The Bullet Kings

If you wanna tell the shredders about your site, post it here please

Re: The Bullet Kings

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:49 am

Yes please, obviously being a limited edition let us know the price.
I feel like I'm taking the piss getting free stuff all the time!

(But it does feel good :roll: :mrgreen: )
Is this where I am supposed to write something witty?
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby greywolf » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:19 am

SNAKEBITE wrote:Yes please, obviously being a limited edition let us know the price.

I know what you mean ! :oops:
Let's not make any mistake here , the Bullet Kings stuff is easily worth the price !!
(and that aint grovelling :arrow: it's the truth !)
greywolf
No fingers left from posting .... what a

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:03 pm

SNAKEBITE wrote:Yes please, obviously being a limited edition let us know the price.

hand number 1 to 100 ... id call that very limited

pm me your address again :)

you scrounging git
dont live by other peoples limitations

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby mike261263 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:07 pm

Mine appears to have got lost in the post???
mike261263
nothing better to do

Postby Carl Arnfield » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:26 am

mike261263 wrote:Mine appears to have got lost in the post???

oh really!

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:00 pm

ok, off to the post office to mail out the CD's to the people that have asked for copies and the listening from the radio show last night that asked via the studio

:)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Fri Jan 21, 2011 7:58 pm

Arrived today :D
Many many thanks Mr. A
(AW)
greywolf

Postby mike261263 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:04 pm

I have one as well..mucho thanks!
mike261263
nothing better to do

Postby Carl Arnfield » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:33 pm

your all very welcome :)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:51 pm

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:56 pm

26th Feb 1 in 12 club bradford FREE entry
Doors 7pm

7.30 – Lost Soul
8.10- Bullet Kings
9pm- The Kirkz
9.45 – acid drop
10.30-eastfield

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby SNAKEBITE » Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:08 pm

May bank Holiday!!

Plenty of "fashionbilly" on your line up!
(I prefer the Grits Guitarist's other band the Vincent Razorbacks!)
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:51 am

the grits drummer if i remember rightly is in loads of bands / session player

and is in mr dickinsons band as well

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby SNAKEBITE » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:02 pm

Doesn't he own a London club as well?

"The Gaff" which is also his name.
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:55 pm

i have NO idea at all........

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Carl Arnfield wrote:Image

limited edition hand numbered 1 to 100 CD

1. Broken England
2. Godforsaken Town
3. Terror Holiday - live version
4. Melt Down - live version
5. My Country - acoustic version

reviews coming soon

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby SNAKEBITE » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:16 pm

For what it's worth I think it's fucking good.

Best money I ever spent!! :twisted:
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby greywolf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:24 pm

SNAKEBITE wrote:For what it's worth I think it's fucking good.

Best money I ever spent!! :twisted:

:lol: :lol:
Agreed !!
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:38 pm

Carl Arnfield wrote:
Carl Arnfield wrote:Image

limited edition hand numbered 1 to 100 CD

1. Broken England
2. Godforsaken Town
3. Terror Holiday - live version
4. Melt Down - live version
5. My Country - acoustic version

The Bullet Kings “Wastelands” (Voltage Records)

The Bullet Kings are a strange band – prolific with the recorded output but you’re not going to see them going out on lengthy tours. The joys of middle age, jobs and a variety of other commitments might keep the world from getting a glimpse of this trio in action but that won’t stop them trying to lay waste on your hearing through the recorded medium. With an album and a number of singles out in 2010, the BK’s open up in 2011 with a five track EP, which was originally planned as a split with an American band who eventually lacked the funds to make it happen.

So, their loss is our gain as the result is now purely down to The Bullet Kings, a band who sound as old as they are, with a genuine UK82 feel but updated to the current decade so as not to come across as stale and uninteresting.

The first track “Broken England” is the only new song on the EP and I have to say, it’s the best thing I’ve heard from this band. A great guitar sound, Wilf’s distinctive vocals and lyrics that cover how many people view the UK (not just England) these days. An excellent opening track and although, to me, it’s without equal from within the BK arsenal the following four tracks do not suffer from being weak or just filler.

