Unit1 2nd Jan 2011

Post your skate photos here.

Unit1 2nd Jan 2011

Postby Alec » Sun Jan 02, 2011 7:57 pm

A couple from today.

I was playing about with my new remote flash triggers and was having problems getting them dialled in. :roll:

andre wrote: the 8 is a different beast altogether. you won't be thinking about truck geometry when you're just trying not to get killed. :mrgreen:
Alec
No fingers left from posting .... what a

Unit1 2nd Jan 2011

Postby Dave H » Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:19 pm

Lovin carls face
Dave H
I need a LIFE!

Re: Unit1 2nd Jan 2011

Postby DKD » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:24 pm

looks like he's shat himself :-)
Dan
DKD
Super Geek

Postby Ian C » Mon Jan 03, 2011 6:24 pm

this for real ?
Stonehenge is the only clock you can see from space ..unless you have a clock in your spaceship
Ian C
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Nick F » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:38 pm

Ian C wrote:Image

this for real ?

I thought it said No Smoking

Great picture of Carlk though, Alec you are a star with the camera, nice one
"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah my foes and oh my friends, It gives a lovely light!"
Nick F
anorak alert

Postby TonyB » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:12 am

Alec - we are in 2011 now

The Answer to ALL bearing questions is Rockin Rons
What is the best soft wheel? Orange Rainskates Tsunami 85a duro (available in various sizes)
My Collection
TonyB
NERD!

Postby Cas Vegas Karl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:46 pm

Ian C wrote:Image

this for real ?

Surely that isnt real had there been a session on for little girls the day before and they forgot to take down the poster I have never sen anything so pathetic as the saying goes "Sh!t or get off the pot!"
If you didnt wear a fedora you weren't really there!
Cas Vegas Karl
SHOOT ME!

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:49 pm

It is for real, honest.
Is this where I am supposed to write something witty?
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby Dave the Bass » Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:57 pm

...and you have to say 'Thank You' when you finish your run.

Also, If you fall off during your run you have to say 'Pardon me' and sit on the naughty step to think about what you've done and how your actions have affected others around you and think about how the others now view you after your likkle outburst. Only then (and if the others forgive you) will you be allowed to enter the skate arena again.

We are quite Gnarrrrrrr down here BTW :lol:

DTB
... a soul untroubled by malice... and a head uncluttered by brain...
Dave the Bass

Postby 163mph » Tue Jan 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Well I guess that's a.) saved me a drive to check the place out and, b.) savd all the fuckin homo's from a good slap (and snake) as I'm not going.

If you want to enjoy a proper skate and snake session, come down to our unit (19)
Don't fall off and you won't get hurt..!!!
163mph
I like skateboarding

Postby DKD » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:16 pm

when there's two or three people that spend as much time skating as the rest of the people there combined it's a bit fucking much

I learnt to snake many years ago when I was a kid and I'd like to think I've grown out of it (I'll quite happily follow suit if that's the only way I'll get a go and everyone's doing it)

I'm not saying everyone has to have 'a turn' in a particular order but if you're taking the piss and dropping in every other run and other people who aren't as comfortable just dropping in in front of other people (or are just too polite) aren't getting to skate then in all fairness you can fuck right off

oh and if people who don't snake are 'fucking homo's you'd give a good slap' you can fuck off as well
Dan
DKD
Super Geek

Postby Cas Vegas Karl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:35 pm

DKD wrote:when there's two or three people that spend as much time skating as the rest of the people there combined it's a bit fucking much

I learnt to snake many years ago when I was a kid and I'd like to think I've grown out of it (I'll quite happily follow suit if that's the only way I'll get a go and everyone's doing it)

I'm not saying everyone has to have 'a turn' in a particular order but if you're taking the piss and dropping in every other run and other people who aren't as comfortable just dropping in in front of other people (or are just too polite) aren't getting to skate then in all fairness you can fuck right off

oh and if people who don't snake are 'fucking homo's you'd give a good slap' you can fuck off as well

OOOOOOOOOH! may be if you put your handbags down you would be more comfortable dropping in! :lol:
Bunch of Southern Jessies.

Wouldn't last 5minutes down tut pit.
Cas Vegas Karl
SHOOT ME!

Postby engmofo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 3:44 pm

163mph wrote:Well I guess that's a.) saved me a drive to check the place out and, b.) savd all the fuckin homo's from a good slap (and snake) as I'm not going.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember kids Jeffery Dahmer says "Tattoo's taste great"
engmofo
SHOOT ME!

