My Local

Postby Lucky Leah » Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:03 pm

This is our local park, Frankston, Victoria, Australia

Billys Bowl :D

My Bowl :D

Desperately trying to dry the bowls for MOSS Jam 2009

Part of the street course

More of the street course on the rainy day jam

The rainy day was the day our MOSS Jam got rained out.......Tony Hawk came to visit

This is another favorite park of ours Heywood, it's a little gem we stumbled accross in our travels about 5 hours from where we live. This was the location of my first drop in in a public park

Me

Billy

Adam

Dareje

Lucky Leah
smell of grip tape

Re: My Local

Postby Plank » Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:34 pm

nice smooth creteImage
Plank
anorak alert

Postby ben g » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:28 pm

Nice smooth skaters !
It only hurts until they administer the morphine.
ben g
I-Blade

Postby BOOMERDOG » Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:58 am

the pool @ frankston is a big mofo..i skated it with billy about 3 weeks ago..you need the disco legs to pump around it properly....prolly the best pool i have skated in oz.... 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) x-x ..-
A.U. team rider for http://www.pavel-skates.com
decent hardware australia - [email protected]
Heelside magazine- http://www.heelsidemag.com
O.G. LSD
BOOMERDOG
Admin

Postby Nathan » Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:56 pm

Nice bowl, but still too many bitey/stingy things in that country to make me want to visit!
Nathan
Geek

Postby BillfromOz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 3:01 pm

Nathan wrote:Nice bowl, but still too many bitey/stingy things in that country to make me want to visit!

jeezuz, you poms are obsessed with the idea that my great southern homeland is crawling with farken deadly spiders, vengeful great whites, and murderous wombats.

the scariest thing around Franskston bowl is the local bogans ...
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby Des » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:21 pm

Shit me wiggammywooos Bill!!!!! How big is the bogans??? Are they tarantula size?
Des
SHOOT ME!

Postby ben g » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:56 pm

I also noticed the scooter infestation that got you / me / us all riled up on the OMA forums :@~
There are tons of the fuckers hanging round the top of that pool.
It only hurts until they administer the morphine.
ben g
I-Blade

Postby BillfromOz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:28 pm

bogans are what chavs aspire to be. I suspect Frankston is actually the origin point for the bogan species, the very navel form which boganism first sprung triumphant into the world fully equipped with a burning fag, a can of woodstock bourbon, a dole form, an extra kid for extra dole, and genuine uggies.
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby BillfromOz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:30 pm

plus a pair of 'skinny' trakky daks and no grunders!
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby Nick F » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:37 pm

What a great looking park *<:-) Didnt realise it rained in Oz. I'm afraid I aint going there til they have cleaned up all the poisonous spiders either. Sharks are fine so long as you dont get wet. Spiders, fuck that, snekks too, nasty silent slimy poisernous bitey fuckers.

I would soooooo love a go in that bowl though.
"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah my foes and oh my friends, It gives a lovely light!"
Nick F
anorak alert

Postby Alec » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:42 pm

Lookout for the drop bears :shock:
andre wrote: the 8 is a different beast altogether. you won't be thinking about truck geometry when you're just trying not to get killed. :mrgreen:
Alec
No fingers left from posting .... what a

Postby greywolf » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:46 pm

BillfromOz wrote:bogans are what chavs aspire to be. I suspect Frankston is actually the origin point for the bogan species, the very navel form which boganism first sprung triumphant into the world fully equipped with a burning fag, a can of woodstock bourbon, a dole form, an extra kid for extra dole, and genuine uggies.

:? I say chaps ,is there anybody available for translation please ?
greywolf

Postby Lucky Leah » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:34 am

greywolf wrote:
BillfromOz wrote:bogans are what chavs aspire to be. I suspect Frankston is actually the origin point for the bogan species, the very navel form which boganism first sprung triumphant into the world fully equipped with a burning fag, a can of woodstock bourbon, a dole form, an extra kid for extra dole, and genuine uggies.

:? I say chaps ,is there anybody available for translation please ?

Lets just say that when I moved to Frankston I felt comfortable going to the local shops barefoot, wearing ten year old trakkys, with a ciggy hanging out of my mouth and kids in tow to buy a $3 bottle of red wine........

Since then our status has been elevated to 'Mogun', being a bogun with money.....that means that you have jobs and cars

'Metros' resulted as a form of child rebellion towards bogun parents, thus the birth of the scooter infestation. Scooter bugs are deathly afraid of the boguns, which aids in keeping the balance of power in Frankston Skate park in check. If you're looking to keep a scooter infestation in check.....hire a bogun!!!

