Whats your NEXT ride?

ITS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SALE/PRICE FORUM JUST A PLACE TO HELP OTHERS OUT WITH DETAILS OF PRODUCTS

Re: Whats your NEXT ride?

Postby undertime » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:31 pm

I've always fancied a Tired but never quite got round to it. I skate between 9.75 and 10 boards usually James and use Theeve 6.5s - they'd fit this like a dream.

Anyway, great deck - enjoy!
More of the same old shit over at Instagram @undertime74
undertime
Super Geek

Postby JamesTheDude » Sun Oct 21, 2018 12:11 am

Thanks man. Had two sessions on it now. I really like the bigger size and it’s not too heavy. Just bought some Thunder 151s as the back truck width is 8.7.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JamesTheDude
skate skate skate

Postby JimBin » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:03 pm

Looks great, JamesTheDude. Love the tired decks and love their vids.
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby Swede Goblin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:43 pm

Haven't posted here in a long time..
These are my rides.

From left to right:

Prime Heritage, World Industries - Mike Vallely - Elephant On The Edge, reissue
Prime Heritage, World Industries - Jef Hartsel - Globes, reissue
Santa Cruz - Erick Winkowski - Primeval, preissue
Prime Heritage - Chad Muska - Boombox, reissue

gripjob_1.jpg
Click image for larger view
Last edited by Swede Goblin on Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Old Bastards Malmö
It's not about being the best, it's about having fun and eventually being better than you were yesterday.
Swede Goblin
I skateboard

Postby Swede Goblin » Tue Nov 20, 2018 4:53 pm

fftc wrote:New set-up for me to try just for kicks.
Got goaded into buying a Flight Deck so ordered that. Then spotted that Spitfire released a new wheel for Kader Sylla, the interesting bit being it's a 58mm radial, so when Native offered a flash 20% off sale I couldn't resist. Tensors I had anyway. It's a disease, I tell thee!

Oh, that color matching is just brilliant!!
Old Bastards Malmö
It's not about being the best, it's about having fun and eventually being better than you were yesterday.
Swede Goblin
I skateboard

Postby reckless toboggan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:41 am

Swede Goblin wrote:Haven't posted here in a long time..
These are my rides.

From left to right:

Prime Heritage, World Industries - Mike Vallely - Elephant On The Edge, reissue
Prime Heritage, World Industries - Jef Hartsel - Globes, reissue
Santa Cruz - Erick Winkowski - Primeval, preissue
Prime Heritage - Chad Muska - Boombox, reissue

gripjob_1.jpg
Damn that Winkowski is such an ill shape.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby Swede Goblin » Wed Nov 21, 2018 5:58 pm

reckless toboggan wrote:Damn that Winkowski is such an ill shape.

It’s a beast!

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Old Bastards Malmö
Swede Goblin
I skateboard

Postby reckless toboggan » Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:48 pm

Swede Goblin wrote:
reckless toboggan wrote:Damn that Winkowski is such an ill shape.

It’s a beast!

Not to bother you, but could you post a side profile pic, so I can see the concave and the steepness of the nose and tail?

If it's too much of a pain in the ass, no worries.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Whats your NEXT ride?

Postby Swede Goblin » Sun Nov 25, 2018 11:45 am

reckless toboggan wrote:Not to bother you, but could you post a side profile pic, so I can see the concave and the steepness of the nose and tail?

If it's too much of a pain in the ass, no worries.

Off course, only glad to help!

Difficult to catch the complex concave with my phone camera. But here’s a couple of photos. Notice, the deck looks extremely flat in these photos, it's not that flat in real life. It’s got the “Cruz Missile 2” concave. It’s medium concave with a double bend tail. There’s a barely noticeable rocker 4-5 inches behind the front truck. The rocker makes the board turn like crazy, even with Indy 169's which I have on mine.

Google Cruz Missile 2 and you’ll find tons of info on the concave.

https://vandemlongboardshop.co.uk/blogs ... -2-concave

ImageImageImageImage

Old Bastards Malmö
Swede Goblin
I skateboard

Postby darthpunk » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:30 pm

Always wanted to ask, what's Santa Cruz wood like? I only only had a mates Rod Roskopp to go by from about 89 and it seemed quite soft (although it was a little thrashed) It looks pretty good from that last photo
darthpunk
I skateboard

Postby reckless toboggan » Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Damn that does look good!