Up next is “Godforsaken Town” and this doesn’t really need any explaining as it continues the theme started by “Broken England”. The next two tracks are live versions of “Terror Holiday” and “Melt Down”, more songs that look at the state of the world today and find that it’s far from perfect. What comes across really well with these tracks is the guitar work of Carl “Behemoth” Arnfield who, despite his imposing stature, has fingers that are as nimble as anyone’s across a fret board.

Bringing the release to a close is an acoustic version of the song “My Country”. Yes, another view of the UK and the state it is in having had three parties in power in recent years – none of them really moving the country forward in any noticeable way – but still being able to feel some level of pride in your surroundings. I find this song even more poignant and moving done acoustically so all credit to the band for releasing this as it ensures that the EP is varied and doesn’t follow the same musical path despite having a lyrical theme throughout.

This is a limited release available only from the label so don’t delay if this interests you.

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Mon Jan 31, 2011 5:43 pm

Great review ! :D
(AW)
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:03 am

THE BULLET KINGS - WASTELANDS EP

In this section of CD reviews this is the 500th effort I have had the pleasure of writing and it is more than appropriate that it is for the most reviewed outfit The Bullet Kings. As ye may know this is another of Mr Carl Arnfield's bands and without doubt more of this dudes material has been reviewed on this site than anybody else’s. The man sets a fast pace and that is the only way to do it - if you can't keep up or despise him for being so productive then move on faster or go suck your own genitals is the message respectively. So what can we expect from the BK boys this time around - a surprise for sure and some usual meaty noise as expected. So let's assess shall we?

With a grim reality the main order of the day the usual side dish of persistent melody is always apparent and such is the case with the hard-hitting 'Broken England'. The shit-hole we call home is given another roasting here by these burly blokes who keep it to the point and without much fuss. Short semi-epileptic strokes build into the main riff and the first verse is delivered with frontman Wilfredo as grubby, natural and angry as ever. The merge from verse to chorus is vague and that is a sign of a band running the engine with top class acoustic oil that has no need to find time to pause. A concrete song that slightly eases up during a tribal chant that gives all room for respite. The finishing drive is consistent and gasping for air we head into the equally effective 'Godforsaken Town'. The impetus is fluid and The Bullets Kings are creating liquid noise without too much effort. Subdued strings and pulsing drums pupate into a recognisable surge before your friendly neighbourhood fatman at the front barks out the lyrics. The chorus here is an essay of simplicity and does nothing out of the ordinary. The fact of the matter though is that it doesn't have to - the whole song works a treat and this convinces me why I am a BK fan. The wind up at the end flashes by and is full stopped by a screwed whine of guitar and the job is done. By the way, even though I am a fan of this band they do throw up the odd turkey turd as far as I am concerned but that's a personal opinion and hey 'what band doesn't' be honest now - I know its hard but please do try!

So 2 crackers done and now into 'live' mode. Many a band can derail themselves during this method due to sub-standard production and a lack of general talent. The Bullet Kings pull off two favourites here namely 'Terror Holiday' and 'Meltdown'. Both have warning, both seem laden with doom but both are uplifting tracks for the punk who wants to pogo. The fire in the belly is captured during both recordings and a rugged grit is achieved which I feel is a vital element of all punk rock 'live' releases. Of the two I have no favourite as the tracks are equal giants that get on with the task and blaze a trail. You really should get into this talented trio you know - solid stuff and one must wonder why the band are overlooked and not given better slots.

As if reinforcing my belief in the band what comes next is unexpected, totally risky and nothing short of superb. 'My Country' is stripped bare, given an acoustic makeover and delivered with surprising effect. Two roads run in conjunction - one smooth with tuneful tarmac and very gently applied whereas the other is a rough and dirty gravel route filled with potholes and juddering undulations and it seems, thrown down with unaffected abandon. Both roads work side by side and never drift apart which is a baffling triumph and one I cannot fathom. Totally convincing this is a Song of the Month on my site for sure. If nothing else - pick up this CD for this one track alone.

So 5 more BK bangers and all sizzling with sincerity. Come on cunts wake up and check this lot out. Your attention is long overdue.

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 am

THE BULLET KINGS - LIVE IN WAKEFIELD

I don't review DVD's that often and in a way I am glad. They are not my favourite format to assess as one tends to get detracted by visuals rather than concentrate on the sonics which I suppose is more than obvious but still a slight niggle. Nevertheless when I get asked I do my bit and such is the case with this mix of 'live' and rehearsed recordings. The Bullet Kings are a band I hold in high esteem and am more than familiar with them 'in the flesh' (non-sexual of course). I have yet to be disappointed by what I've witnessed at the numerous gigs I have seen them play and so I expected a good viewing here. Hopefully this effort will help push them along a little and get them a few more outings which, to be honest, aren't frequent enough (are ye listening promoters).

We begin here with the 'live' set which was recorded at that good old venue The Snooty Fox in Wakefield. The guys at The Fox have been knocking out vids for bands for a for while now and they do a grand job indeed. The sonics are spot on and the clarity equally sharp with my only gripe the camera that seemingly suffers from bouts of St Vitus Dance and fails to settle in any position for any length of time. It is quite distracting and does get on ones tits if one has a nervous disposition (just like me) but it shouldn't deflect from what is a well compiled effort. The Bullet Kings do their stuff here with the usual set pumped out with vigour and full of big drum cracks and meaty riffs. All 3 players are comfortable in each others company and this is reflected in the liquidity of the output and so the DVD thrives as a result and fans will lap it up. The usual fare is given with 'Terror Holiday', 'My Country' and 'Meltdown' outstanding and the rest just darn bloody good. As I say why this band don't get bigger and better gigs is beyond me so before the crew fatter get em' booked.

The 3 rehearsed and organised videos are very good indeed with the latter effort 'Raise Your Glass For England' the least favourite of mine due to it being a corny effort done as a request and for a bunch of cunts who apparently are adored by many and profess to be something they ain't (footballers). It is just a bit of fun if the truth be known and for the given style it is as good as anything out there. I fuckin' hate football tributes though so struggle with this but if you are into that kind of thing you'll most probably enjoy this. Next World Cup watch out for my own release 'Bare Your Ass For England' a classic (and there won't be a grinning twat in mine playing a shovel ha, ha)! Go on big boy!

'My Country' and 'Godforsaken Town' are the other two bonus vids and both are rock solid. The latter is shot in nuclear monochrome style with the fast buzzsaw pace working ideally alongside the apocalyptic industrial visions that pour our way. The former song is yet again shot in atmospheric black and white and with a song as good as this it comes out superbly. The combination of band playing in a warehouse and the subtle overlay of a worn down landscape provides interesting viewing and it has to be full marks all round for a DIY effort of the highest order.

The outcome - well give me a reason why this DVD shouldn't be in your collection and I'll give you many reasons why it should.

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:28 pm

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:32 pm

8) 8) 8) 8)
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:45 am

greywolf wrote:8) 8) 8) 8)

thought id post it after the person that made me the flying V wanted the footage

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:47 am

i spoke to the drummer yesterday about the whole bullet kings situation.....

it seems that the drummer and i might start a new project new name new direction later in the summer ....

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby SNAKEBITE » Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:51 pm

So much for the holiday eh?

Glad to see you have changed your mind.

Put me down for a free c.d. :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby greywolf » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:35 pm

SNAKEBITE wrote:
Glad to see you have changed your mind.

Put me down for a free c.d. :mrgreen: :roll: :mrgreen:

Two of us !! :mrgreen:
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:56 pm

ya scrounging twats!