Scooters are by far the worst bug infestation that we have here, none of the creepy crawlies come close, not even the 'drop bear' :D
Lucky Leah
smell of grip tape

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:48 am

BillfromOz wrote:plus a pair of 'skinny' trakky daks and no grunders!

You just made that up didn't you?

Either that or your cat just walked over the keyboard. :mrgreen:
Is this where I am supposed to write something witty?
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby BillfromOz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:41 am

You insensitve farken brute. I had to leave me beloved pussy cat in Australia because they wanted to lock her up here for a month in quaranine for rabies checks - even though Autralia has never had a single case of rabies, my cat was immunised for it anyway in the hope of bringing her here, and she lived indoors her entire life.

You pommie bastards :evil:

To translate - trakky daks are cheap nylon trackpants from K-mart. The best of them are designed to automatically expose the anal crack of the bogan wearer (just like skinny jeans). Grunders are obviously underpants.

The whole set-up leaves a good spot for other bogans to extinguish their Winfield ciggies. Butts in the butt please ...

You cruel, carping, illiterate, pedantic, mad-cow infected self-satisfied pommie bastards (gh) how do yuz sleep at nignt with the constant threat of immigrant rabid mad cats pounding on your brains ...
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby Nathan » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 am

BillfromOz wrote:
Nathan wrote:Nice bowl, but still too many bitey/stingy things in that country to make me want to visit!

jeezuz, you poms are obsessed with the idea that my great southern homeland is crawling with farken deadly spiders, vengeful great whites, and murderous wombats.

Maybe I was referring to the women......I hear they have even put one in charge now. There goes the Aussie macho image with a welsh sheila running the country.

My aussie mate who sits opposite me at work has just started laughing and then stopped dead in his tracks - apparently he hasn't kept up with the news back at home and is shocked to hear it.
Nathan
Geek

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:53 pm

BillfromOz wrote:You insensitve farken brute. I had to leave me beloved pussy cat in Australia because they wanted to lock her up here for a month in quaranine for rabies checks - even though Autralia has never had a single case of rabies, my cat was immunised for it anyway in the hope of bringing her here, and she lived indoors her entire life.

To translate - trakky daks are cheap nylon trackpants from K-mart. The best of them are designed to automatically expose the anal crack of the bogan wearer (just like skinny jeans). Grunders are obviously underpants.

The whole set-up leaves a good spot for other bogans to extinguish their Winfield ciggies. Butts in the butt please ...

You cruel, carping, illiterate, pedantic, mad-cow infected self-satisfied pommie bastards (gh) how do yuz sleep at nignt with the constant threat of immigrant rabid mad cats pounding on your brains ...

Cheers mate!

Sorry to hear about your pussy.
But look on the bright side it wasn't fair to subject her to the British weather.

On a more serious note though does it meow with an Australian accent? :lol:
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby Baldy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:01 pm

BillfromOz wrote:

the scariest thing around Franskston bowl is the local bogans ...

Des wrote:Shit me wiggammywooos Bill!!!!! How big is the bogans??? Are they tarantula size?

BillfromOz wrote:plus a pair of 'skinny' trakky daks and no grunders!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

plenty of lunctime lols in this thread

Lucky Leah wrote:This is our local park, Frankston, Victoria, Australia

Billys Bowl :D

that bowl looks sweet. Nice photo!
Baldy
Rather Splendid Chap

Postby Nick F » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:13 pm

SNAKEBITE wrote:
BillfromOz wrote:You insensitve farken brute. I had to leave me beloved pussy cat in Australia because they wanted to lock her up here for a month in quaranine for rabies checks - even though Autralia has never had a single case of rabies, my cat was immunised for it anyway in the hope of bringing her here, and she lived indoors her entire life.

Cheers mate!

Sorry to hear about your pussy.
But look on the bright side it wasn't fair to subject her to the British weather.

They dont meow, they woem

I'm still not sure I get the various social levels in Oz
"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah my foes and oh my friends, It gives a lovely light!"
Nick F
anorak alert

Postby Alec » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:26 pm

Nick F wrote:
SNAKEBITE wrote:.

Don't you mean ʍoǝɯ?
andre wrote: the 8 is a different beast altogether. you won't be thinking about truck geometry when you're just trying not to get killed. :mrgreen:
Alec

Postby greywolf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:47 pm

Alec wrote:
Nick F wrote:
SNAKEBITE wrote:.

Don't you mean ʍoǝɯ?