Thanks for the pics and for the link too. Really good explanation.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby Kamaki » Thu Nov 29, 2018 7:15 pm

Brian S wrote:Something for the weekend Sir!! ;-)

Zombie Skates Bat deck Black 9" , Film Trucks, 58mm Spitfire F4 Comical Fulls Lance Mountain (Used), VXB ceramics

I am quite intrigued by Film trucks.
In some photos the hangars look like Tensor alloys (budget truck) and in others they don't. I am wondering if they are Tensor alloys in disguise? ! Baseplate is clearly different though! There is a link there with dwindle already.
I definitely think the likes route one and rollersnakes print their logo on Tensor Alloys.

Sent from my SM-G800F using Tapatalk
I've come to enjoy the art of falling.
Kamaki
nothing better to do

Postby JimBin » Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:47 pm

Just set up a new deck, Sovrn 8.25. Replacing a mini-logo 8.25. Seems like a different shape and might take a few sessions to get used to. Keeping the same under carriage (ace 44s, fast skateboard wheels and rons rockets).

JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby reckless toboggan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:39 am

JimBin wrote:Just set up a new deck, Sovrn 8.25. Replacing a mini-logo 8.25. Seems like a different shape and might take a few sessions to get used to. Keeping the same under carriage (ace 44s, fast skateboard wheels and rons rockets).

Looking forward to a review of the deck. Always dig the Sovrn graphics.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby fftc » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:40 am

You got your moneys worth out of that Mini-Logo Jim!
fftc
I skateboard

Postby Swede Goblin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:14 pm

darthpunk wrote:Always wanted to ask, what's Santa Cruz wood like? I only only had a mates Rod Roskopp to go by from about 89 and it seemed quite soft (although it was a little thrashed) It looks pretty good from that last photo

It’s definitely not as stiff as the Prime decks I have. But I wouldn’t call it soft.

Old Bastards Malmö
Swede Goblin
I skateboard

Postby Swede Goblin » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:17 pm

Powerflex wheels. Gumballs 56mm 83B on the Street Plant. RockCandy 58mm 84B on the World Industries. Really high quality wheels, made in the USA. RockCandys are extremely hard and rolls forever!

Image Image

Old Bastards Malmö
Swede Goblin
I skateboard

Postby JimBin » Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:26 pm

reckless toboggan, the sovern has a good graphic alright. In europe, they are made in HLC so are of a good quality. Not sure where they pressed on the other side of the atlantic. In my gentle roll arounds so far, it seems like a nice deck. I'm coming from a really flat tail, so it is taking a bit to get used to the steeper tail, although its not very steep.

fttc, it lasted a while. I think i set it up around the start of july. When i have a set up, i get an inertia, and just want to keep skating it. It feels like too much effort to change things until i really have to.

Swede Goblin, nice set-ups, very interesting wheels .
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby reckless toboggan » Tue Dec 18, 2018 2:23 am

JimBin wrote:reckless toboggan, the sovern has a good graphic alright. In europe, they are made in HLC so are of a good quality. Not sure where they pressed on the other side of the atlantic. In my gentle roll arounds so far, it seems like a nice deck. I'm coming from a really flat tail, so it is taking a bit to get used to the steeper tail, although its not very steep.

fttc, it lasted a while. I think i set it up around the start of july. When i have a set up, i get an inertia, and just want to keep skating it. It feels like too much effort to change things until i really have to.

Good review thanks!

When I was younger, all I skated were skinny, flatcave, low nose and tail boards.

These days I've found I really like boards with a medium concave and a steeper nose and tail.

Habitat de Keyzer and PlanB Joslin are current favs.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby Kamaki » Tue Dec 18, 2018 8:35 am

JimBin wrote:reckless toboggan, the sovern has a good graphic alright. In europe, they are made in HLC so are of a good quality. Not sure where they pressed on the other side of the atlantic. In my gentle roll arounds so far, it seems like a nice deck. I'm coming from a really flat tail, so it is taking a bit to get used to the steeper tail, although its not very steep.

Are Sovrn PS Stix for the US?

Kamaki
nothing better to do

Postby doowyrag » Sat Dec 22, 2018 10:47 am

I've been wanting to try one of their boards and I'm a fan of Lucy Adams work so I picked up Lovenskate's first LA pro model (in an 8.25) from my local SOS recently.

Feels nice from the get go (and if I could post some emoji thumbs ups here I would).

