What type of Longboard is this?

For those with over 40 inches of equipment

What type of Longboard is this?

Postby abuck » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:57 pm

At 2:06 in this video, there is a longboarder going really fast and doing these cool surfy walk moves. It looks so fun. Any idea what type of longboard she uses? Not so much brand, but type. I know nothing about longboards, all I know is that kind of skating looks fun and I want to do it. Anything you could tell me about the set up would be appreciated. Thanks!

edit: error correction
8.5" Elephant Brand deck, Indy hollow 149s, 53mm Bones 100s, Spitfire Cheapshot bearings
abuck
I like skateboarding

Re: What type of Longboard is this?

Postby Eggplant » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:11 pm

It's probably the Elephant Noside

Sent from my SM-N900 using Tapatalk
Eggplant
What mid life crisis ?

Postby GoR64 » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:08 am

Look up "Longboard Dancing".
Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek

Postby abuck » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:08 am

THanks, you two. I had no idea the deck or the dancing was even a thing.
8.5" Elephant Brand deck, Indy hollow 149s, 53mm Bones 100s, Spitfire Cheapshot bearings
abuck
I like skateboarding

Postby Andrew_Culture » Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:59 am

I would totally LOVE to skate one of those huge flood drain things!
Andrew_Culture
I need a LIFE!

Postby Beigebomber » Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:01 am

Yes, as Eggplant says, it's the Elelphant NoSide. Careful though, because there were two versions made, one longer than the other. She's on the longer version (as is Mike Vallelly later on when he does the wallride).

Trucks and wheels are difficult to figure out, but I'd make an educated guess that the trucks are Paris 180s, given that Elephant decks shared a distributor with the brand. The wheels are probably by Divine, for the same reason. They look like 70mm or so, and are probably about 78-80a in hardness.

All that said, it's an old video and Elephant may no longer be making those exact decks. The good news is that there are abolutely tons of alternatives that'll suit you just as well. Just for starters, you could check decks by Landyachtz, Rayne, Comet, Mindless, Gravity....

The exact board she's riding had a 22.5 inch wheelbase, which is probably the most important stat you need to replicate. The closest equivalent deck I can think of (and that doesn't mean much - I've not kept up with longboard innovations) is the 40" BRAD EDWARDS - "SKULL BEACH" DECK. Gravity's decks are great, you won't go wrong with that one.

Mike V is no longer riding for Elephant, but if you check their YouTube channel anyway, there are some great vids of him. For inspiration, definitely check out his ride on the Board #1 - some awesome ditch riding in that. Also google 'Ditch slap, New Mexico' for further interesting ditch stuff, or if it was the footwork/dancing you liked the look of, check out Adam Colton/Loaded.
Doesn´t like decks with dolphins or Bob Marley painted on.
Beigebomber
I got new wheels

Return to Longboards