Mindless Crossair III

For those with over 40 inches of equipment

Mindless Crossair III

Postby Daverage » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:20 am

Hi all

Looking to get a 38 inch longboard so I can skate around with my daughters. Not wanting to spend more than £80 as it won't be getting much heavy usage! I saw the Mindless Crossair III and it seems to be a good deal, but can't find any reviews!

Have any of you got experience with their boards? Not expecting much for the money, but want to be sure it will survive!!

Thanks.
Last edited by Daverage on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Daverage
What mid life crisis ?

Re: Mindless Crossair III

Postby Dom1 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:44 am

Don't know about the Corsair, but I have the bigger 46" Maverick, just £15 more (or they've been around for ages, so you may find a cheap second hand one). The Deck is actually really nice, the trucks,(Randall copies) and wheels are perfectly OK. I've since changed the trucks out for S10's which makes it super turny and fancy a set of Red Kryps at some point, but I'll be keeping the deck. I imagine the quality of the smaller one will be similar, you shouldn't go far wrong for that money.
DSCN0225.JPG
Dom1
Geek

Postby Daverage » Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:41 pm

Thanks for that. I had considered the Maverick, but not sure I want a board that long lol

Sounds like the quality is good though, so a little more confident. Hell the last board I had was a Nash Tuf Top board in the 80/s90s lol
Daverage
What mid life crisis ?

Postby daxmatt » Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:31 pm

Mindless have been around a while now and seem to have there stuff sorted, not bad for the money, z flex seem to be selling quite cheap these days aswell good quality for the money, or for 80 quid range look at second hand and get a good used setup
daxmatt
skate skate skate

Postby mjlally » Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:38 pm

I've just picked up a secondhand mindless longboard, 38", truck hangars seem about 9.5 inches accross, widest point on board a bit less. Bit pointier than the corsair. but haven't managed to identify it yet. Looks like a lady version of the maverick shown above, shorter with a floral pattern on the stripe down the underside of it.

Wheels seem to be 71 mm cult cerebrum, no mark on trucks that I can see without taking them off. Board is in good nick apart from minor scuffs. Seems to be geared towards female riders but I can't see any issue with using it myself, popsicle is a lot smaller!
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Postby daxmatt » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:02 pm

Get some pics up, could be a lakota ? What colour are the graphics
daxmatt
skate skate skate

Postby mjlally » Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:23 pm

daxmatt wrote:Get some pics up, could be a lakota ? What colour are the graphics

just been out to the car to take a few photos but too dark to get the camera to focus..

posting what I got anyway, will get better photos if these are too blurry to work out what it is! Floral pattern is white on the red stripe on the bottom

board.JPG

board2.JPG
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Postby Bleary » Sat Mar 19, 2016 12:47 pm

Pretty sure I brought one of these in late 2007. IIRC it was decent quality for the price - thin composite concave single kick - but the deck was much too flexible for me so i sold it on without actually riding it.
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby mjlally » Tue Mar 22, 2016 1:52 pm

Bleary wrote:Pretty sure I brought one of these in late 2007. IIRC it was decent quality for the price - thin composite concave single kick - but the deck was much too flexible for me so i sold it on without actually riding it.

just tried it. Yes, I agree, deck is way too flexible for my liking. Perhaps longboarding is just not for me!
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Postby Bleary » Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:38 pm

Don't give up that easily! Part of the fun is trying out kit :lol:

Btw, just about to post an ad for an absolutely mint Lush Freeryder deck. 36" long, zero flex, very versatile with multiple wb options (single kick, double kick or just long) and can take big wheels (I ran it with 74.5mm)
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby mjlally » Tue Mar 22, 2016 6:46 pm

Bleary wrote:Don't give up that easily! Part of the fun is trying out kit :lol:

Btw, just about to post an ad for an absolutely mint Lush Freeryder deck. 36" long, zero flex, very versatile with multiple wb options (single kick, double kick or just long) and can take big wheels (I ran it with 74.5mm)

I'd be interested but have spent a bit this month and will need to sell stuff before buying anything else! I find myself in possession of five ridable setups and the makings of 2 more in assorted decks, wheels, trucks and bearings. I say that, but at the same time I feel the urge to check the buy and sell section..
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Postby Bleary » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:39 pm

Haha. A familar tale on here... :oops:
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby Bleary » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:50 pm

mjlally wrote:I feel the urge to check the buy and sell section..

