Back on the board

Newbies can post here

Back on the board

Postby Neo » Tue May 01, 2018 7:49 am

Hello to all

So back on the board after a 10 year break life just seems to get hectic in your 20s well it’s actually still hectic
Having recently moved to the U.K. I’m blown away at how many parks have popped up since I was last here. And some good looking surfaces running through the local parks like Virginia Waters defiantly going to go for a Cruze with the little one - that was actually what really got me thinking about getting a board to just go for a Cruz through the local parks and the nipper is getting pretty quick on her scooter

So at 33 I’m looking forward to getting back on the board - bought a pretty good set up second hand I would have preferred a slightly wider deck and bigger wheels as mentioned just really want to do a little cruzing through the parks and learn how to ride a bowl and a mini ramp.

Still need to get some pads and a helmet - I think it’s pretty cool that guys like Mike V have gotten behind wearing helmets. As with kids you got to set the example.

I remember when we were in Aus I went to go watch the locals skating the bowl at Bondi beach and the older guys were all padded up some youngster came along he was really good but the older guys were giving him grief for not wearing at least a helmet in the end one of the guys lent him a helmet and he continued to rip it up with the old guys - I thought it was really cool.

Cheers
Neo
What mid life crisis ?

Re: Back on the board

Postby pete » Tue May 01, 2018 10:52 am

welcome back to the team :D

i'm gona stay away from the whole helmet thing though lol
pete
nothing better to do

Re: Back on the board

Postby Brian S » Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm

Welcome back! :D Not quite middle aged yet though :lol: