Did you skate today?

Get it off yer chest here - this is the place for all general shredder chat

Re: Did you skate today?

Postby Jory » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:09 am

Nice mark and undertime ur always ripping! I stole those sebu no complies off ur clip this week. Perfect quirky low impact stuff!

Been skating but not posting or filming. This is 6 weeks old

https://vimeo.com/343830761

Will try and post more again soon!
Jory
skate skate skate

Postby Plan9Customs » Sat Aug 24, 2019 6:55 am

@undertime you just keep killing it! @Mark_81 rad nose slide! @Jory you got some great stuff on that curb! No video but I finally figured out how to slappy crooked. First one I tried I got into and wasn't expecting to or much less grind a few feet. Ended on my ass on that one. Landed only one before it got to dark. No video but I do have a witness.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Brian S » Mon Aug 26, 2019 11:43 am

Yes at Micklefield, two other skaters & 2 from the Roller Girl Gang, had the place to ourselves up to when I left, was hot stuff! :D :D
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Mark_81 » Tue Aug 27, 2019 1:13 pm

Tripod out again! This has been a mental battle for a while - super stoked to win the battle this morning.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B1qqJXIBuk0 ... 70yyxjjye8

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Instagram grey_ham_81
Mark_81
I got new wheels

Postby GarethV » Mon Sep 02, 2019 3:50 pm

yes and yesterday too.

Should be going tomorrow and Wednesday evening as well. :D
Skaters gonna Skate
GarethV
Super Geek

Postby undertime » Wed Sep 04, 2019 3:22 pm

Excellent work Mark... I'm more than familiar with those mental battles!

Thanks for the props gents. Been skating pretty regularly, although not for the past couple of days as I've done myself some kind of mischief in the back department. Fingers crossed it'll feck off asap

Had a good spin on my Natas Panther the other day though (thanks for the musical inspiration @Ben) - https://www.instagram.com/p/B1yNHAUjvxL/

And stoked to get this - https://www.instagram.com/p/B1yE_eOo0m0/

Roll on fellas (and any ladies out there!)

Cheers
More of the same old shit over at Instagram @undertime74
undertime
Super Geek

Postby Jory » Thu Sep 05, 2019 4:13 pm

http://vimeo.com/358087474

[vimeo]http://vimeo.com/358087474[/vimeo]

Little lunchtime video with some stuff I’ve learnt over the summer.

The switch frontside no comply and the no comply tail are specially for undertime!
Jory
skate skate skate

Postby Plan9Customs » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:49 am

Congrats @ Mark_81 mental battles are great when they're won(and hell when not)! @undertime rad as always! Some really nice skating @Jory!
Not much since Haven filmed much of anything. Still working on getting slappy crookeds more than 1 in 30 or so, learned back slappy to push(on top of the curb), fakie 180 powerslide push, and shove it to shifty.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Plan9Customs » Tue Sep 17, 2019 3:51 am

BTW @Jory tips on no comply to tail on trans? I cant wrap my head around those at all.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Jory » Fri Sep 20, 2019 9:55 pm

Ummm, they’re not as hard as they look and pretty low impact to try. Some tips...

-Learn flatground fs180 one’s first

Turn your shoulders less than on flatground

Stay mostly in the ramp

- you hardly pop them, you’Re almost sliding the wheels into place
Jory
skate skate skate

Postby Fen » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:43 am

Not been skating for a while but last night there was a great turn out at Ramp1 in Warrington for a bowl session.
Fen
SHOOT ME!

Postby Fen » Thu Oct 17, 2019 8:47 pm

Yep. Twice, Projekts in Manchester then on to Birchwood in Warrington. First dry concrete for a while!
Fen
SHOOT ME!

Postby Brian S » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:54 pm

A cold, but dry & sunny roll around Micklefield this morning! :D
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Plan9Customs » Wed Apr 22, 2020 4:27 am

Nothing exciting really but a few slippy slides(finally landed the boardslide shove it but camera died so dont have video proof yet) on the new slappy curb:

and some bails from the before times:

I can actually do everything in that just have a phone that only has enough time from a full charge for 2 minutes tops before the battery dies. :roll:
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Plan9Customs » Sat Apr 25, 2020 5:18 am

Learned a new one yesterday.

Got them consistent and cleaner today.
You guys need to start posting something or I'll just start flood posting my crap! I know it sucks to film and people aren't going to parks but no need to not skate. Make your own spot. Carpet skate. Roll on the street and do flat or hit a curb or curb cut. Parks aren't necessary to skate. Break free of the stagnant prison camps that are public skateparks!
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Fen » Sun Apr 26, 2020 8:10 pm

Got them consistent and cleaner today.
You guys need to start posting something or I'll just start flood posting my crap! I know it sucks to film and people aren't going to parks but no need to not skate. Make your own spot. Carpet skate. Roll on the street and do flat or hit a curb or curb cut. Parks aren't necessary to skate. Break free of the stagnant prison camps that are public skateparks![/quote]

Nice work on the boardslides.
I am skating a lot on a car park near my house. Working on learning a lot of flatland tricks that I have never really bothered with cos I usually just carve round in bowls. I could post up videos but it still looks a bit shit. When I have a few tricks in the bag I will do.
Fen
SHOOT ME!

