Best clear griptape?

ITS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SALE/PRICE FORUM JUST A PLACE TO HELP OTHERS OUT WITH DETAILS OF PRODUCTS

Best clear griptape?

Postby Alec » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:11 pm

I've never been a fan of clear griptape to be honest but I have a deck that has a great top print on that I want to set up and ride.
Most clear griptape isn't in my experience that clear and shows the dirt, any one used any that they can recommend?
andre wrote: the 8 is a different beast altogether. you won't be thinking about truck geometry when you're just trying not to get killed. :mrgreen:
Alec
No fingers left from posting .... what a

Re: Best clear griptape?

Postby Plan9Customs » Sat Nov 21, 2020 11:25 pm

Just going on regular grip since I haven’t used clear grip since 84, mob is a way coarser grit than jessup so bigger grit less image distinction. All clear grip will have some cloudiness to it since it has grit and adhesive. As for dirt, use an old toothbrush and a little water to scrub it off when you can’t stand it anymore. Blot it dry with a rag. Clean grip. I’d say just go into your local skate shop and compare them in person since bigger grit more blur, smaller grit less blur. Easier to see than in a picture or through someone’s words.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Alec » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:49 pm

Thanks, guess I hadn't thought about the size of the grit being a factor.
A bit difficult to compare in a shop these days in the UK, all non essential shops are closed due to the lockdown.
andre wrote: the 8 is a different beast altogether. you won't be thinking about truck geometry when you're just trying not to get killed. :mrgreen:
Alec

Postby TonyB » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:11 pm

Jessop do clear grip as do Mob, can't say which is better but its available in the wider width's that you'll want for the Flores

The Answer to ALL bearing questions is Rockin Rons
What is the best soft wheel? Orange Rainskates Tsunami 85a duro (available in various sizes)
My Collection
TonyB
NERD!

Postby Plan9Customs » Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:03 am

Yeah I forgot that your country has more brains than mine. We just let shit run rampant and then wonder why no countries will let Americans in. :roll:
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Alec » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:55 pm

TonyB wrote:Jessop do clear grip as do Mob, can't say which is better but its available in the wider width's that you'll want for the Flores

It's my plan B for the Flores, well deduced Tony :wink:
Alec

Return to Gear Sluts