Well now I've gone and done it...

Now you broke it, etc.. and how to make it better ....

Well now I've gone and done it...

Postby seege » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Rotator Cuff injuries suck.

Ugh.

Last summer I did a number at high speed going downhill. I knew I was going down so instead of a full-on body slam I did a 360 flip and landed on the back. Walked away from the scene, knowing it could have been worse. I was pretty proud of how it went down. Two days later I come to realize that I'd landed smack dab full-on body slam on the back of the shoulder. 8 months out with PT, and it appears to be (finally) on the mend... (yeah, I really did a number on it).

So last week I decide it's time to head to the local park, practice dropping in and have a good time with my son, and damn if I didn't take out the *other* fucking shoulder.

I get home and realize that it's been raining and the gutter needs to be cleaned out. Oh, and I'm supposed to paint the ceiling in the shop.

Fuck. Me.

I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure the younger skater voice will listen to the grown-up voice for the skating season for the remainder of the year. I need to heal (and do everything else I need to do in life) and I'm afraid that I'm one spectacular fall away from something resembling permanent injury.... knowing the rotator cuffs are officially compromised at this point.

And I was supposed to build the mini-ramp in the back yard this year.

First things first, though... I suppose. Like healing up. *** Properly ***.

Looking forward to next year! At least I can still cycle, so I'm counting my blessings that I didn't damage everything worse than did. Could have been worse...

Off to watch some skate videos, do some guided meditation imagining He-Man Manly shoulders.
seege
What mid life crisis ?

Re: Well now I've gone and done it...

Postby nevertooold » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:03 pm

Well that sucks. Hope you're healed up for summer.
nevertooold
nothing better to do

Re: Well now I've gone and done it...

Postby Andrew_Culture » Wed Mar 30, 2016 10:25 am

Gah! Heinous! Heal good!
Andrew_Culture
I need a LIFE!

Return to Injury Bench