frontside bruised ribs

Now you broke it, etc.. and how to make it better ....

frontside bruised ribs

Postby abuck » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:17 pm

Fell and jammed my elbow into my ribs trying frontside bonelesses (wimpy ones, at that) on my mini ramp. That was a few days ago and I think I'm at the "getting worse before it gets better" phase. The bummer is I was having so much fun and really felt like I was progressing (got RnR boardslides thanks to MAS). Taking time off of skating sucks, but...I'm not going to skate until I feel a bit better as to not exacerbate things. If you see me, don't make me laugh or pick things up off the floor. Those things hurt.
8.5" Elephant Brand deck, Indy hollow 149s, 53mm Bones 100s, Spitfire Cheapshot bearings
abuck
I like skateboarding

Re: frontside bruised ribs

Postby Andrew_Culture » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:04 pm

Ribs are horrible things to hurt. I've done it on my bike.

I hope your sleep isn't too disrupted.
Andrew_Culture
I need a LIFE!

Postby skov » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Bad luck!
I did the same thing doing a frontside air on mini ramp last year.
If I recall correctly the pain did seem to get a lot worse after a few days.
It took me about 4 weeks to get fully over it, but I was skating, albeit carefully, sooner than that.
Last edited by skov on Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skov
I got new wheels

Postby Baz4077 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:32 pm

I feel your pain!!!cracked a rib beginning of last year trying front side disaster rib injuries are a bummer didn't take to long befor I could skate again carefully you'll be brand new in no time I was contimplating wearing moto X arma to skate in :wink:
being short ant all bad it's not as far to fall !!
Baz4077
skate skate skate

Postby abuck » Tue Sep 13, 2016 6:06 pm

Ibuprofen is helping, I hope to be skating in a day or two. I wear bum savers, so I might as well look into rib savers.
8.5" Elephant Brand deck, Indy hollow 149s, 53mm Bones 100s, Spitfire Cheapshot bearings
abuck
I like skateboarding

Postby Glenouille » Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:39 am

I hope you get better quickly - I fell exactly the same way last year.
Kept on skateboarding for a week or so post bail, ignoring the pain but in the end I think I was not helping the healing process. Once warmed up I was fine, but any movement was really painful the following day.
Also the fear of falling the same way was stifling the session a bit so I stop riding altogether for a little while.
Glenouille
I got new wheels

Postby Andrew_Culture » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:16 am

abuck wrote:Ibuprofen is helping, I hope to be skating in a day or two. I wear bum savers, so I might as well look into rib savers.

Have you tried Voltarol? It's a cream that seems to be helping my knee heal a bit faster.
Andrew_Culture
I need a LIFE!

Postby abuck » Thu Sep 15, 2016 1:26 pm

Wow, Voltarol looks like a miracle cream. Fortunately, I feel like I'm on the mend. I bruised my ribs once before landing on my elbow doing a really high worm (yes, the breakdance move). I think that bruise was worse than this one. I hope everyone on the injury bench feels better soon. It sucks not being able to skate, especially with the weather getting cooler and the season turning to Fall.
abuck
I like skateboarding

Postby Jimmycakes401 » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:23 pm

abuck wrote:Wow, Voltarol looks like a miracle cream. Fortunately, I feel like I'm on the mend. I bruised my ribs once before landing on my elbow doing a really high worm (yes, the breakdance move). I think that bruise was worse than this one. I hope everyone on the injury bench feels better soon. It sucks not being able to skate, especially with the weather getting cooler and the season turning to Fall.

Haha. I wanted to read this because I just hurt my rib. I love the final note

"Then break dance move" :D :D :D

I've broken ribs in the past, but my story isn't that good
Current pipe setup: Welcome Sloth Hammer Head Deck, Spitfire Formula 4 58mm 99a, Hollow Indi trucks, soft bones bushins, Redz bearings
Jimmycakes401
nothing better to do

Return to Injury Bench