How to Ollie

How to Ollie

Postby Shaun.L » Sun Jan 26, 2014 6:56 pm

I'm not really one for street skating stuff I'd much rather trundle round a bowl but as the weather is so crap thought I might try to learn to Ollie in my lean too ( probably the only piece of dry concrete I've seen in months)
Any advice// tips ????????
I've tried before but it seems so unnatural to me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shaun.L
I skateboard

Re: How to Ollie

Postby PIGDOG » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:44 pm

I'm sure someone here will correct my method and I'm only just thinking about jumping on a board after a few years away.
I held onto something while I did this stationary, position your back foot on the tail, front foot well behind the front tuck bolts, slam the tail down while making yourself light on the board (kind of like jumping) and bring your front foot up the deck eventually leveling out. Sorry if I'm just stating the obvious.
I seem to remember watching this
PIGDOG
skate skate skate

Postby flash » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:48 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3Q4NTn1 ... ata_player
This should help great tutorial ,and good teacher
flash

Postby Martin-d » Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:40 pm

I'd go with flash's suggestion. Aaron Kyro has some great tutorials. He actually has another video just on how to ollie without the curb. I also downloaded his basics video. Only cost me £6 and well worth it. He has so many support videos and guides to different tricks broken down so even a simpleton like me can understand. A guy well worth supporting.
Martin-d
nothing better to do

Postby popspurnell » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:48 am

After watching lots of tips, my mate really advocates holing onto a fence or something (hip to chest height) while trying it.
after four or five goes this way i could ollie on the flat while rolling.
popspurnell
I skateboard

Postby flash » Mon Jan 27, 2014 12:30 pm

popspurnell wrote:After watching lots of tips, my mate really advocates holing onto a fence or something (hip to chest height) while trying it.

Brilliant, chuffed for ya, what a result lads b~ good stuff, and fair play for 4,5 hours that's commitment for ya :D
flash

Postby popspurnell » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:36 pm

flash wrote:
popspurnell wrote:After watching lots of tips, my mate really advocates holing onto a fence or something (hip to chest height) while trying it.

Brilliant, chuffed for ya, what a result lads b~ good stuff, and fair play for 4,5 hours that's commitment for ya :D

Cheers mate - i should add, i'd been trying to pop them for about a week without success. holding on to something allowed me to really see what was happening with my feet.
i'll admit, i thought my front foor was sliding straight but it wasn't even close, kinda halfway between straight and kickflip.

might not work for all but worth a try!
popspurnell
I skateboard

Postby Skinnychris » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:29 pm

I try holding on sometimes but, still can't get them down, just need more practice i think, lol

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
Growing old is inevitable.....growing up is optional
Skinnychris
I got new wheels

Postby Kuell » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:54 pm

thanks for the links, I asked my eight yr old what tricks she wants to learn once she gets better control of the board and she said to jump in the air with the board. So it looks like these are going to come in useful as I'll have to do it the same time. Not that I'm competitive or anything ;)
Kuell
I skateboard

Postby popspurnell » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:08 pm

Kuell wrote:thanks for the links, I asked my eight yr old what tricks she wants to learn once she gets better control of the board and she said to jump in the air with the board. So it looks like these are going to come in useful as I'll have to do it the same time. Not that I'm competitive or anything ;)

Get practice in now mate, she'll probably pick it up quicker than you will so get all the advantage you can!!!
(damned kids!)
popspurnell
I skateboard

Postby DanCuda17 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:34 pm

started trying Ollies last night, needless to say i'm struggling does the front foot slide always feel so un natrual??
DanCuda17
What mid life crisis ?

Postby irishlostboy » Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:41 pm

DanCuda17 wrote:started trying Ollies last night, needless to say i'm struggling does the front foot slide always feel so un natrual??

No. After a while it becomes a new instinct. Loads of practice holding on to things. Door frames were my favourite, as you get to keep your weight centered over your board more. Literally, do it daily.
irishlostboy
I got new wheels

Postby DanCuda17 » Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:47 pm

thanks for the pointer! i'll keep trying it then!
DanCuda17
What mid life crisis ?

Return to How To - Street Tricks