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:13 pm

:lol: :mrgreen: :twisted:
greywolf

Postby SNAKEBITE » Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:04 pm

Carl Arnfield wrote:ya scrounging twats!

Is it that obvious? :mrgreen:
SNAKEBITE
NERD!

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:40 pm

ok....

the bullet kings have been banned in germany after a company say they own our recordings

and have had youtube block us for copyright infringement?????

very interesting really since it is all published and so this german company have no right to do this ?

and youtube havent responded to the publishers questions ?

i dont give a fuck in the sense we didnt sell fuck all in germany and this is a great press story :)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:42 pm

No such thing as bad publicity ? :wink:
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:48 pm

greywolf wrote:No such thing as bad publicity ? :wink:

not when your a media whore :)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:22 am

and 3 days on ... you tube havent responded to my publishers and the owner of the track to WHY this german company have banned it on the grounds of "copyright infringement"

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:26 am

Does it sound too much like a Boney M song ? :mrgreen:
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:50 am

only if you can sing them while eating a pie

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:04 am

LOLOL
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:14 am

Moriarty Records (the owners of the track)

Hope you all enjoy this video - unless you're in Germany, because youtube have arbitrarily decided that the sound recording belongs to IODA - who I have never heard of, and have blocked it over there......., Might have been good to check first, but it seems as though Youtube are a law unto themselves

Youtube are telling me the sound recording isn't mine to show in Germany - which is news to me.....

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 am

still banned ..... 6 days ... and no response from youtube

please go to and leave a comment WHY YOU TUBE havent responded

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:07 pm

review on studs and punks of the live DVD

CD Review - Bullet Kings The - Live In Wakefield DVD 6th Oct 2010
Posted on: Sat , Mar 26 09:46 AM
DVD and LIVE two things I usually think if there gonna be crap they will be utter shit, as what one person may want to watch usually bores others totally, and LIVE quite often the energy and atmosphere of the event is lost or the sound is soft or poor….so I am ready for this NOT

This is a well put together product, neat little cardboard sleeve tells you what you need to know and houses the little purple disc nicely.

So to the main part of the DVD the live show at The Snooty Fox, well the first thing you notice is the Crisp, clear picture from multi cameras and angles which is great adding a host of perspectives rather than just one frontal one, so that’s a good start also the lighting is excellent creating texture and atmosphere, then add to this the sound is clean, crisp, clear and Loud, Fucking great.

So to the Tracks:
First up Terror Holiday, Fast powerful song this, great way to warm the fuckers up followed by Not for Me and words before the Behemoth of a Song My Country even more Potent and powerful Live than on Cd, follow that boys!!! And they do;

Council Kid a Fast punk rocking Singalong with wonderous backing vocals and guitar work, I have not heard this track before and I love it, these guys know how to bang out a choon they are tight, hard and entertaining!!!

Brand New disgrace follows about the x factor another top notch sneer at the festering pile of shit that is x factor I am officially in love with this band the Chugging guitar midway is just fucking wonderous punkrock to go mental too, I cant believe how excited I am Feeling listening and watching this DVD its like I am at the gig!

Next up Melt Down another piece of Bullet king magic straight edged Punk faultless, and so to the last Track of the Set what the fuck can push this Monstrously Hard punk sex journey higher?? Of course its Alcohol and Speed DID YOU HEAR THE RALLY CALL? Oh yes I am off haha pogo agogo even with me dodgy knee haha this has it all catchy lyrics, Singalong, dancelong attitude, chugging guitar, tub thumping big style tight packed drumming and rattly growly bass precise destruction pure and true, first song I ever heard by this band and I have Loved them ever since a pure joy to listen too.

Extras!!
Oh yes not only a quality sexy set from the boys but extras too Videos - first of which is God forsaken town a great fast track and the video gives you the feeling of horror, its black and white blurry imagery dark uncomfortable and horrifying fits the feel of the song perfectly.

