Let's fix politics! (the unpopular thread)

Where all the shit ends up ...

Let's fix politics! (the unpopular thread)

Postby GoR64 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 5:49 pm

I've been too busy to post much on here lately, or even skate tbh (more gym stuff and riding a lot since you asked) but I occasionally pop on, just to see who's about and what's occurring.

In the interest of alleviating my current boredom, I thought I'd start a political thread! Just to throw some wasps into the tin of worms on the bonfire, so to speak.

My proposition is that we should start a political party, and the first step in doing so would be to decide on policies; I don't mean of the "ban scooters from bowls" variety, I mean actual current issues that we can fix using our intelligence, experience and ideologies. Since we're all on the same side, this should be easy, right?

Your proposals will be put into action with immediate effect, so please bear in mind that everything you say here has very real consequences.
Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Re: Let's fix politics! (the unpopular thread)

Postby Plan9Customs » Sun Sep 09, 2018 10:16 pm

Hell yeah lets do this!
We can be the renegade party. Winner takes all, whoever wins gets to decide all political enactments until the next election.
Rules to vote: renegade a beer do a kickflip(stationary or moving your call). Rebuttable is the same, repeat until there is only one standing and landing. I'll even offer one more option. For those who dont drink, you can take a bong rip, from a bong no less than 24" tall with a 2" opening, and do heelflips, Last standing and landing rule applies.
Dont drink? Dont Smoke? Cant Kickflip? Cant Heelflip? Learn them or your voice will not matter! Dont vote your voice isnt heard.

b~ ..-
Oh and whoever looses, No bitching if the politics enacted by the winner are against your beliefs!
Politics are simple!
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby GoR64 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 11:58 pm

GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby GoR64 » Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:18 am

So, it seems our first 'member' has immediately imposed rules for voting! Of course this legislation can be overturned just as easily as it was appointed, in the meantime, it seems every citizen must learn to skate, kick/heelflip and chug a beer/rip a bong.

For this rule to be changed, as the law governs in our sceptered isle, one must first meet the stated requirements. As and when this happens, I'm sure we'll move into the similarly pressing issues of economy, immigration and welfare.
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby Corey » Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:06 pm

GoR64 wrote:So, it seems our first 'member' has immediately imposed rules for voting! Of course this legislation can be overturned just as easily as it was appointed, in the meantime, it seems every citizen must learn to skate, kick/heelflip and chug a beer/rip a bong.

For this rule to be changed, as the law governs in our sceptered isle, one must first meet the stated requirements. As and when this happens, I'm sure we'll move into the similarly pressing issues of economy, immigration and welfare.

I oppose this. I demand that all citizens rip beers and chug bongwater instead.
Corey
nothing better to do

Postby Corey » Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:32 pm

I broke the thread. Oops. Sorry?
Corey
nothing better to do

Postby Plan9Customs » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:21 am

Paragraph 5C
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Scissorhands » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:20 am

Move to Iceland
Scissorhands
skate skate skate

Postby Mr J » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:27 am

GoR64 wrote:... Since we're all on the same side, this should be easy, right?

... .

We are all here on this forum so on the same side, but I think we will need factions.

We need a left faction (sustainable deck manufacturing etc), a right faction (to impose discriminatory laws such as those humans owning a dog, must either have a dog that tolerates skateboards or have it on a leash - I am personally not amused by dogs that go nuts at the sound/sight of me rolling along footpaths, it breaks my concentration on the very serious and dangerous activity of skateboarding).

Instead of a centre faction a silly faction seems to be needed - to accomodate those who request compulsory kick flipping and bong water chugging.
4'th incarnation, age 58
Mr J
anorak alert

Postby Mr J » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:37 am

GoR64 wrote:I've been too busy to post much on here lately, or even skate tbh (more gym stuff and riding a lot since you asked) but I occasionally pop on, just to see who's about and what's occurring...

I do core strength exercise with one of those big inflatable balls - helps popping to the feet surfing and protects the back - short board surfing in middle age can be a back wrecker unless the core is solid. I'm skating 2-3 times a week. Skated twice today. I do plan to get some footage of myself trying to ollie for your expert analysis. Almost got to the skatepark this morning - skated to the tram stop - a challenging skate for me with a really really low curb to negotiate, divots in the pavement and uneven paving slabs, then found I had misplaced my public transport card. So I skated back to the public (not skate) park opposite where I live and satiated my desire to skate there. Daylight is starting earlier now, so should be able to film some footage shortly.
4'th incarnation, age 58
Mr J
anorak alert

Postby Plan9Customs » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:00 am

Scissorhands wrote:Move to Iceland

gerðu kickflip! ..-
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Scissorhands » Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:02 pm

Half you lot will be down the road for coke and bitches,, quicker than you can say 'No more private ministerial skateparks'
The other half will never leave the front of the telly or get the blanket off your knees
Scissorhands
skate skate skate

Postby Brian S » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:05 pm

Unfortunately can't be arsed is where most people are, very few willing to do feck all, willing to be led by self serving idiots who care not for anyone other than themselves & their ever growing bank balances, fleecing anyone they can get away with, were doomed I tell ya! :D :) :lol: :lol:
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Plan9Customs » Wed Aug 14, 2019 4:13 am

Scissorhands wrote:Half you lot will be down the road for COKES and CURBS,, quicker than you can say 'No more private ministerial skateparks'
The other half will never leave the front of the telly or get the blanket off your knees

BTW Fuck skateparks. Make your own. Dont rely on handouts from others to skate!
Oh. Just a heads up @ Scissorhands, you need to do a kick flip to have a say in the politics in this thread. Its Actricle 1 subsection 2.
So.....Do A Kickflip! b~
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Scissorhands » Wed Aug 14, 2019 10:31 am

Feck its like the heckling on Parliament TV innit? b~
Scissorhands
skate skate skate

Return to Shit Corner