Sector 9 sidewinder replacement deck

For those with over 40 inches of equipment

Sector 9 sidewinder replacement deck

Postby bigad » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:52 pm

Purchased a fantastic sidewinder with gullwing trucks.
Like a duck to water, it's real easy to pump.
The only problem is at 36inches it's a bit short for me.
Unfortunately sector 9 don't bring any longer bamboo decks into the U.K. so I'm thinking about getting something that will go with these trucks.
Loaded Dervish Flex 1 looks good, I think.
Looking for something that carve and pump with these trucks.
bigad
What mid life crisis ?

Re: Sector 9 sidewinder replacement deck

Postby Bleary » Sun Oct 02, 2016 8:13 pm

Loaded are good quality but the Dervish is getting on a bit and is quite narrow. If you need more foot space and are looking at bamboo how about a Holesom Street Sweeper? Top mount so still very pumpable and although not too much longer than your S9 at 39.75", with a decent width (9.25") and many wheelbase options (34.5"/33"/31.5"/29.75"/28.25") it would have a much bigger efp. And they look very cool imo :lol:
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby bigad » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:45 pm

Thanks Bleary.
The Holesom is a crazy looking deck. Unfortunately I can't see any in the UK.
bigad
What mid life crisis ?

Postby Bleary » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:33 pm

Try sickboards.nl :wink:
Bleary
nothing better to do

Postby TonyB » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:11 pm

Bite the Bullet and import something, then you have freedom of choice and can get exactly what you want.

British Longboard Company - Lush Longboards. Haven't looked at their range of boards in a long time but its a local option.

The longer your deck the harder it is to pump and don't forget that wheelbase comes in to play here. You could get a 36" deck with a longer wheelbase if stability is the issue.

I've been rolling around the streets on this for a couple of years now. Not really a pump board as such but the way I set it up its like surfing or a snowboard. Turns quick and its a flexible deck to add to that surfy feeling.

The Answer to ALL bearing questions is Rockin Rons
What is the best soft wheel? Orange Rainskates Tsunami 85a duro (available in various sizes)
My Collection
TonyB
NERD!

Postby alienfish360 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:19 am

TonyB wrote:British Longboard Company - Lush Longboards. Haven't looked at their range of boards in a long time but its a local option.

I grabbed a Lush Freebyrd complete recently to see how I would be on a board. Got hooked, now ended up with Lush Symbian 3D (Sabre Hollowlite trucks, and Cult emperor wheels).

As you say regarding the wheelbase, the Symbian is a longer board, but wheelbase is about 0.5" shorter (that is in standard position, you have about 0.25" adjustment front and rear).

But I will give a thumbs up to their quality, and service.
alienfish360
I skateboard

Return to Longboards