Whatever they do , it's best to leave the rabid ridden ratbags back in the colonies ! :twisted:
greywolf

Postby BillfromOz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:02 pm

I've just arranged to have couple of these shipped straight to Greywolf's grunders ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU44KwIfBXM
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby whoyodaddy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:09 pm

Nick F wrote:I'm still not sure I get the various social levels in Oz

The social structure is this:

- Regular Aussies
- Bogans

Bogans make up about 50% of the urban population of Melbourne (and probably the rest of the country) in my experience. They drink 'piss' not beer (usually Carlton Draught), wear ugg boots with shorts, have rat tail hair do's, wear rock t-shirts and/or plaid shirts. They say 'fack' and 'cant' in every sentence and they smoke 'Holiday' cigarettes in (I shit you not) packs of 40 - they are like shoe boxes of fags. On the weekends a little bit of Meth or 'ice' is usually enjoyed with their 'piss' and fags.

The regular aussies are the same but don't partake in so much meth and they drink VB and not Carlton Draught.

:D I fitted in perfectly over there
whoyodaddy
nothing better to do

Postby BillfromOz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:15 pm

that's a farken carnt of a comment ya farken carnt!

ya decent bloody bogan smokes farken Winfields, Holidays are for carnts!

I'm a farken intalakshel aussie and drink farken coopers!
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby Nick F » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:22 pm

BillfromOz wrote:I've just arranged to have couple of these shipped straight to Greywolf's grunders ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SU44KwIfBXM

Why would greywolf want the Ozzie parliament in his grunders, or is this X factor down grunder??? :shock: :lol:

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SU44KwIfBXM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SU44KwIfBXM&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]
Nick F
anorak alert

Postby whoyodaddy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:27 pm

BillfromOz wrote:that's a farken carnt of a comment ya farken carnt!

ya decent bloody bogan smokes farken Winfields, Holidays are for carnts!

I'm a farken intalakshel aussie and drink farken coopers!

You must be one of them posh cants maaaate. What with ya's fackin Winfields and ya pooftah Coopers. I bet you like a Crownie too, but only on a special occasion of course. nah, youse cants are alright, otherwise I wouldn't have married one of youse. Now wheres me slab of piss and me ciggies - i need something to wash down me twisties.
whoyodaddy
nothing better to do

Postby Lucky Leah » Tue Jun 29, 2010 3:36 pm

Hahahahaha :D :D :D

yous guys are maken me piss me sewf larfen
Lucky Leah
smell of grip tape

Postby Craigee » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:47 pm

You notice not one of them mentioned anything about shrimps on barbies, i don't reckon they are Ausssies at all, they are just typing mumbo jumbo
Real men take flasks to skate!
Craigee
anorak alert

Postby greywolf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:56 pm

Craigee wrote:You notice not one of them mentioned anything about shrimps on barbies, i don't reckon they are Ausssies at all, they are just typing mumbo jumbo

:shock: :shock:
Are you trying to tell me that his real name might be :-

BillfromAfghanistan ???? :shock: :shock:
greywolf

Postby Nick F » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:03 pm

greywolf wrote:
Craigee wrote:You notice not one of them mentioned anything about shrimps on barbies, i don't reckon they are Ausssies at all, they are just typing mumbo jumbo

:shock: :shock:
Are you trying to tell me that his real name might be :-

BillfromAfghanistan ???? :shock: :shock:

Its been weeks since we had a rascist thread. Dont tell me Bill's a farckin taliban now for chrissakes. next you'll be saying hes a pikey :shock: :lol: %$ x-x
Nick F
anorak alert

Postby BillfromOz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:08 pm

for Chrisskake, 'shrimps on barbies' would be a buncha midgets going the missionary on impossibly long-legged plastic seppo shielas ...

it's prawns mate, same as here.
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby greywolf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:13 pm

:lol: :lol:
greywolf

Postby Andy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:17 pm

BillfromOz wrote:for Chrisskake, 'shrimps on barbies' would be a buncha midgets going the missionary on impossibly long-legged plastic seppo shielas ...

That passes for good family entertainment over ere
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Andy
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Plank » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:16 pm

Shrimp or Prawn?
There is often confusion regarding the difference between a shrimp and a prawn. Physically they look very similar but there is one sure way to tell them apart. In shrimps or carideans the side plate of the second segment of the abdomen overlaps the segments in front and behind. Prawns, most of which belong to the family Penaeidae of the group Dendrobranchiata, have all the abdominal side plates overlapping tile-like from the front. A more fundamental difference but one impossible to appreciate in a single specimen is that female prawns do not brood eggs but shed them into the currents where they develop independently. It would therefore make sense to call all member s of the Penaeidae "prawns" and members of the Caridean "shrimps" and this is what most Australians do. King prawns and banana prawns are names understood in this continent for penaeids sold frozen at the markets. The tiny shrimps bought in cans or froz en are imported carideans. Confusion arises when we hear Americans refer to prawns as "shrimp".
Plank
anorak alert

