Hello

Newbies can post here

Hello

Postby ron » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:43 pm

I've just joined so thought I'd say hi.
My name's Darren, or ron to some. Used to skate with Boomerdog and Fred back in Colchester* before fleeing to the surfy southwest. Still skating a bit and hoping to carry on for a fair bit yet.

Cheers.

* I tried using the county that Colchester is in but....
ron
What mid life crisis ?

Re: Hello

Postby RoryH » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:57 pm

Welcome Ron, nothing wrong with 'Essex'! One of the reasons I like Colchester a lot is its supposed to be one of the driest places in the UK weather-wise.
RoryH
What mid life crisis ?

Postby J_c90 » Tue Feb 14, 2017 1:47 pm

Welcome to the party. Pad up (or not) and GET SOME.
IG: @cleam.clackers
J_c90
nothing better to do

Postby SidcupSlam » Wed Feb 15, 2017 12:50 am

Welcome aboard Ron. I used to live in Plymouth in the late 80's. Skated some nice ramps around the Kingsbridge and Paington area before Plymouth got its very own skatepark on the west end of the Hoe in 1990. It had a nice 6ft midi ramp as I recall. What's Plymouth's skate facilities like nowadays ?
SidcupSlam
I skateboard

Postby ron » Wed Feb 15, 2017 9:27 am

SidcupSlam wrote:Welcome aboard Ron. I used to live in Plymouth in the late 80's. Skated some nice ramps around the Kingsbridge and Paington area before Plymouth got its very own skatepark on the west end of the Hoe in 1990. It had a nice 6ft midi ramp as I recall. What's Plymouth's skate facilities like nowadays ?

hi, Plymouth is pretty good now in comparison. I moved here just before those West Hoe ramps and used to skate them a lot, (doing lots of layback rollouts..!) Then an outdoor concrete park got built over at Salt Mill in Saltash which was good for a carve around - has a nice mini bowl. Central Park has a nice little outdoor concrete park in Central Park which is also free to ride. Then there's Prime, an indoor wood park that has a very sweet midi ramp and big street area. Nick Marker's creation - solid park and a good scene.

There's also the Anchor Bank, of course - the Hoe on a sunny day and the constant supply of kids flipping, flapping, hopping and flopping outside the Civic. I would say it's a pretty good scene - most of the skaters that were around in the West Hoe days are still riding.

PS Those West Hoe ramps wound up in Par right next to the railway station. No idea if they are still there!
ron
What mid life crisis ?

Postby rexmtl » Wed Feb 15, 2017 3:15 pm

Wecome aboard Ron! Lots of good folks and great info here... have fun!!!!!!!!!!!!
rexmtl
skate skate skate

Postby Brian S » Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:09 pm

Welcome, Pad up & stay safe! :D
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby BOOMERDOG » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:04 pm

Ah ...there you are.. :P
A.U. team rider for http://www.pavel-skates.com
decent hardware australia - [email protected]
Heelside magazine- http://www.heelsidemag.com
O.G. LSD
BOOMERDOG
Admin

Postby mjlally » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:27 pm

Hello there Ron, just moved down this way myself in January. I'm over in Torpoint.

I've not been skating much since getting down but have managed to skate Prime, Junkyard over in Saltash and Mount Hawke (just last week end). Other than that I've skated the mini over at Millbrook and taken my cruiser set up on the hoe for a roll. Mostly been surfing when I've had time to get out. Have not made it to Central park or the outdoor at Saltmill yet.

Must try and get a skate with you some time.
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Postby vato kat » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:54 pm

Hello!
vato kat
SHOOT ME!

Postby nevertooold » Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:07 pm

Hellooooooo
Get pads and a helmet and have fun
nevertooold