West Pier Mini Ramp Brighton Circa '87..Anyone got any pics?

Post your skate photos here.

West Pier Mini Ramp Brighton Circa '87..Anyone got any pics?

Postby Ocean Sports Hove » Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:43 pm

Sorry its not a photo, but a photo request any one got any shots of the Mini Ramp under the Brightons West pier circa 1987 ish - Be great to see um if you have - such a fun ramp while it lasted.... be nice to see some level concrete banks shots too.... Cheers James
Skate Surf and Snow Since 1990
Ocean Sports Hove
What mid life crisis ?

Re: West Pier Mini Ramp Brighton Circa '87..Anyone got any p

Postby andy turner » Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:10 pm

I remember taking the trip down to that mini a couple of times, gnarly atmosphere under the Pier! Doubt I've got any pics to be honets. Most of mine are Crawley or Southsea from that time.
Andy
andy turner
I need a LIFE!

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:42 am

andy turner wrote:I remember taking the trip down to that mini a couple of times, gnarly atmosphere under the Pier! Doubt I've got any pics to be honets. Most of mine are Crawley or Southsea from that time.
Andy

Can you post them in a seperate thread if possible?
Is this where I am supposed to write something witty?
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby andy turner » Wed Jun 16, 2010 5:22 pm

Will see what I have. I found a load of grainy pics in the loft today that I took at the Bones Brigade tour at Southsea I think around 91 at a guess. Bucky, Hawk, Underhill, Manzouri etc. Will get them scanned in and post up when I get a chance. I was on the platform of the vert so they are not too bad.
andy turner
I need a LIFE!

Postby mattone » Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:16 am

Hi RE-AL used to have a photo album of all that stuff including shots of the halfpipe at the level before the tree fell on it!!! god knows where that album is now?? now that the shop has gone, would like to see it myself as i know i'm in it
mattone
What mid life crisis ?

Postby andy turner » Wed Jul 21, 2010 10:49 pm

mattone wrote:Hi RE-AL used to have a photo album of all that stuff including shots of the halfpipe at the level before the tree fell on it!!! god knows where that album is now?? now that the shop has gone, would like to see it myself as i know i'm in it

RE-AL are still in business, just not in brighton. they have a shop in Eastbourne town centre, down near the old cinema opposite debenhams (or at least it was there the last time I went a few months ago). They have a website as well: http://www.realskatestore.com/
andy turner
I need a LIFE!

Postby keen2learn » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:21 pm

hi

West pier mini - now were talking ;0)

Spent days and days under there, most rickety mini you can imagine, but still packed and a great place to skate....

Until it caught fire and the fire brigade literally washed it into a small pile of splinters...

Good times

Cheers
Keen..
keen2learn
What mid life crisis ?

Return to Photos