Next is My Country another Great video its fast moving background image and the band in a dirty warehouse lo-cal perfectly fits the song and again it’s a joy to watch, the producer of this video has a great eye for angles and images and it just enhances this song to even greater heights Genius

And lastly….Raise your Glass for England Yes it’s the Bullet Kings World cup Punkrock goal scorer, why the fuck was this not England’s song I can tell you they would of done a lot better with this behind them it’s a Fucking scorer and from someone who has no interest in football its had ME raising my glass for ENGLAND and again another professional video to a Top song from The Mighty BULLET KINGS

Get this DVD it’s a Joy to watch and should grace everyone’s DVD collection lets hope more Punk bands can get Quality visuals like this to show off there Talents

Well done to all involved in this Keep it the Fuck up

These are the Words and unblinkered Rantings of

Woodstock Punkrock

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:15 pm

CD Review - Bullet Kings The - Wastelands
Posted on: Wed , Mar 02 08:21 PM
5 Track offering here from the Bullet Kings wrapped up in a nice cardboard sleeve and looks like limited to only 100 copies. (Mine being Number 58)

BROKEN ENGLAND kicks things off a nice harmonized guitar riff opens this number before bursting free with the power of 10, the angry growl of the vocals makes sure you understand this is a song to be listened too and they are fucked off - No doubt about that, its powerful, punky noise with a tinge of maidenesque guitar work, great use of backing vocals and all in all another top quality Bullet Kings song….

Powerful start next is GODFORSAKEN TOWN again we crash straight into another fast paced parcel of punk spittle wretched forth from the speakers, the back forth feel to the verse vocal is great and again great use of backing vocals on the chorus, nice little guitar break half way thru before crashing back into the song a more urgent pace than the previous track but again a top draw Bullet Kings track

The next track is a Live rendition of TERROR HOLIDAY now live tracks can be a big mistake I feel as often they loose there energy in translation and the Quality is often lacking But not so!! this one is clear, its hard, and full of power and energy, it bounces along like a severed head torn from a holiday maker on the sand, catchy and Loud, the gruff growl of the vocals is infectious and has you joining in on the chorus as if you were there at the gig, the bass, drums and guitar are all tight as fuck and plough thru the song with ease.

Following this is another live track MELT DOWN a more staggered start leads this one and gives it a different feel, more jerky just as tight and as infectious, and the woah backing vocals just add a nice extra texture, thank you very much ends this song, well I say THANK YOU very much Bullet Kings.

Ok Last on this CD is an acoustic version of the anthemic MY COUNTRY and it’s a scorcher I think its even more of a stand up take notice Anthem than the full on version, just acoustic guitars and vocals there is no hiding on this one and the words ring loud in your ears, the electric shocks of thoughts crashing round your brain as you relate to every word being sent forth, its moving, its Powerful and it’s a great way to leave this far to short body of Juicy work.

As I said at the beginning of this I am assuming as they are numbered there are only 100 of these out there and if you don’t get one you will regret it I promise you. The Bullet Kings are a talent to be reckoned with and this CD proves it GET ONE

These words are the rantings of

Woodstock Punkrock

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:16 pm

CD Review - Bullet Kings The - Long Time Dead
Posted on: Sat , Mar 19 11:28 AM
The Bullet Kings are 3 self proclaimed fat lads from Bolton, and play straight up old school punk rock. The line-up comprises of Willfredo on bass and vocals, Carlos on guitar and vocals and Andy on drums.

It's straight into the typical punk guitar riffs on the title track of Long Time Dead. It's nothing new, but the bullet Kings pull it off well. Harmonious breakdowns add an interesting variation to the stereotypical punk rock, and the catchy chorus will be stuck in your head in no time tanks to it's easy to remember lyrics.

'Saints and Sinners' has a slight old school metal feel to it, but with the speed and straight up instrumental parts, it ain't gonna be mistaken for Maiden. At just under 4 minutes, it's quite long for a punk song, add that to the epic solo half way through, and you'll see why it's got a metal feel. There's another addictive chorus too.