Postby DKD » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:11 pm

Cas Vegas Karl wrote: OOOOOOOOOH! may be if you put your handbags down you would be more comfortable dropping in! :lol:

1. - I've not got a handbag (I've a rather fetching satchel though, does that count) and I'm perfectly happy dropping in tvm (and as said will happily snake when necessary)
2. - I know you are, you said you are but what am I?
3. - I've no intention of going anywhere near tut pit, after all I live darn sarf for fucks sake. Don't like getting my hands all mucky

ner ner ne ner ner
Dan
DKD
Super Geek

Postby greywolf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:14 pm

DKD wrote:
Cas Vegas Karl wrote: OOOOOOOOOH! may be if you put your handbags down you would be more comfortable dropping in! :lol:

1. - I've not got a handbag (I've a rather fetching satchel though, does that count) and I'm perfectly happy dropping in tvm (and as said will happily snake when necessary)
3. - I've no intention of going anywhere near tut pit, after all I live darn sarf for fucks sake. Don't like getting my hands all mucky

ner ner ne ner ner

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Go Dan ! Go Dan !
greywolf

Postby DINO » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:29 pm

Cas Vegas Karl wrote:Wouldn't last 5minutes down tut pit.

i hear this is quite popular oop norf...

DINO
I need a LIFE!

Postby Ian C » Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:45 pm

DINO wrote:
Cas Vegas Karl wrote:Wouldn't last 5minutes down tut pit.

i hear this is quite popular oop norf...

:lol: where can I subscribe ? Tbh, when I clocked the no snaking warning I thought maybe it was aimed at the scooter crews ! They can be quite a raucous lot at times :lol:
Stonehenge is the only clock you can see from space ..unless you have a clock in your spaceship
Ian C
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby bigwavedave » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:10 pm

I actually quite enjoy a snake session.

I don't however enjoy Unit 1.

Cas Vegas Karl wrote:

Those that matter dont mind, those that mind dont matter.

http://www.spbsa.co.uk
bigwavedave
I need a LIFE!

Postby Nick F » Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:59 pm

This is fucking brill b~
"My candle burns at both ends; It will not last the night; But ah my foes and oh my friends, It gives a lovely light!"
Nick F
anorak alert

Postby Cas Vegas Karl » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:21 pm

DKD wrote:

ner ner ne ner ner

Bye eck lad yer far to clever for me with yer fancy southern banter is a satchel a special kinda bag fo carryin ya lambrini and menthol ciggys in.
It was prbabbly some clever southern type wat invented writing and that just so's that thee could put up poncy notices about not skatin all rowdie an that.

any ways up I am off down the pit so you southern softies can have hot water and electricalicity or what ever you call it my computer is powered from the gas from ferret droppings like.
If done see ya throu week aill see ya throut tut windee!
Cas Vegas Karl
SHOOT ME!

Postby 163mph » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:18 pm

DKD wrote:when there's two or three people that spend as much time skating as the rest of the people there combined it's a bit fucking much

Maybe I'm just proper old school, when I learnt to skate in the early 80's, and a session was on, you had to man up, grow a pair and drop in. I learnt to skate vert, bowls and miniramps with the old SSP crew, The original PIG city vert crew, Farnbrough, Chingford, etc, these were hectic sessions and brought out the best in everyone.

I'm not talking about dropping in on people in the middle of there run, but watching who was skating, finding a spot on the platform and dropping in, having your run, no one cared if you were good or a grommet (Which at 10 years old I was) If you wanted a quiet session to learn some tricks you made the time to get one and then sessiond your new tricks, seems like some of the raw punk, "skateness" has been lost in time, with the polite niceness taking the lead.

There is a time and place for a session, and when it happens if your not man enough for it, sit back and enjoy the skate, but dont bitch about it, and defo don't put up fucking signs about out, how, "unskate" is a sign that contains, "DO NOT"
Don't fall off and you won't get hurt..!!!
163mph
I like skateboarding

Postby greywolf » Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Cas Vegas Karl wrote:
DKD wrote:

ner ner ne ner ner

Bye eck lad yer far to clever for me with yer fancy southern banter is a satchel a special kinda bag fo carryin ya lambrini and menthol ciggys in.
It was prbabbly some clever southern type wat invented writing and that just so's that thee could put up poncy notices about not skatin all rowdie an that.

any ways up I am off down the pit so you southern softies can have hot water and electricalicity or what ever you call it my computer is powered from the gas from ferret droppings like.
If done see ya throu week aill see ya throut tut windee!