Postby GoR64 » Mon Apr 27, 2020 10:07 am

Didn't get the line together before getting hurt.

https://vimeo.com/412125472
Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby justin » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:26 pm

Yep , just a bit of long boarding for my daily exercise. Good to be be back on a board.
Skateboarding is back!!
justin
nothing better to do

Postby Fen » Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:42 pm

GoR64 wrote:Didn't get the line together before getting hurt.

https://vimeo.com/412125472

How is your wrist?
Fen
SHOOT ME!

Postby GoR64 » Tue Apr 28, 2020 9:23 pm

Fucked :)

No it's OK really, I think since I've been skating less the injuries seem to take more of a toll. I don't think it's broken but swelled right up so I'm on the old co-codamol now, more as a passtime than for any real benefit.
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby Plan9Customs » Fri May 01, 2020 2:05 am

Looking forward to seeing some or at least reading about it Fen. GoR64 that line was rad! Sorry about the wrist and mend up quick. I'm sure you're already icing and heating it but if not get on it. Justin anytime on board is better than not as you know. Skated nothing new or exciting still need to move the curb out by the pool so I can get more than 1 push. Cant get a slappy on it going that slow. Just enjoying the boardslides for now.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby GoR64 » Sun May 03, 2020 11:11 pm

Plan9Customs wrote: GoR64 that line was rad! Sorry about the wrist and mend up quick. I'm sure you're already icing and heating it but if not get on it. Justin anytime on board is better than not as you know.

Thanks man, it's kinda healing up now, in the meantime I've started filming more, with a view to start editing tomorrow. As you may know, all of us in the UK are super jealous of having indoor space to build curbs and such, that's like a dream scenario tbh, I don't know why our land is so overpriced. Still, I respect the effort going into making forms and ramps, I know these things don't magically appear.

So yeah, super dope to see. Please post vids with that Jersey Barrier/Vert, that's cool as fuck.
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby clay_bs7 » Fri May 15, 2020 8:20 am

Ya back at it - been 2 days in a row behind the ASDA here as skateparks are closed
clay_bs7
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Plan9Customs » Sat May 16, 2020 2:43 am

GoR64 wrote:
Plan9Customs wrote: GoR64 that line was rad! Sorry about the wrist and mend up quick. I'm sure you're already icing and heating it but if not get on it. Justin anytime on board is better than not as you know.

Thanks man, it's kinda healing up now, in the meantime I've started filming more, with a view to start editing tomorrow. As you may know, all of us in the UK are super jealous of having indoor space to build curbs and such, that's like a dream scenario tbh, I don't know why our land is so overpriced. Still, I respect the effort going into making forms and ramps, I know these things don't magically appear.

So yeah, super dope to see. Please post vids with that Jersey Barrier/Vert, that's cool as fuck.

As soon as I can actually land something on it I will. Scratching and dropping in don't count. Been skating the mini when its dry enough and trying to just relearn everything.
@clay_bs7 Glad to hear you're out and rolling. What you working learning or doing? curbs, flat, cruising, freestyle? I know filming can suck so I understand if you don't, but lets hear whats going on, please.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby clay_bs7 » Sat May 16, 2020 3:55 pm

Plan9Customs wrote:
GoR64 wrote:

As soon as I can actually land something on it I will. Scratching and dropping in don't count. Been skating the mini when its dry enough and trying to just relearn everything.
@clay_bs7 Glad to hear you're out and rolling. What you working learning or doing? curbs, flat, cruising, freestyle? I know filming can suck so I understand if you don't, but lets hear whats going on, please.

Hey man! Just working on getting my rolling ollies down. Never been any good but actually working on it now and making progress. I'll link a short video I took, albeit embarrassing haha. Thing is, this is the best I've ever gotten besides just rolling around.

*edit - i linked a couple vids from the previous day but managed to get out this evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WLsmlq9obU

Not very high but smoothest rolling ollie I've ever pulled off..
clay_bs7
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Plan9Customs » Wed May 27, 2020 2:43 am

clay_bs7 wrote:
Plan9Customs wrote:
GoR64 wrote:

Hey man! Just working on getting my rolling ollies down. Never been any good but actually working on it now and making progress. I'll link a short video I took, albeit embarrassing haha. Thing is, this is the best I've ever gotten besides just rolling around.

*edit - i linked a couple vids from the previous day but managed to get out this evening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1WLsmlq9obU

Not very high but smoothest rolling ollie I've ever pulled off..

Got some decent height on those @clay_bs7! Keep it up.
Stay at home garbage to contribute:

I have ventured out a couple times to the school curbs to try and get my legs back. Rusty as hell but still fun and still alone.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby clay_bs7 » Thu May 28, 2020 8:27 am

Dude you're killin it - really cool setup at home too! Soon your dog is gonna be bustin out some tricks haha
clay_bs7
What mid life crisis ?