Cheers all!!
doowyrag
Super Geek

Postby Kamaki » Sat Dec 22, 2018 12:04 pm

doowyrag wrote:I've been wanting to try one of their boards and I'm a fan of Lucy Adams work so I picked up Lovenskate's first LA pro model (in an 8.25) from my local SOS recently.

Feels nice from the get go (and if I could post some emoji thumbs ups here I would).

Cheers all!!
They are very nice shapes. All come with the same wheelbase too other than a shaped deck. I believe they are pennswood too.

Kamaki
nothing better to do

Postby reckless toboggan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:23 pm

doowyrag wrote:I've been wanting to try one of their boards and I'm a fan of Lucy Adams work so I picked up Lovenskate's first LA pro model (in an 8.25) from my local SOS recently.

Cheers all!!
That is such cool artwork!
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby reckless toboggan » Sat Dec 22, 2018 6:24 pm

Anybody got to try the new formula of Bones STF 99a "Easy Street" wheels yet?
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby doowyrag » Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:37 pm

Kamaki wrote:[They are very nice shapes. All come with the same wheelbase too other than a shaped deck. I believe they are pennswood too.

Cheers for the info Kamaki - the Woodshop Directory 2018 Thread on SLAP seems to confirm this. I've not heard of the other companies listed under Pennswood, let alone tried them, so I can't compare.

reckless toboggan wrote:That is such cool artwork!

It's another of those almost too pretty to skate boards.

Cheers gents!
doowyrag
Super Geek

Postby Fumanchu2 » Mon Dec 24, 2018 11:13 pm

Black Label Auby Taylor 10x31
Santa Cruz Slime Ball Vomits 58mm 97a
Indy 169s

ImageIMG_20181208_094920_630 by David Kruse, on Flickr
Fumanchu2
skate skate skate

Postby JimBin » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:06 pm

Lovely deck Fumanchu2. Hope it rides well.
Doowyrag, interested in how this skates. https://www.thepalomino.com claims pennswood as the best wood. I think the palomino warehouse and lovenskate are neighbours.
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby Jory » Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:12 pm

Sort of xmas complete....

Polar 92 Dane Brady, streetplant rail, thunder 151's and 56mm 97a slimeballs. Really liking it so far. Shape is similar to the streetplant modern elephant but the tail is a little shorter and rounder which works better for me for more tech tricks. Wheels are ace, fast and slide well enough! Much more reassuring grip on slippy Masonite than my old 101a ones without sacrificing much as far as I can tell!
Attachments
polar.jpg
Jory
skate skate skate

Postby undertime » Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:27 pm

Looks great Jory. I've never quite figured out the one rail business - do you normally do this or is it a new thing?

And glad the Slime Balls are finding favour. I love em! Such a good combination of grip and speed. Don't use anything else at the moment. Anyway, enjoy!
undertime
Super Geek

Postby Jory » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:13 pm

Yeah I usually use one rail!

It’s a compromise. No rails give a less stable slide because of the deck concave and you need a nice waxed ledge or slippy coping for a long slide. Two rails gives stable slide and is great on a unwaxed or sticky ledge or rusty coping but is a bit too sketchy on anything waxed and on metal coping that’s been waxed. One rail is a hedge. Controllable on a waxed slide, better slide on an unwaxed surface and stabilises the board on the concave a little.

Make sense? My two main spots, one has rusty metal coping, the other is super slippy and is often waxed metal! One rail is the best compromise for both!

Having a rail helps get into feebles I think too!
Jory
skate skate skate

Postby Brian S » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:27 pm

DTS Dogtown Jesse Martinez (sparkly blue :-) ), Gullwing Shadow DLX 9" with Bones softs, Spitfire F4 58mm Coinical Fulls Lance Mountain wheels

Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby fftc » Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 am

Loving the Polar and the DogTown.
Also the fact that a really old company and a really new company are both producing similarly shaped boards nowadays. Vive la choice!
fftc
I skateboard

Postby undertime » Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:11 pm

Just bought this - https://thankyousupply.com/collections/ ... t-r7-multi - but not delivered yet.

Very possibly my first ever deck with wheel wells. Is that what I've been missing all these years?
undertime
Super Geek

Postby Corey » Thu Apr 04, 2019 8:51 am

dekc.jpg

I gave my son my old Alien Workshop 8" because I didn´t like 8" boards, which of course led to me buying a new 8" board. This is custom built for 0.22 km/h flatground skating. 8)
Corey
nothing better to do

Postby reckless toboggan » Sat Apr 06, 2019 4:40 pm

I guess, with the site on its way out, this might be one of the last setups I get to post.

I haven't set up the deck yet, as I still have a few that I'm going through before I get to it, but I got my first ever Alien Workshop deck.

It's an 8.25 x 32 with a 14.25 WB. It's got a deep tub concave and a steep and generous nose and tail, with a very slightly blunted/squared shape to the nose, which is something I really liked about the Habitat DeKeysers I've been riding.

It's this graphic:

I have some thunder 149s and some 51mm Bones with astronaut kittens in space graphics, because what goes together better than aliens and astronaut kittens in space.

I also got this one, same 8.25 x 32 x 14.25, same concave and steep nose and tail, but different graphic:

I have some theeves and some 52mm Bones with galaxy kittens in space graphics, because what goes together better than aliens and galaxy kittens in space.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby reckless toboggan » Sun Apr 07, 2019 11:21 pm

Decided to set it up early in honour of MAS.

Went with some Dutch Wheel Co. (local wheels out of Edmonton) instead of the Bones. Because what goes together better than aliens and a giant 52mm skateboard wheel eating Dutch oven monster.ImageImage

Ha! And I even got the deck graphic wrong in my previous post.

Apparently my memory isn't what it used to be.

Old age is a bitch.

Love you all, you beautiful MAS-holes.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby wavesnwheels » Thu May 09, 2019 2:02 pm

Hope you get to use that soon reckless toboggan.

Set this up last night as a do it all / street cruiser, hoped to try it today but it's been hammering it down all morning.

Element feather deck, indy 129's & 60mm Kryps.

wavesnwheels
I skateboard

Postby undertime » Thu May 09, 2019 2:19 pm

Nice ride, lovely colour coordination young man.

You in danger of wheelbite there you think (they be some monster wheels)?

Hope you get to try it out soon.

Just set this up. Can't fookin wait to try it out...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxKIX0BFvxp/
undertime
Super Geek

Postby wavesnwheels » Thu May 09, 2019 4:31 pm

undertime wrote:Nice ride, lovely colour coordination young man.

You in danger of wheelbite there you think (they be some monster wheels)?

Hope you get to try it out soon.

Just set this up. Can't fookin wait to try it out...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BxKIX0BFvxp/

Thanks UT. I've got a blue set of kryps coming, they should match too. Sad I know.

On the carpet it looked like I may be ok on the wheelbite front. The indys are stage 9 and never turned that well. I am going to put some bones black bushings in and have a play around with the washers so will add some risers.

That Madness board is great shape, not surprised you can't fookin wait..
wavesnwheels
I skateboard

Postby Plan9Customs » Fri May 10, 2019 3:03 am

Some nice looking boards guys!
the 2 I'm on now:
The Winsor tribute deck is the 3rd incarnation of that old blank. I cant cut it down anymore since its now 6.5 x 27. Its staying what it is finally!
Drawing and painting the graphics took about 2 days.

*AGAIN it logged me out and this time double posted some pictures and left some out :?
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Fen » Fri May 10, 2019 8:33 am

wavesnwheels wrote:Hope you get to use that soon reckless toboggan.

Set this up last night as a do it all / street cruiser, hoped to try it today but it's been hammering it down all morning.

Where did ya get your 60mm green Kryps? Can't seem to find that size in green anywhere.
Fen
SHOOT ME!

Postby wavesnwheels » Fri May 10, 2019 9:54 am

My kids got them for me last Christmas. A lot of the Kryps are now sold out, a reliable source tells me the Star-Tracs were made under a three year license deal which has now expired so they may not be produced again. I wish I'd got some mellow yellows.
wavesnwheels
I skateboard

Postby Fen » Fri May 10, 2019 10:41 am

Oh right. Damn,I should have stocked up! Cheers
Fen
SHOOT ME!

Postby reckless toboggan » Mon May 13, 2019 4:12 am

wavesnwheels wrote:Hope you get to use that soon reckless toboggan.

Seriously dope. Always wanted to try cryptos.

Here's my version of that setup:
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby wavesnwheels » Mon May 13, 2019 11:22 am

Nice setup reckless, what duro wheels are they. When your not buried under snow does the board get used much compared to your other setups?

