Grindking replacement Kingpins

How to do anything with your board and wheels eg. Cleaning bearings, changing trucks

Grindking replacement Kingpins

Postby Brian S » Sat Jan 10, 2015 12:27 am

If anyone can't find Grindking kingpins, I know some on here had a bit of a time to locate some before, the House skatepark in Sheffield stocks them, they don't really do mail order, but if you speak to Rob he will be happy to sort you out, no problem, just tell him Brian sent ya :)
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Re: Grindking replacement Kingpins

Postby Flash » Sun Jan 11, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi ya bri, just to add to this, its a great conversion for sure, and a big confidence boost when tackling coping, I paid £9 for the gringking ones, and they got fitted to stage 5 indys, to be honest they are a bit of a sod to do, you've got no chance of using the sleeved nut that comes with the gk kpins, so have to use standard nuts, and also they are a little short really , I just about fitted em , and did work out ok in the end, ,incidentally mine were fitted with hardcore hards
But what are better kingpins are the gullwing pro bolts, they are a little bit longer and the base nut will fit a indy base easier , plus only £6.50 posted on ebay, dont think I can mention the seller, but just search em, or see if woody got any first :D
Flash
I got new wheels

Re: Grindking replacement Kingpins

Postby dingo » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:31 pm

I have just fitted grindkings onto independant 169's. In order to tighten or loosen them I had to jam the nut with two flat head screwdrivers then twist the alan key. I find the bolt stick out of the truck plate and digs into my board. Guess I could use risers to stop that but not used to them.
dingo
I'm too scared to post more

Return to How To - Maintenance