:lol: :lol:
You haven't got a pub where you live called " The slaughtered lamb " have you ?
greywolf

Postby DKD » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:37 pm

I learnt to skate in the mid - late 80's and it was the same. You dropped in when you could or you stood and watched

Then again, my dad learnt to drive in the 60's, and you coud drink and drive/not wear seatbelts blah blah blah. You just went out, got pissed manned the fuck up and drove the fuck home.

I think the raw punkness has gone out of driving these days with all the drink driving campaigns and fines for not wearing your seatbelts :roll: :roll:

You are totally bang on though, there is a time and place for a 'session' like which you describe. Just so happens that the Sunday morning Unit 1 sessions aren't it. Both types of 'sessions' can be fucking rad, just when there are people there who aren't as punk/core/old school to just drop in when they see a spilt second gap it just plain ruins it for them. Why the fuck should they have to sit back and enjoy watching other people skate when they've clearly paid their money to actually skate themselves?

I don't go to these Sunday sessions by the way, too busy at home darning the kids socks, flower arranging, making scatter cushion covers etc (actually that's not far from the truth :roll: )

I'm done contributing now, getting far too much like forum beef (is that what the kids call it these days) and I'm far too old for that shit (plus I've seen a pic of you and you're much bigger than I am 8) )
Dan
DKD
Super Geek

Postby Nathan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:45 am

I dont actually know why anyone gets bothered about this. There has been a sign saying 'No Waxing' there for years and no c*nt takes any notice of it or enforces it - why should this make any [email protected] difference!
Nathan
Geek

Postby TonyB » Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:07 am

Nathan wrote:I dont actually know why anyone gets bothered about this. There has been a sign saying 'No Waxing' there for years and no c*nt takes any notice of it or enforces it - why should this make any [email protected] difference!

The sign is pathetic and shouldn't be there......Simple as that.

The Answer to ALL bearing questions is Rockin Rons
What is the best soft wheel? Orange Rainskates Tsunami 85a duro (available in various sizes)
My Collection
TonyB
NERD!

Postby engmofo » Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:28 am

163mph wrote:
Maybe I'm just proper old school, when I learnt to skate in the early 80's, and a session was on, you had to man up, grow a pair and drop in. I learnt to skate vert, bowls and miniramps with the old SSP crew, The original PIG city vert crew, Farnbrough, Chingford, etc, these were hectic sessions and brought out the best in everyone.

Apart from Trawler :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Remember kids Jeffery Dahmer says "Tattoo's taste great"
engmofo
SHOOT ME!

Postby DKD » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:03 am

Nathan wrote:I dont actually know why anyone gets bothered about this. There has been a sign saying 'No Waxing' there for years and no c*nt takes any notice of it or enforces it - why should this make any [email protected] difference!

spot on
Dan
DKD
Super Geek

Postby DKD » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:03 am

spot on
Dan
DKD
Super Geek

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:21 am

Even if I don't drop in I can hold my own. A big fat bald bloke jumping in the bowl is normally a big enough obstacle to stop people!

I can see the fun in a snake session as long as everyone wants to play, the moment you have different levels you will get accidents or people feeling excluded.
That might happen in real life but this is skating and I do that to get away from real life!
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby Nathan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:32 am

If we all get touchy about snaking in skating, we may as well take up surfing and start smashing up the cars of new visitors to 'our' beach!

I too remember the days of crouch end, chingford, stevenage, latimer road and kings cross when we used to travel up to 3 hours to skate a vert ramp, and if you didn't get confident and snake then you would get f*ck all runs all day long. Those situations arose when we lost the big skateparks and were all forced into vert and mini ramps where it was one person at a time.

Personally I have never had any anger issues with snakers - If I want a go, I will get a go but I can see why some people get initimidated. Also ,when we were younger and had a head on with another, we were all about 8 stone - nowadays, with all that extra bulk it becomes a bit more serious I suppose.

Funny how a bit of paper that someone wrote in a minute or so can create such discussion and debate.
Nathan
Geek

Postby DKD » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:20 pm

we are all a bunch of MAS debaters here Nathan :D
Dan
DKD
Super Geek

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:57 pm

I think it also reflects on the change in customers.

When we were kids I didn't dream of any pay to play venues!
Nowadays it's treated like a creche, and mummy and daddy get a bit upset when little Johnny is snaked by a big beardy old man and so make a complaint!
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby Max » Thu Jan 13, 2011 9:27 pm

The sign was there from the day before, novice kids trying to have a go, but not getting a look in and complaining to the management.

Nothing more or nothing less.

IT'S EASY TO BE A KEYBOARD KILLER WHEN THE ONLY THING YOUR PUNCHING IS THE EXCLAMATION MARK!
Max
skate skate skate

Return to Photos