Now mines a bit more sorted it goes anywhere, makes me feel 8 again with a big grin on me mush :-) Much to the amusement of my wife. To get the trucks turning properly I filed the flashing out of the hanger king pin hole and replaced the bushings with the only conicals I had (indy 92a) which are actually spot on (edit: after a quick lunchtime sesh I think I'll swap the conicals for cylinders) and 1/4" risers with some stupidly long bolts.

wavesnwheels
I skateboard

Postby SidcupSlam » Mon May 13, 2019 6:36 pm

Seeking some advice. I’ve always skated Thunder trucks but yesterday I got talking to some dude about his Ace trucks. I took his board for a spin and was really supervised at how well they grinded on the metal coping. Before I go out a buy a pair, are there any cons/weaknesses especially compared to Thunders I should be aware of ?
SidcupSlam
I skateboard

Postby Corey » Mon May 13, 2019 7:42 pm

SidcupSlam wrote:Seeking some advice. I’ve always skated Thunder trucks but yesterday I got talking to some dude about his Ace trucks. I took his board for a spin and was really supervised at how well they grinded on the metal coping. Before I go out a buy a pair, are there any cons/weaknesses especially compared to Thunders I should be aware of ?

I´ve skated Aces a while. I haven´t had any surprises. The differences are pretty much what you feel when you try ´em for a couple of minutes imho. More surfy/turny, solid feeling and a bit heavier. Might be worth noting that, to me at least, the skinnier Aces felt surprisingly much more turny/unstable than wider ones. I went from a board with 55s to a a skinnier board with 44s and the difference struck me as much more noticable than between Indy 159/149 or Thunder 151/149. Really like Aces, but haven´t been skating mine lately for some odd reason.
Corey
nothing better to do

Postby SidcupSlam » Mon May 13, 2019 8:19 pm

Cheers Corey. Attributes like turny and surfy are ticking my boxes. Looks like I’m off shopping this weekend!
SidcupSlam
I skateboard

Postby reckless toboggan » Tue May 14, 2019 2:27 pm

wavesnwheels wrote:Nice setup reckless, what duro wheels are they. When your not buried under snow does the board get used much compared to your other setups?

Unfortunately the wheels are a pretty sticky 78a if I recall correctly, but man are they smoooooth for pushing around. They do not slide at all. I'd like something slightly harder for less hangups on grinds anda bit more slidey.

This setup is for a few scenarios:
When I know I'm going to be pushing around a lot.

When I know I'm going to be on shit rough ground.

When I don't know what I'll encounter, but it's likely to involve crusty bowls that aren't really bowls or janky ditches and cruising around.

It's a rough and crusty all terrain machine, kind of like MikeV himself. :)
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby wavesnwheels » Fri May 17, 2019 10:14 am

reckless toboggan wrote:
wavesnwheels wrote:Nice setup reckless, what duro wheels are they. When your not buried under snow does the board get used much compared to your other setups?

Unfortunately the wheels are a pretty sticky 78a if I recall correctly, but man are they smoooooth for pushing around. They do not slide at all. I'd like something slightly harder for less hangups on grinds anda bit more slidey.

This setup is for a few scenarios:
When I know I'm going to be pushing around a lot.

When I know I'm going to be on shit rough ground.

When I don't know what I'll encounter, but it's likely to involve crusty bowls that aren't really bowls or janky ditches and cruising around.

It's a rough and crusty all terrain machine, kind of like MikeV himself. :)

Lol.
That's pretty much what I was going for. Where I live you can be on a perfectly smooth bit of tarmac and then it goes into bumpy arse shit. The bumpy arse shit is the norm though. Haven't found any ditches yet but always looking out, we do have ditches but they are just dug straight in the ground with no crete.

Hope the snow clears soon for ya!
wavesnwheels
I skateboard

Postby reckless toboggan » Sun May 19, 2019 8:23 pm

wavesnwheels wrote:
Hope the snow clears soon for ya!

Your hopes worked!

No more snow!

It has been raining for 3 days straight...but I'll take it.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby reckless toboggan » Mon May 20, 2019 3:25 pm

And today.....

SUN!

Glorious Sun!
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby undertime » Mon May 20, 2019 5:21 pm

reckless toboggan wrote:And today.....

SUN!

Glorious Sun!

Hope you got to enjoy it!

The weather there seems even worse than here... :shock:
undertime
Super Geek

Postby Plan9Customs » Tue May 21, 2019 3:28 am

When the current is dead, more of the same.
Depending on vet bill costs I may be getting a pig for the one after. If I'm not broke I'll post it when I get it.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Previous

Return to Gear Sluts