With the name 'My Country' you expect a political or at least patriotic, or both, number- but instead you get a rather ambiguous track- from first impressions, it's hard to tell what they're getting at, but still a well executed song instrumentally.

The quiet intro to 'No Money, No Nothing' emphasises the gruffness of the the bands vocals. This ones a slow one- showing they aren't only capable of speedy punk songs- and covers a depressing topic (being skint) with tender melancholy. Well, as much so as possible with a punk band.

A heavier, faster one follows, lovely angry piece to get the blood boiling. Solid punk rock how it should be, perfect to get an alcohol fuelled crowd going.

'Gutter Press' is kicked off by a Sex Pistols style riff. Classic punk rock with a couple of guitar solos, just 'cos they can. This one should easily inspire a sing along when played live.

The shortest track on the record, 'Fuck You' is another straight up punk number. It's the soundtrack to a good pogo, and with it's lyrics 'fuck you, fuck you and the stupid things you do', it's something we can all sing along with.

More fast instrumentals and more addictive choruses. More solos too, but it's still undoubtedly your typical fun, catchy, don't-give-a-shit punk rock. The true feelings we all have are portrayed without being preachy or overly emotional. Good, honest music.

The album closes with an 11 minute track- not a common occurrence for a punk album. But with their love of solos, and catchy choruses, it somehow works. That and the fact it's actually two separate songs (ha, had you fooled). They're both as impressive as each other, and both your typical punk rock.

So the Bullet Kings aren't doing anything really new or unique, but they certainly know how to pack enough diversity and addictive choruses onto one album to satisfy even the pickiest listeners with the shortest attention spans. From hearing this, I bet they put on a great live show too.

Frankii Torok

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:36 pm

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby greywolf » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:05 pm

6/10 ?
Give him a kick in the bollocks and tell him to make it at least 9/10 :wink:
greywolf

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:09 pm

LOLOLOLOL its a review .. just his opinion

you have to deal with them :)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:33 pm

THE BULLETS KINGS – REBELS WITHOUT REASON

Yes I know this CD is from 2007, well Carl sent it too me a couple of weeks ago and I was so impressed I felt it deserved some more attention, so have a read see what you reckon Please.

Terror Holiday – String rubbing and then Crashing in full on we enter a fast paced Punk song simple riff, catchy melody, the Kings specialty, growling vocals mean business and the backing vocals on the chorus just add that extra something, great start
Council Kid – rock and fucking punk roll, thundering along at high speed this ball of spittle will have you jigging ya nuts off with its simple but as catchy as crabs chorus, again short and sweet but a fucking joy, the pulsing guitar and bass pulled along by the tight powerful drumming has me pulling me sexface haha pure fucking pleasure, neat little guitar solo effortlessly released is a wonder to behold, more please!!!

Friday Night Nazi – As this enters with the chorus a chanted affair with the music and melody following the same chanted rhythm a fist punching affair with a rocking little verse with some lyrics spat forth condemning these Cunts, which is great stuff, the sentiment and passion behind the song I love but as a Bullet kings track I am not so keen.
Private Death – A climbing guitar riff powers this forward, the feel is dark and despair riddled, rattling drums crashing along keep it on track as before, doom laden Bass and a tinge of reluctant despair in the vocal delivery gives this a very different feel to previous BK songs and although it leaves you with no smile on your face that’s not because it’s a bad song, its because it’s a song with feeling, another string to the Bullet kings bow
London Town – Taught jangling bass riff stutters forth and brings this rich bopping along song, it may not get them many gigs in London haha but fucking great song, some beautiful guitar work involved in this song, including a rocking little solo riff and plucked verse riff, again a chorus as catchy as the Black Death another reason not to go haha, yep this is another top rocking punk track by the guys, they just keep coming

