Anyone get to the Brits this year?

Snowboards Surfboards Dirtboards if its about boards its in here.

Moderator: Weirdo

Anyone get to the Brits this year?

Postby xman2001 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 2:12 pm

anyone get to Laax last week? I'm off at the weekend :D wanted to check on the snow conditions...
xman2001
I got new wheels

Re: Anyone get to the Brits this year?

Postby MeatyChi » Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:15 pm

By all accounts they had a big dump at the beginning of the Brits and then bluebirds ever since!
MeatyChi
I got new wheels

Postby xman2001 » Fri Mar 30, 2012 10:47 am

cheers for info - its certainly getting warmer, heard lots of frostbite stories from friends earlier in the season. Hopefully some more freshies today, although rain in the village, then followed by blue skies when we're there.. fingers crossed! I think Laxx is very good value - we booked the apartment back in Nov to get 4 free ski-passes, by booking ourselves it's a great deal considering the normal tour operator price hikes for school hols and Easter. Worked out about the same as a package staying in an old shoebox in the French Alps in low season - just won't be able to buy too many beers on the slopes. Also taken a break from skating the last couple of months to avoid injuries so looking to get back on it...
xman2001
I got new wheels

Postby xman2001 » Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:04 pm

Just got back from Laax highlights include:

1) Hearing that a few of the local riders from Kendal dry slope won medals at the Brits
2) Seems they run festivals / comps most weeks, was good to hear us Brits were better than the Dutch who where there last week
3) Indoor Freestyle academy - watching some rad inline skating on the bowl, and board / ski and skateboard ramps launchinh into the foam pit. A pity the compulsary induction course prevented us having a go
4) Chatting to a 68 yeat old on the lift, riding a new set set off surf style powder skis- said he'd done 96 days on them this season - shows us MASer how to do it!
5) Nice to see a fair few runs are now up pisted/groomed 'Freeride' - managed a load of powder runs and some first tracks too!
6) Plenty of snow even in April

Overall a great family friendly resort, uncrowded, Swiss hyper quality everywhere, just got to work out how I'm going to keep up with my kids next time we get to go....
xman2001
I got new wheels

Return to Dirt/Snowboards & Other Boardsports