what board to get...

For those with over 40 inches of equipment

what board to get...

Postby irvine » Mon Jun 30, 2014 4:53 pm

Im wanting a nice cruising board but not sure whatoto get, heres what ive thought so far. Im not wanting a longboard for bombing down massive hills, I want a sturdy board for going to and from wocomforteds to have at very least a tail for curbs, the ability to be able to ride ove rougher surfaces without my teeth chattering and the board stopping suddenly because its hit s tiny stone snd me taking a head dive.

I like the look of the camus 2 deck

Mindless Campus II

but I think I prefer the Calamri beause of its shape

Mindless Calamari Longboard 8.75"

what do you think, I dontcwant something too small, bigger the better really but must have a tail and preferably a nose to ollie up curbs. It would be nice to do a few wee tricks but focus is on comfort and stability on shitey uneven pavements etc.
irvine
What mid life crisis ?

Re: what board to get...

Postby HarryR » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:06 pm

This would be nice...
viewtopic.php?t=31525
Rose-tinted view of the days of our youth; we stood the test of time.
HarryR
anorak alert

Postby Woody » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:10 pm

Check out D-Street products, better quality and design.
Any good skate shop should have them.
MAS, run by skateboarders for skateboarders and paid for by skateboarders.
Big Woodys Skate Shop
Woody
Skate Bully

Postby irvine » Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:53 pm

Just looked at the earth wing on youtube and it looked pretty sweet actually. I looked at the D Street stubby
decks but the design just didnt tickle my fancy, good to know which brands are better quality though because im looking for a complete set up so poor qiality means poor trucks, board and wheels.
are the mindless decks not really up to much?

I have my 7.25" board for tricks?I suppose im looking for the armchair of skateboards for getting to and from work on but must be able to get ollienon it.
irvine
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Woody » Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:09 pm

You sure it's a 7.25" ? That sounds like a mini to me for under say 4'6" in height
MAS, run by skateboarders for skateboarders and paid for by skateboarders.
Big Woodys Skate Shop
Woody
Skate Bully

Postby Beerday » Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:20 am

The Earthwing's a great board for commuting (not just saying that cos I'm selling it :wink: ) - been my daily for a while. I'm not one for tricks but if that's what you like then you can do it all on it. I'm going back to my BE40 for all-round use so rather than have it sitting around I thought I'd offer it up. Starting to accumulate boards again.
Longboard Scotland facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_18386859728
Beerday
I got new wheels

Postby irvine » Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:05 am

Sorry its 7.5" across snd 31" long.

have you got any photos of the mini glider? Is it just the deck?
irvine
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Beerday » Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:05 am

33 x 9.5. Deck only I'm afraid. Tail's a wee bit scuffed up but not too bad - will soon look like that if you ollie it anyway. Think the decks are about 90 quid new. Grab some used Indy 169s and some wheels of your choice (always get a good choice of used on here - just ask if something isn't listed) and you're ready to go :)
Longboard Scotland facebook group - http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=group_18386859728
Beerday
I got new wheels

Postby irvine » Tue Jul 01, 2014 1:56 pm

Its a sweet looking board but still drawn to the more retro looking old cruisers although I watched s video of some guy skating the earthwing around a skatepark and it looked very versatile but maybe a one to save up for.
irvine
What mid life crisis ?

Postby spd » Tue Jul 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Krooked Zig Zaggers are a cracking cruiser in my opinion. Shove on a pair of 65mm wheels and it'll roll over more or less anything and will ollie up a kerb no problem (rider dependent obviously ;-) ). It is wide and stable, but manoeuvrable.
spd
What mid life crisis ?

Postby irvine » Wed Jul 02, 2014 7:25 pm

Zig zaggers look good.
having said I was looking more atvthe retro boards ive been indpired by the earthwing shape and thinking maybe being able to ollie up curbs isnt so important.
I like the shape of the earthwing (although id like something new and a complete so ive been looking at the Santa Cruz screaming hand 40" drop down.
irvine
What mid life crisis ?

Postby mondo » Fri Jan 30, 2015 9:42 am

I got myself a 'Bulldog' pin tail deck off ebay at a very resonable price and it's the dogs buisness. There well worth checking out
daily grind can be good :D
mondo
What mid life crisis ?

Return to Longboards