Llandudno Skatepark 1988

Post your skate photos here.

Llandudno Skatepark 1988

Postby JohnnyLeeds » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:51 pm

Here are a couple of pics of the 'Morley Hardcore' skate crew on tour in Llandudno circa 1988. We travelled there on a 'Roys of Morley' organised coach trip from Morley, near Leeds. 90% of the other folks on the coach were over 75 years old, but these old biddies always sorted us out with sarnies, cups of hot tea, elastoplasts and aspirin when we met back up at the coach bleeding and starvin! I believe the Llandudno skatepark as seen here is now long gone?

Anyway them was the days...
Have a good time all the time!
JohnnyLeeds
skate skate skate

Re: Llandudno Skatepark 1988

Postby Chris W » Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 pm

I skated there when I lived in Bangor around '89/'90. Don't remember the graffiti. Would be great on a longboard these days.
Chris W
I need a LIFE!

Postby Rob G » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:48 pm

Went on a mission there once in about '89 with a load of mates from Stoke - the bowl was lots of fun but the weird mini with one side higher than the other was, well, weird. Good times though.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
Rob G
Geek

Postby JohnnyLeeds » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:51 pm

yep it was definately covered with graffiti, I cant remember there was any mini ramp there tho, and we were the only skaters there which I can remember was disappointing cos we wanted to find out if Welsh skaters skated in Welsh. It was a weird bowl for a skatepark in that it was really just a big wide hole with concreted sides, they were more banked sides tho and it wasnt really the sort of bowl you could pull and tricks in. It was just good for carving around. There was no coping - or lip even, just a smooth concrete roll in from the edge into a fairly flat bottomed centre. I havent been able to find any other pictures of the place - probably because it was pretty unremarkable.
JohnnyLeeds
skate skate skate

Postby nywhterag » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:26 pm

i went there way back, probably `77 or `78. hitched there from bangor with my sister happy days tick-tacking away i think it must be where they built the theatre
nywhterag
smell of grip tape

Postby JohnnyLeeds » Tue Feb 22, 2011 11:36 pm

All I can remember is that it was quite close to the sea front, you could see some mountains in the distance and there was a B+Q over the road. I dont think we even saw anything else of Llandudno other than this old bowl. I havent ever been there since. Apparently there was also another 70's concrete park nearby at Rhyl, did anyone ever skate there, if so what was it like?
JohnnyLeeds
skate skate skate

Postby i dare you » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:47 pm

i absolutely fucking loved that place.

and rhyll.

fucking loved em both.
i dare you
anorak alert

Return to Photos