slappy's

slappy's

Postby captain_4eyes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:34 pm

I have been trying slappy's this morning but only my front truck locks on. Willy grind? I am not going super fast....more medium speed. Could this be the problem?
captain_4eyes
What mid life crisis ?

Re: slappy's

Postby GoR64 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 6:44 pm

I think for me it's just a case of leaning back, getting your foot in the pocket and getting that nice arc into it... I'm not great at them but still fucking love them, I grew up on a curb so you've just sent me on a youtube slappy watching binge :P

You can find tutorials anywhere no doubt, but without using the time machine here are some recent-ish videos

Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby captain_4eyes » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks dude! Maybe it will work out next session.... :D
captain_4eyes
What mid life crisis ?

Postby GoR64 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:37 pm

Get yourself obsessing over them and you'll have it in a week ;)

Oh and loose trucks if you can, not so much you get wheelbite but enough so you can make a sharp turn without shitting the panties.
Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby reckless toboggan » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:06 am

Yup. Just like GoR64 said.

1.5 to 2 solid pushes for speed, and loose trucks (board burn but not wheel bite), foot in pocket, arc into it.

I also find I have way more confidence it will lock into the curb when I'm using more of a square cut wheel.
reckless toboggan
I got new wheels

Postby ron » Wed Mar 08, 2017 1:50 pm

In all the 39 years I've been skateboarding, I've learned one universal truth. The more forward momentum you have, the better.

ie, Faster is better. It's way easier to do tricks fast.

I see loads of street kids hopping and flapping, flipping and flopping as the barely roll along, and I just want to shout, "Go faster! Get some speed! Give the board some momentum!" But I fear I would be seen as a ranting old man and gain a dodgy reputation. So I keep quiet and let them discover it for themselves. :roll:
ron
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Shogun » Tue Apr 11, 2017 5:29 pm

Man I'm hitting them 50 now its def a speed problem for me. I find when I go faster its much much easier. For some reason I prefer to get up along side it and step over into a board slide instead of charging it. Well I guess I just feel more comfortable doing it that way I mean.
Shogun
What mid life crisis ?

Return to How To - Street Tricks