Postby JimBin » Wed Jun 10, 2020 8:01 pm

Hi clay_bs7, cool ollie. Really nice float/shape to it.
Plan9, you're still killing it, brilliant stuff!
Lovenskate 8.5, Venture v Lights 5.8, Rockin Rons, Muckefuck 53mm
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Thu Jun 11, 2020 3:46 am

Thanks. learned a new slide the other day. same as a f/s no comply but dont pop just slide it around with 4 down. Theyre stupid and fun. An yes I did just at home since its to hot right now.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby GarethV » Tue Jun 16, 2020 10:35 pm

Went to Palace last Saturday. It was epic. What a pool [SMILING FACE WITH HEART-SHAPED EYES]

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Skaters gonna Skate
GarethV
Super Geek

Postby doowyrag » Fri Jul 03, 2020 10:16 am

Hello MAS.

Trying to help get this place lively again so playing catch up.

I haven't posted anything this year (July already?? :shock: ) but have got a few bits I can show and tell.

In the meantime, here is a preview..

Cheers all!
doowyrag
Super Geek

Postby irishlostboy » Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:54 pm

Great intro Doowyrag. Haha.
I was randomly asked to review a carver style board for a Chinese distributor of these things. They are fun enough, but too slow for me to actually buy one, but I tried to be nice and accommodating. If anyone wants to experience the Chinese version of YouTube, here you go.
https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV1Uk4y1z7RB
irishlostboy
I got new wheels

Postby Mike9000 » Sat Jul 11, 2020 1:03 pm

Took my daughter skating Today. Once we worked out if she was goofy or regular, she learnt to push which was good. I learnt that I’ve unlearnt everything, including how to balance, during my time off :lol:
Mike9000
Bigger Geek

Postby irishlostboy » Mon Jul 13, 2020 4:03 pm

I skated saturday and sunday. Flatground with a slight slope which I pretend is a hill. Haha. Skating the new enormous board is a serious leg workout. I just cruise around doing carves, powerslides, and ollies. Today is monday, and my leg muscles have ache deep in their cores. I hope this means I will get a bit stronger. The past year has not been a good one for my fitness.
irishlostboy
I got new wheels

Postby Glenouille » Fri Jul 17, 2020 3:27 pm

Back on the board! Skated yesterday for the first time in 5 weeks. No injuries this time, rusty but feeling good!
Did some pop shove-it for shuvitcancer day as I missed it (if I remember correctly I was actually physically able to skate on 10th July but it rained like crazy up north)
Got my first 50/50 noliie shuv out and nearly landed crooked tre shuv out - both on the round rail. I was pretty happy with that, considering I had been away from it for a good while! Oh and I tried to fside shuv over the rail, to keep the game running in the other section... It's not happening, going to have to review my expectations! :lol:
I think it'll have to over a board or something pretty small to start with! The pop is there, the timing is not, I just don't get it at all. Probably need some decent speed. Scary scary!!! :lol:
Glenouille
I got new wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Sun Jul 19, 2020 3:49 am

@doowyrag your edits are always rad. Thanks for posting it.
@Glenouille Glad to hear your back skating again. Those rib injuries suck! Looking forward to seeing some clips if/when you can.
*Not sure if it was your ribs for some reason I recall reading that somewhere? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Corey » Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:26 pm

@doowyrag: Watched all your lockdown vids. Loved em! ~..
Corey
nothing better to do

Postby Glenouille » Wed Jul 22, 2020 2:53 pm

Plan9Customs wrote:@Glenouille Glad to hear your back skating again. Those rib injuries suck! Looking forward to seeing some clips if/when you can.
*Not sure if it was your ribs for some reason I recall reading that somewhere? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks buddy! Back on it for sure! And yes, it was the ribs, inspired by a few ollies over a rail in normal stance I thought I would be able to ollie over it switch. Never ollied over anything switch before. You can guess what happened! Made a good vid though :lol: (Rib bruiser vid)

This week has been a bit of a milestone!
highlight of Monday was fside pop shuv to nose stall on a ledge. OK I did not go over it as requested in the Skate or Try 2019 but I am getting close! :lol:
Monday's sesh
highlight of Tuesday was heelflip to nose stall... who would have thought... :shock:
Tuesday's Sesh
Highlight of today was bside crooked to 360 shuv out on the ledge (in the rain! :lol: )
Today's sesh
Glenouille
I got new wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:37 am

As always rad stuff @Glenouille
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby irishlostboy » Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:45 pm

I am skating twice a week these days. Just flatground cruising usually. Ollies, powerslides, burts, carving etc. Today my girl picked me up from the bus station of her home city on her mom's e-bike. Basically a 50cc style scooter with an electric motor. So I skitched along behind her for about 5 km back to her place. The new tankboard I am riding is great for that. I am using 66mm orangatang wheels on it now. They go over everything. Good job. My spitfires would have killed me trying that.
irishlostboy
I got new wheels

Postby irishlostboy » Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:57 am

I was up in the mountains outside of Ningbo, China doing some downhill yesterday. I was fully padded and slow as hell, keeping my speed down so I wouldn't crash and die. It was scary and fun.
irishlostboy
I got new wheels

Previous

Return to Soap Box