Go on, you know it makes sense :lol: http://www.middle-age-shred.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28650
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby mjlally » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:29 pm

Bleary wrote:
mjlally wrote:I feel the urge to check the buy and sell section..

Go on, you know it makes sense :lol: http://www.middle-age-shred.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=28650

Thanks, but I need to either use or sell off some of what I have before I get anything else! I did have a look though and reckon you might be better making a new post to sell it as the current one is right down the bottom of the page and the impression could be given nearer the top that you'd already sold everything.
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Postby Daverage » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:23 am

Price seems to have spiked on the Corsair, so now looking at Osprey boards!

Seen this http://www.osprey-surf.co.uk/product/390/transistor-blue-longboard---free-skate-tool which looks ok (you can get it for about £60)

Also this from a company called karnage http://www.toysrus.co.uk/toys/karnage-38-bamboo-longboard/TRUP2180780001/CF0001?gclid=CISFhsPR6MsCFUieGwodkS4N2g

Any other good budget makes - still not decided on length either. 38-42 sounds about right!

I love the idea of a more classic shape, all I will be doing is cruising around a track and local streets!
Daverage
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Bleary » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:05 am

Having been through an awful lot of lb kit, I'd always recommend to anyone that they go for a used 'proper' (i.e. quality lb brand) setup as the ride is what counts at the end of the day but if you're really set on a new budget ride you could do worse than have a look at the aldi longboards (pintail and drop thru models) for just £34.99
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby Daverage » Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:44 am

What comes under the heading of "proper" brand - sorry, totally new!
Daverage
What mid life crisis ?

Postby daxmatt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:44 pm

Lush, landyachtz, g&s, z flex, original, dogtown boards are also ok, also mindless are ok to say the stiffer peche or the maverick
daxmatt
skate skate skate

Postby Bleary » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:39 pm

Daverage wrote:What comes under the heading of "proper" brand - sorry, totally new!

It's very much a personal, subjective thing. For me, it's components - decks/trucks/wheels/bushings - that are skater developed and which work well together as the ride is the most important consideration when I make a purchase. Longboard companies, esp.deck makers, are often smaller/skater owned and rider input translates directly into the product. There are some more well-known longboard brands such as Loaded, Original or Landyachtz who make some top kit but their expensive marketing and videos have to paid for somewhere and this is reflected in the price of their products.

Erzatz toys such as Osprey etc are cheaper for a reason: although they look vaguely similar to the better equipment the ride will be horrible and while that won't be important if you're just carrying it (thinking Penny...) if you want to skate and have fun then spending a bit more on better kit is worth it. Money's always a consideration though so because LB kit gets much less of a battering in general than skateboards you can often find some great deals 2nd hand.
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby Daverage » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:42 pm

Daverage
What mid life crisis ?

Postby daxmatt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:45 pm

You wanna check out rollersnakes they were selling them dirt cheap a few weeks ago around the 60 quid mark so a mega bargain
daxmatt
skate skate skate

Postby daxmatt » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:48 pm

daxmatt
skate skate skate

Postby Bleary » Thu Mar 31, 2016 7:55 pm

:shock: At £113 that's very expensive for the no-name, far east generic components you'd be getting. It's just trading on the z flex brand but 40 yrs on and umpteen venture capital brand owners later I'd question if it's really worth paying a premium. If it is then shop around and, as above, save £50 straight off or save even more and slap a z flex sticker on an aldi board :wink:
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby Daverage » Fri Apr 01, 2016 1:39 pm

Oh definitely wasn't thinking full price :D

Thanks all, RollerSnakes looks like a great site!
Daverage
What mid life crisis ?

Postby airwave » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:12 pm

dropped to 60 quid now.
Life, a journey not a destination.
airwave
smell of grip tape

Return to Longboards