth the drive down in the Easter break
nevertooold
nothing better to do

Postby mjlally » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:22 pm

hope you heal up soon and no lasting damage.
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Postby Nut » Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:44 pm

thanks both, it's the end of the third day and I can almost straighten it. Little tippy-toe steps too.

We knew the big bowl was going to be BMXy, the little bowl was a pleasant surprise. No problems with slip, I thought at the cost of being a little slow - but others thought it was fast. I'm slow.

Bowls - great, staff - excellent - that's all I saw :) Maybe a little expensive.
Nut
nothing better to do

Postby Nut » Sat May 28, 2016 12:20 pm

It's knee week here at MAS.

Mine was diagnosed as a lateral meniscal tear, had an MRI yesterday and physio starts next week. TBF, I've had very little need for the NHS over the years. When I finally did go to the doctor, the care has been pretty good.
Nut
nothing better to do

Postby duck » Mon May 30, 2016 1:35 am

Nut wrote:It's knee week here at MAS.

Mine was diagnosed as a lateral meniscal tear, had an MRI yesterday and physio starts next week. TBF, I've had very little need for the NHS over the years. When I finally did go to the doctor, the care has been pretty good.

Good to hear. It was nice seeing you have a tentative roll around at shoreham last week - but don't be tempted to do too much too soon! better to heal properly first :)
Amateur skate videos from somerset and beyond: http://youtube.com/robotduckvideo
duck
am I a skate geek

Postby Nut » Mon May 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Staying off it until my first physio at least. Hoping they'll agree that some light exercise would be beneficial. ..-
Nut
nothing better to do

Postby Nut » Thu Jun 23, 2016 2:18 pm

I've had to pause the physio for a bit - working the right side has wobbled something loose on my left :(

Been doing the prescribed physio for a couple of weeks when all of a sudden the muscles at the top of my right leg just started to give way after 5mins walking.
It could be related to my ongoing glass back but having eased off the physio I can now walk for 20-30mins again. (Dogs)

Back there again on the 30th - the knee is doing alright., they've got to help with my back now surely?
Nut
nothing better to do

Return to Injury Bench