Loaded Tan Tien

For those with over 40 inches of equipment

Loaded Tan Tien

Postby abercenfi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 8:58 am

Just bought a Loaded Tan Tien. Only just come back to skateboarding and never tried a longboard before. I live out in the sticks in wales in amongst plenty of long hills so very excited and hoping that I can learn to slow and stop fairly swiftly otherwise I'm going the get hurt.
abercenfi
skate skate skate

Re: Loaded Tan Tien

Postby misterbleepy » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:21 pm

is it really springy?
What trucks & wheels have you put on it?
Keith B. - still riding goofy
misterbleepy
Geek

Postby abercenfi » Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:15 pm

misterbleepy wrote:is it really springy?
What trucks & wheels have you put on it?

Don't know - hasn't arrived yet. Randall 180 and yellow Orangatang stimulus. Love Orangatang wheels - I have orange Orangatang President's on my other board. Something hypnotic and exciting about skateboard wheels.

I know nothing about longboarding and am completely talentless, but really enjoying the grazed knees, bruised hips and gravel rash palms at nearly 50 - reminds me I'm alive, so looking forward to the Tan Tien turning up.
abercenfi
skate skate skate

Postby Skinnychris » Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:45 pm

I've just started too, I love the look of the Tan-tien, i think that might be my next deck or something similar!

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
Growing old is inevitable.....growing up is optional
Skinnychris
I got new wheels

Postby xman2001 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 5:01 pm

I just think it sounds and looks cool, isn't it a bit of an overkill for a recent returnie? how about some old slow 70's wheels untill you get the hang of falling off?
xman2001
I got new wheels

Postby abercenfi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:21 pm

Had a little pratice on the TT today - together with my landyachtz slide gloves, 187 Killer pro's and Bern Watts hh. Really enjoyed it. Very springy and fun, thoroughly enjoyed it. having done my YouTube homework it seems i'm going to have to get working on my arthritic knees to get my hands on the tarmac. Sold on longboarding - purple Orangatang nipples arriving tomorrow, then more practice.

Any longboarders near me (SA18) - I'd like to find a nice wide traffic free hill for some carving practice.
abercenfi
skate skate skate

Postby Skinnychris » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:50 pm

Sounds cool mate, glad you are enjoying, i am scared of the speed at the moment lol!

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
Growing old is inevitable.....growing up is optional
Skinnychris
I got new wheels

Postby funtildeath » Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:50 am

i have owned the tan tien for a few years and it is one of the most used boards in my quiver. I run Bustin Bocas, and Carver rkp trucks.

this board can make very low angle hills really fun. Springy and bouncy it is difficult to slide and really is a carving machine. Pumping, surfing, cruising on soft wheels is what this deck excels in.
funtildeath
I'm too scared to post more

Return to Longboards