Postby greywolf » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:20 pm

Plank wrote:Shrimp or Prawn?
There is often confusion regarding the difference between a shrimp and a prawn. Physically they look very similar but there is one sure way to tell them apart. In shrimps or carideans the side plate of the second segment of the abdomen overlaps the segments in front and behind. Prawns, most of which belong to the family Penaeidae of the group Dendrobranchiata, have all the abdominal side plates overlapping tile-like from the front. A more fundamental difference but one impossible to appreciate in a single specimen is that female prawns do not brood eggs but shed them into the currents where they develop independently. It would therefore make sense to call all member s of the Penaeidae "prawns" and members of the Caridean "shrimps" and this is what most Australians do. King prawns and banana prawns are names understood in this continent for penaeids sold frozen at the markets. The tiny shrimps bought in cans or froz en are imported carideans. Confusion arises when we hear Americans refer to prawns as "shrimp".

Good grief Plank !!
Heal your bloody leg quickly then for Gods sake :arrow:
GET OUT MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:
greywolf

Postby BillfromOz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:44 pm

greywolf wrote:

Good grief Plank !!

Shrimp on the barbie" is an often-quoted phrase that originated in a series of television advertisements by the Australian Tourism Commission starring Paul Hogan from 1984 through to 1990. The actual quote spoken by Hogan is "I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you", and the actual slogan of the ad was "Come and say G'day". It has since been used, along with some variations, to make reference to Australia in popular culture.

The advertisement pre-dated Hogan's popularity in the 1986 film Crocodile Dundee and thus were not initially seen as celebrity advertisements, as he was unknown in the United States, although the film increased the commercial's popularity somewhat.

The advertisements were developed by the Australian agency Mojo in conjunction with American agency N.W. Ayer.

The campaign was launched during the National Football Conference Championship Game in January 1984. Before the campaign, Australia was approximately number 78 on the “most desired” vacation destination list for Americans, but became number 7 three months after the launch, and soon became number 1 or 2 on American’s “dream vacation” list, remaining in that position for most of the next two decades.

"Barbie" is Australian slang for barbecue and the phrase "slip a shrimp on the barbie", for Americans, often evokes images of a fun social gathering under the sun. Australians, however, invariably use the word prawn rather than shrimp. Because the commercial was commissioned for broadcast in the United States, the change was made to limit audience confusion.

(farken aussies don't put shrimps on barbies ya carnt - they're like midget farken prawns ya goose - but they might turn up in a bit of asian tucker every now and then)
BillfromOz
I like skateboarding

Postby Alec » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:05 pm

In my experience Oztraylians enjoy smashing croissants into a million little flaky crumbs inside my car
Alec

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:59 pm

I wish you could still go to Oz for ten bob.

I'd be over there like a shot.
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby greywolf » Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:26 pm

SNAKEBITE wrote:I wish you could still go to Oz for ten bob.

I'd be over there like a shot.

:idea:
I'm sure that if you promise not to return , everyone will chip in a few quid ! :twisted:
greywolf

Postby Andy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:57 pm

Used to be even cheaper then 10 bob....half inching a loaf of white sliced would have been enough.
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Andy
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Nick F » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:50 pm

BillfromOz wrote:
greywolf wrote:

Good grief Plank !!

Shrimp on the barbie" is an often-quoted phrase that originated in a series of television advertisements by the Australian Tourism Commission starring Paul Hogan from 1984 through to 1990. The actual quote spoken by Hogan is "I'll slip an extra shrimp on the barbie for you", and the actual slogan of the ad was "Come and say G'day". It has since been used, along with some variations, to make reference to Australia in popular culture.

The advertisement pre-dated Hogan's popularity in the 1986 film Crocodile Dundee and thus were not initially seen as celebrity advertisements, as he was unknown in the United States, although the film increased the commercial's popularity somewhat.

The advertisements were developed by the Australian agency Mojo in conjunction with American agency N.W. Ayer.

The campaign was launched during the National Football Conference Championship Game in January 1984. Before the campaign, Australia was approximately number 78 on the “most desired” vacation destination list for Americans, but became number 7 three months after the launch, and soon became number 1 or 2 on American’s “dream vacation” list, remaining in that position for most of the next two decades.

"Barbie" is Australian slang for barbecue and the phrase "slip a shrimp on the barbie", for Americans, often evokes images of a fun social gathering under the sun. Australians, however, invariably use the word prawn rather than shrimp. Because the commercial was commissioned for broadcast in the United States, the change was made to limit audience confusion.

(farken aussies don't put shrimps on barbies ya carnt - they're like midget farken prawns ya goose - but they might turn up in a bit of asian tucker every now and then)

I used to work with the guy that launched Fosters larger in the UK. What a farken carnt.
Nick F
anorak alert

Return to Photos