Just saying hello

For those with over 40 inches of equipment

Just saying hello

Postby DustyBalls » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:02 am

I've been lurking around this site for a bit and decided to join, I haven't skated in 30 years and I saw a kid long boarding in London the other day 30 minutes later I'm in Slick Willies buying a Santa Cruz land shark. I love it, I just need somewhere to skate and people my age to skate with!
DustyBalls
I'm too scared to post more

Re: Just saying hello

Postby bentley » Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:38 pm

Welcome mate. Popular places in London: Hyde park for cruising, Greenwich & Crystal Palace Park for Freeriding and Hogs Hill (Redbridge Cycle Centre) for some downhill. Also personally want to try Windsor Great Park.

There's a good community on Facebook called London Longboards where people often post looking for others to skate with. And another called Bench Collective who are based in Crystal Palace park and run slide sessions.

I'm in Sutton and regularly go sliding (trying to) in Crystal Palace. I just met another skater on Facebook (through London Longboards) who moved to the area so we've been going out & about for a couple of weeks together.

I might even head down to Crystal Palace this afternoon as it's sunny and I got off work early.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bentley
What mid life crisis ?

Postby DustyBalls » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks for the info it's much appreciated, , if the weather is ok on Saturday I might take the kids to Hyde Park.
DustyBalls
I'm too scared to post more

Postby bentley » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:21 pm

Good place to start for sure. I tried Virginia Water/Windsor Great Park earlier today. Literally miles of track and road. We spent 2 hours there and didn't do it all. The warden stopped us to tell us that they've recently amended the regulations to allow Longboards as long as you don't bomb hills (we wouldn't dream of it mate) and walk round the lake where the pedestrians and prams are. Definitely recommend it there. He also said we were a bit more "senior" than most of the skateboarders he stops. Charmer.
bentley
What mid life crisis ?

Return to Longboards