No comply 180

No comply 180

Postby Trout01 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:41 pm

Hello, the past few days I have been trying to master the no comply 180 . I manage to scoop the board around but when landing the trick my back foot is always on the ground and have to place it on the board any tips gratefully received :D ..-
Trout01
skate skate skate

Re: No comply 180

Postby GarethV » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Surely you mean your front foot?

Your back foot stays with the board through the whole trick.

Sounds like your not jumping with the board (fully committing to it).

You have to just hop where you expect the board to be before it gets there and catch it. Sounds like you are waiting to see where the board will end up before committing which by that time you are too late as your foot is back on the ground.

Edit: It may be easier to get your head round if you travel alongside a curb . Pop the board round 180 and jump on above the curb ( effectively on the pavement).

Don't do a Gonz though find a quiet road to ride in especially if you are goofy like me

It looks 8) too
Skaters gonna Skate
GarethV
Super Geek

Postby GarethV » Wed Feb 26, 2014 2:12 pm

P.s I'm the opposite when I get the scoop action right I always land them its the scoop i'm not consistent at. Makes me want to find a car park now and try some!
Skaters gonna Skate
GarethV
Super Geek

Postby Trout01 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:19 pm

Thanks for reply, when is scoop the board with back foot on tail front foot is on the ground as a normal shove it . When the board comes off the ground as do my feet and when board comes round and I land my front foot is only on the board. Whilst practicing just now the deck ends up slightly away from me so I maybe need to move forward to compensate this? Nothing beats practice and as mentioned commitment 8) ~..
Trout01
skate skate skate

Postby GarethV » Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:53 pm

No problem

It is hard explaining about hopping where you are expecting to land.

Check out braille he gives top trick tips

watch this enough times and practice, you'll have in no time :D

(I shall do the same!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_WtntKtYLY
Skaters gonna Skate
GarethV
Super Geek

Postby Trout01 » Wed Feb 26, 2014 10:17 pm

Thank you so much for advice. I checked out Braille tutoriel and it was not long before i realised i have not been going through the right motions. Seeing this on the video has made it a lot clearer as i was not turning my body i was staying in the same stance as when begining the trick,( i hope this is making sense?) hence why my back foot was being left behind as my back foot was waiting for the board to come back round to starting position and by that time my foot was finding terra firma. I just hope tommorow will be dry and sunny like today so can practice :)
Trout01
skate skate skate

Postby Rob G » Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:05 pm

Such a cool trick. For some weird reason, I've only ever been able to do these switch (and I barely know what switch means!)
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
Rob G
Geek

Postby Ash P » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:50 am

I love no complys, BS ones are an even bigger head fuck

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk
Mongo crew member
Ash P
Geek

Postby GarethV » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:04 am

Backside silky!

sent from my dog shit budget samsung mobile
Skaters gonna Skate
GarethV
Super Geek

Postby j roach » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:35 pm

Trying to get these down at the moment as well and having the same issue, my standing foot stays rooted to the floor, annoying 'cos I'm getting the scoop pretty consistently just need to commit to jumping on.

The trick is definitely seems to be shaping as if you're going to carve 180 front side before sliding the front foot off, so weight goes heel side on the tail foot which then brings the scoop round nicely and has your body in the right position to land it. Not actually tried em switch yet, but assuming it's perhaps easier since you're landing it in regular stance, so it feels more comfortable... going to go out now and try ..-

Can only dream about backside ones, looking very good there.
j roach
nothing better to do

Postby Mike9000 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:58 am

I can't do these for shit. Tried for 1/2 hour a few months back and just can't get my front foot off :oops: :evil:
Mike9000
Bigger Geek

Postby j roach » Thu May 01, 2014 4:06 pm

Mike9000 wrote:I can't do these for shit. Tried for 1/2 hour a few months back and just can't get my front foot off :oops: :evil:

Took me a bit, found if I just stepped off then the tail popped before my front foot was comfortably planted and it went pear shaped, normally with me nearly falling on my arse.

Got round it by setting up with my back foot firmly on the tail, weight on ball of foot (so toe side, right of deck since I'm regular), then I slide my front foot over so only my toes are on the deck, sort of just about on the left bolts of front truck. Then shape as if you're going to carve front side and your front foot can just slide off onto the ground, board should pop as your other foot plants and then you can pivot on it.

Spent a while getting used to standing like this, keeping board flat and level, then sliding my front foot off. Starts as as very small movement, then can move it in closer to your normal stance and slide off in one fluid motion, as per the Braille vid.

Hope that made sense :?
j roach
nothing better to do

Postby Mike9000 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:30 pm

j roach wrote:
Mike9000 wrote:I can't do these for shit. Tried for 1/2 hour a few months back and just can't get my front foot off :oops: :evil:

Took me a bit, found if I just stepped off then the tail popped before my front foot was comfortably planted and it went pear shaped, normally with me nearly falling on my arse.

