How much?!?!?!?!!!

Where all the shit ends up ...

How much?!?!?!?!!!

Postby fftc » Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:46 pm

Looking at getting some new home insurance and trying to work out what contents cover we need, so I totalled up my skateboard spend since I resumed last September! :shock: :shock: :shock:

WTF!

:lol:
Do what you want to.
fftc
I skateboard

Re: How much?!?!?!?!!!

Postby pete » Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:33 pm

haha guessing you've bought more than me then! reckon i've spent about £100 on a couple of decks and a set of wheels since september (neither of which i've skated yet!)
pete
nothing better to do

Postby TonyB » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:15 pm

Whatever your figure is, its nothing compared to what I have spent over 12 years. I don't sell stuff 100+ boards in my collection. I did insist that my broker make sure I had cover for the Collection.

If you want to know how much cover you need go round your house/flat room by room and give a value to everything on a NEW basis (i.e. if you had to go and buy it today). Contents cover includes carpets and curtains as well as any of your possessions that can be removed without the need to use tools. Don't be tempted to under insure your possessions just to save a few quid on the premium. The difference in premium between the correct value and what you think you might get away with is likely to be fairly small.

If you are wondering how I know this I am an Insurance Claims Assessor - I don't actually sell insurance but I regularly meet clients who are not properly insured and then they lose out when they have to claim, so you are better off being slightly over insured in my opinion. Use an insurance broker to get your policy don't buy it on-line there are too many pitfalls that you won't find out about unless you read and fully understand the terms of cover and claims conditions. There is nothing worse than paying a premium for the policy not to pay out properly when you need it to.

This was a public service announcement for all of you - I hope it helps

The Answer to ALL bearing questions is Rockin Rons
What is the best soft wheel? Orange Rainskates Tsunami 85a duro (available in various sizes)
My Collection
TonyB
NERD!

Postby reckless toboggan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:15 pm

Excellent info about insuring your stuff. Thanks for that. I haven't checked or updated my policy in over a decade, but I have gotten a lot more stuff in that decade. Time to do a proper estimate and call in.

TonyB wrote:I don't sell stuff 100+ boards in my collection.

Also, I'm showing this to my wife.

"See honey, lots of people have hundreds of skateboards. Me adding one more to the collection isn't so bad." :)
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby HarryR » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:09 pm

reckless toboggan wrote:Also, I'm showing this to my wife.

"See honey, lots of people have hundreds of skateboards. Me adding one more to the collection isn't so bad." :)

This from "The rules" ;-) :

viewtopic.php?t=31911

Rule #8 // The correct number of boards to own is n+1.
While the minimum number of boards one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of boards currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of boards owned that would result in separation from your partner. If n >= s then see rule 5.
Rose-tinted view of the days of our youth; we stood the test of time.
HarryR
anorak alert

Postby reckless toboggan » Tue Jun 19, 2018 8:49 pm

HarryR wrote:Rule #8 // The correct number of boards to own is n+1.
While the minimum number of boards one should own is three, the correct number is n+1, where n is the number of boards currently owned. This equation may also be re-written as s-1, where s is the number of boards owned that would result in separation from your partner. If n >= s then see rule 5.

Excellent!

"See honey, it's science!"
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Return to Shit Corner