2020 Skate resolutions, targets and achievements

Nailed that new trick yet ?

2020 Skate resolutions, targets and achievements

Postby Plan9Customs » Sat Sep 26, 2020 11:40 pm

What are you guys wanting to learn? Have learned? Getting back after injuries? Lets hear them.
Big spins are my main one right now. Close to them scratched out a total of 2 ugly non popped ones so far but lost even that since everything was on fire here and the air was unbreatheable for a couple weeks. What are you guy after for this year?
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Re: 2020 Skate resolutions, targets and achievements

Postby JimBin » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:42 pm

Big spins! If they not fakie, they be super tough for me. Let us know when you have them and send the insights and tips this way.

As for me, I'm trying nose slide to crook, nose slide shuv nose slide (on a curb), blunt slides (curb), and trying to train myself to stand on front 50 50s as I keep leaning back.
I'm not sure how constant the trying is going to be, just where I am this week. I could be at different tricks next week without getting any of these. I'll let you know when I land anything or change focus to something else.

I did get some (almost fast-ish) ollies over a hip yesterday which I was happy with.
Boarderco 8.35, Venture v Lights 5.8, Bones Big Balls, Sml Tom Knox 53mm
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Fri Oct 02, 2020 2:58 am

JimBin wrote:Big spins! If they not fakie, they be super tough for me. Let us know when you have them and send the insights and tips this way.

As for me, I'm trying nose slide to crook, nose slide shuv nose slide (on a curb), blunt slides (curb), and trying to train myself to stand on front 50 50s as I keep leaning back.
I'm not sure how constant the trying is going to be, just where I am this week. I could be at different tricks next week without getting any of these. I'll let you know when I land anything or change focus to something else.

I did get some (almost fast-ish) ollies over a hip yesterday which I was happy with.

When I actually can pop them and consistently land, I gladly will. They're not that hard (non pop) its just mental. If you can do a shove it and backside 180 the board will spin the rest when combined. Its just a mental battle with me to turn my head like I do for bs 180s so I don't have my back foot turning all the way because of that. Need to do them stationary when the smoke clears up some to get the muscle memory built up.
Nose slide - crooked is fun! Its all in the back toe to get it up into it. when you pop the nose just kind of point your rear toe down and back and it'll just plop it right into it.
Am I reading this right? Nose slide shove it INTO nose slide?! If so PLEASE post even the tries. That's insane! If its nose to shove out, just think of it as going to fakie(for the shove part) then just once you've started to turn about a 1/4 of the way jump back on regular. Can do them but haven't had a chance to get them consistent yet.
Blunts. When you get those please share any tips!
Glad to see you've got a good set of goals set.
I'll add another, slappy smiths. If anyone has got them I'll glady except and help.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby JimBin » Sat Oct 03, 2020 12:16 am

Thanks for the tip on the nose slide to crook. Weather sucks so it could be a while before I get to a curb, but I want them on ledges too. I'll get to try soon (i hope).
Yes, nose shuv nose. ON A CURB. You don't die when you miss and you can even slide wheels and get away with it. I'm not sure if i have some attempts on camera. I'll check.
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby JimBin » Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:58 pm

This week I've been landing fast (for me) hurricane grinds on ledges, and trying 50 50s (still not staying on top long enough), 5-0s (same problem) and front crooks. I got one lovely one. Smiled for an hour.
Found some attempts at nose shuv nose on camera. will post them tomorrow from work (computer issues).

EDITED: some attempts. Hopefully what I am trying is clear. More hopefully, i'll try again some day and land some.

JimBin
I got new wheels

Return to Tricks n fings