Got round it by setting up with my back foot firmly on the tail, weight on ball of foot (so toe side, right of deck since I'm regular), then I slide my front foot over so only my toes are on the deck, sort of just about on the left bolts of front truck. Then shape as if you're going to carve front side and your front foot can just slide off onto the ground, board should pop as your other foot plants and then you can pivot on it.

Spent a while getting used to standing like this, keeping board flat and level, then sliding my front foot off. Starts as as very small movement, then can move it in closer to your normal stance and slide off in one fluid motion, as per the Braille vid.

Hope that made sense :?

Yeah, it does thanks. I might put in some concentrated time to get these learnt. It annoys me that I can't do them :lol:
Mike9000
Bigger Geek

Postby j roach » Mon May 12, 2014 2:18 pm

Nice one. Still can't do the fucking things, got the pop and scoop pretty good but my stupid back foot doesn't want to play ball (not my fault obviously :roll: ). Abandoned them for a little bit to focus on other stuff cos was getting annoying, shall give them some more time soon. Ho hum, strange that when women used to tell me I had commitment issues I'd just shrug, but when my skateboard tells me that (yes, we talk) it hits hard :|
j roach
nothing better to do

Postby NBender1978 » Fri May 30, 2014 2:14 pm

Good to know I am not alone bc that is my exact problem is committing to jump with my left food after the 180 is popped. Time to fall for a bit
NBender1978
I'm too scared to post more

Postby richard phillips » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:22 pm

MR RAY BARBIES favourite the good old "43" or 180 no-comply, the secrete to these is timing and foot placing also look at you FRONT FOOT!! once you can pop them straight and get back on every time, the next step is to LOOK at your front foot and pop whilst turning your shoulders 45-degrees. if you are doing this right the board will pop/turn 180 at a steep angle, if not try turning your head so your chin is touching your pivot foot shoulder :idea:. slightly angle your back foot so your using the inside of your shoe but ALWAYS focus on your FRONT FOOT, your shoulder and head position are the most important things to remember :shock:. hopefully soon you will be like RAY BARBIE and pulling every variation going 8) 8) 8) 8)
richard phillips
I got new wheels

Postby balefulstare » Tue Sep 22, 2015 2:45 am

Getting closer to having these dialed up, sort of landed one today! (with a little front foot hop, heh!) I can now do the scoop pretty consistently and the pop as well but when I try to do it while moving most of the time the board rockets up through my legs, a couple times almost hitting my jaw! :shock: Needless to say I got plenty of pop, now how do you do less?
I get more motivated by the phrase “Fuck it” than any other motivational phrase
balefulstare
I like skateboarding

Postby richard phillips » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:15 pm

balefulstare wrote:Getting closer to having these dialed up, sort of landed one today! (with a little front foot hop, heh!) I can now do the scoop pretty consistently and the pop as well but when I try to do it while moving most of the time the board rockets up through my legs, a couple times almost hitting my jaw! :shock: Needless to say I got plenty of pop, now how do you do less?

place your back foot more towards the base of the tail with 43s/180 on-complies, minimal pressure/pop and loads of upper body turn is the main aim :wink:. once your getting them under control just adjust your back foot and fine tune it until perfect, keep trying and remember less is more whilst humming that MC-RAD tune off of public domain 8) 8) 8) 8)
richard phillips
I got new wheels

Postby Unciano » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:29 pm

As above really, you don't need much pressure on the tail as it will flick up by itself once you step off the front. Yeah foot placement helps, I try to just have my back toes on the heel-side of the tail and aim for a wide sweep of the tail away from your body to bring it round 180.

Keep going with the practice, once it all clicks into place for you then you will have a classic mess-around trick to bust out anywhere you like.
Unciano
nothing better to do

Postby balefulstare » Wed Sep 23, 2015 3:51 am

Thanks all! I think i'm getting it sorted now. Moved my back foot closer to bolts and put more swing in my shoulders, almost landed two in a row. Still want's to rocket a lot though, still not sure how to put less pressure on my back foot, when my front slides off all my weight goes to my back foot. :| Seems if i put more emphasis into a sideways push as soon as I pop it's better though.
I get more motivated by the phrase “Fuck it” than any other motivational phrase
balefulstare
I like skateboarding

Postby richard phillips » Wed Sep 23, 2015 1:29 pm

balefulstare wrote:Thanks all! I think i'm getting it sorted now. Moved my back foot closer to bolts and put more swing in my shoulders, almost landed two in a row. Still want's to rocket a lot though, still not sure how to put less pressure on my back foot, when my front slides off all my weight goes to my back foot. :| Seems if i put more emphasis into a sideways push as soon as I pop it's better though.

the only other thing I can think of is to learn forward more and get all your weight on your front foot, that should stop it from flying forward and make the 180 pivot easier :) :) :) :)
richard phillips
I got new wheels

Return to How To - Street Tricks