Yoga and helping old body find some relief

Now you broke it, etc.. and how to make it better ....

Yoga and helping old body find some relief

Postby Benza » Wed Jan 04, 2017 10:53 pm

As the title says, i found this article on Jenkem and gave it a try, since a week i'm doing all of these exercises except the "saddle" (which is too challenging for my back) and i indeed found it's helping my joints feel a little better.
I recommend the #5 one to relief legs and knee pains after a session, it really works!
I was skeptical at first but i have to say it helps feel better an old battered body like mine so i thought i might share this to my middle age fellas, give it at least a try ;)
http://www.jenkemmag.com/home/2016/12/2 ... o-to-yoga/
Benza
skate skate skate

Re: Yoga and helping old body find some relief

Postby The Reptile House » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:52 pm

Nice one - I've been looking for something like this, because I've never had conventional physiotherapy which didn't make things worse.
The Reptile House
I got new wheels

Postby Benza » Thu Jan 05, 2017 10:54 pm

The Reptile House wrote:Nice one - I've been looking for something like this, because I've never had conventional physiotherapy which didn't make things worse.

try it, so far it's only doing good for me, i've had lots of injuries (broke three times left ankle, once the right one and tore my meniscus two years ago) and before the session i do the first exercises and after i do the legs on the wall thing which brings away almost all the soreness on my legs (they say to hold it for 5 minutes but i feel it so good i stay even 10 or 15 minutes!)
Let me say i admit (and now feel ignorant because of it) I thought yoga was bullshit but i'm totally changing idea after this.
Benza
skate skate skate

Postby SidcupSlam » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Thanks Benza, I was just about to submit a post to this topic asking if anyone had any links to a decent yoga workout when I saw your post. I too never thought I would be getting involved in yoga but I'm hearing some very positive things about it. Namaste (or something like that)!
SidcupSlam
I skateboard

Postby nevertooold » Sun Jan 15, 2017 2:54 pm

There are quite a few videos with yoga for skateboarders on YouTube
Also there's a good pre skate stretching one on the Braille page
nevertooold
nothing better to do

Postby vato kat » Sun Jan 15, 2017 6:01 pm

'Yoga With Adriene' has lots of varied stuff. Something for everyone. https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene
vato kat
SHOOT ME!

Postby dirtyrotten » Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:49 pm

Thats great! Thank you big time.
dirtyrotten
skate skate skate

Postby Benza » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:38 am

nevertooold wrote:There are quite a few videos with yoga for skateboarders on YouTube
Also there's a good pre skate stretching one on the Braille page

I was just browsing that on the tube some days ago and found this with Salba! I still have a vhs of Streets on fire so i was impressed to see he's still shredding pools, he should be well in his fifties i guess, and now i discover he found help in yoga :!:
If it's Salba-approved you know this shit works!
Benza
skate skate skate

Postby Benza » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:39 am

vato kat wrote:'Yoga With Adriene' has lots of varied stuff. Something for everyone. https://www.youtube.com/user/yogawithadriene

I foud this helpful also, this woman has tons of exercises and i wish i have the time to try them all!
Benza
skate skate skate

Postby Benza » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:52 am

SidcupSlam wrote:Thanks Benza, I was just about to submit a post to this topic asking if anyone had any links to a decent yoga workout when I saw your post. I too never thought I would be getting involved in yoga but I'm hearing some very positive things about it. Namaste (or something like that)!

Glad to help! I will turn 42 this year, trying skating street at my age is pretty demanding so i have at least to try preserve my muscles and prevent injuries doing something for my body.
I'm a bit of a lazy guy and also have no time to go to (often expensive) yoga classes because most of the time i must stay at home taking care of my old man, so i had to find something that can be done at home and for free :D that article in Jenkem came with the right stuff at the right time........and seems it works too!
Benza
skate skate skate

Postby 606 » Mon Jan 16, 2017 12:27 pm

Good stuff. I do slalom, which is involves pushing hard to get up speed. Got some damage to the achilles nearly a year ago and it's a bugger to get fixed. Always stretch.
I got new wheels

Postby Jimmycakes401 » Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:44 pm

Going to watch that first video later. Thanks. I do a lot of stretching. I need to figure out how to open up my hips. That is a major point of tension for me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Current pipe setup: Welcome Sloth Hammer Head Deck, Spitfire Formula 4 58mm 99a, Hollow Indi trucks, soft bones bushins, Redz bearings
Jimmycakes401
nothing better to do

Postby Toon » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:35 pm

I've started doing Yoga again since relearning skating. half an hour sesh before a shred, then everyday really so I can feel human again with all the aches,pains, and injures. It really help with a positive outlook as well as the physical bemefits.
https://www.instagram.com/richy_skates/
Toon
skate skate skate

Return to Injury Bench