Another beginner longboard thread

For those with over 40 inches of equipment

Another beginner longboard thread

Postby Exarkun » Wed Nov 26, 2014 11:17 am

Hi there

I've taken a look around and have been looking at the Lush boards, specifically the Legend the Symbian 2.

I'm 6' and weigh around 220 lbs.

I'm mainly interested in cruising and carving down the coast and some mild downhill.

For the size of me it seems that the longer board seems like a good way to go. Hence I was initially looking at the legend. But then the Symbians have the drop-through design.

What do you think guys?
Exarkun
I'm too scared to post more

Re: Another beginner longboard thread

Postby GoR64 » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:46 pm

You'll find a dropthrough's a little easier to push around, and slightly more stable in general as you have less leverage over the trucks.

Personally I'm a topmount guy, I find once you adjust to the extra height it's no loss, and no pesky truck baseplates to trip over - then again I mostly freeride and downhill, and I'm extra wary of baseplates coming from normal skateboarding.

So, if you want to do more pushing and freeride, go for the Symbian as you can potentially raise the trucks even higher and go for massive wheels, if you're looking to do a bit of freestyle I'd go for the longer board, bit flexier and more to play with for crossovers and such.

A shorter board will also kick out a bit easier for speed checks and slides, longer could potentially be a bit carvier.

I realise that's no help whatsoever.
Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Re: Another beginner longboard thread

Postby Exarkun » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:59 pm

It's cool man, thanks for your thoughts. From what you say there it confirms what my thinking is. Part of me wants to just get both decks then see how it goes. :D Alas I do not have bottomless pockets.

I think maybe the Symbian is the way to go for now. I'm new to this so anything that makes things easier initially will be of benefit. I can maybe get something else later.

:D
Exarkun
I'm too scared to post more

Return to Longboards