Not for me – oh for fucks sake here we go again, main vocal on the verse complimented by not for me response after each line, before joining together for the short catchy chorus and the tight after chorus riff by bass, guitar and drums is a wonder to hear
Punk not Profit – Title says it all really, another fist punching chorus and a rocking verse and classic punk entrance its short and wastes no time getting to the point, for me it falls into the Friday night nazi camp and is not as full a song for me I feel the chorus is weaker than the verse and is lacking Bullet kings spunk..
Words – Tap tap of the drums and we are rocking in BK spunk by the fucking gallon, sprays this song with a thick coating, great vocal mixing between main and backing, simple, catchy and a fucking stonker but hey these are Just words have a listen see what I mean, but keep ya mouth shut!!!hehe
Waster – well this is different, slow pace with a spoken vocal speech a bass line heavy verse pulsing full to the brim with regret, despair and anger, the words hit home to anyone who has ever seen, experienced this shite with someone around you, the pained, anguish of the word waster at the end finishes this short, depressing, misery filled, dark masterpiece
Meltdown – Stuttering guitar pounding drums and rumbling bass leads us into a fast paced pounding punk track BK style with a catchy verse complete with woahs and a back and forth chorus catchy as we have come to expect before leading to a fret melting little solo of pure guitar joy, a great track, has me melting down if nothing else what a band I keep saying and I mean it what a fucking great band.
Truth- this is the first track where the music and the melody pound out together that I think works well on this CD the other 2 I didn’t enjoy these parts but here its Truth truth truth always hurts!! Not this time this is great, very 77 feel to it this one has me thinking about splattering a shirt with paint… nice one guys
Porno Pig – High pitched bass line, slamming drums leads us into this one with its plucked guitar riff leading to a chugging spluttering moment before back to the start, lots of guitar nuances here you could say he is pleasuring his guitar wrist….hehe and also the first song on this CD where the title is not in the song
Riot - No such thing here I wanna Riot! Drum rolling through the verse before powering into the catchy spittle flying angry chorus as we riot our way through this song, effect l;aden guitar riff midway sounds like a police siren underwater….hmmmm theres an idea for ya next riot, this song means business and in that I mean its not got a rye smile added its just straight forward angry grrrrrrrrrrrr.
Alcohol and Speed – FUCK YEAH.. this is the first Bullet Kings song I ever heard and still now it gives me Goose bumps on my COCK!!!it’s a beauty (the song is too) from the chugging start to the full on sing you bastards chorus this is Punk rock and roll at its face full of alcohol and speed best, yeah I know I have read the words fucking great lyrics, thought provoking and not trying to be clever or hiding the meaning its right there wrapped in a fucking delicious tune I always have and always will love this song a fucking Anthem!!!

Rebel without Reason - so how do you follow the last one? Nothing surely can get a look in? well this little Guinness soaked ditty does a fucking good job complete with fiddling…..hehe it’s a knee slapping toe tapping Jig of pure punk and fitting as this is the title track, at the end of a good night to hear the band plough through this would be a great way to end ya day
Now and Then – Hmmm sometimes you hear something and you cant really explain why you feel as you do and this song is one of those the various elements from the stabbing verse with hells spawn spewing over the top to the catchy guitar riffs I like the elements but just doesn’t do it for me at all and the ending has me reaching for the skip button, maybe because the last two songs were so fucking good but I think its just not for me and is the only actual full on weak moment on this cd.

Skrew the world – well in Bullet kings style we leave this CD with another Anthem, catchy and upstanding like a Teenage girls breasts, perfectly smooth, firm and full with a hard Nipple haha what the fuck am I on about anyway a Great catchy anthem and as it fades into silence I wonder why my CD player has not stopped and so we wait…………………………….and wait……………………..and wait………….and at 6.29 the drums start to pound we are treated to a rendition of a track from.. well lets just say a Comedic band formed in 1973 in Manchester and this track from there legendary Ep released a few years later and one I think most of us have or know of was the Track taking the piss out of the damned hehe enjoy I did…

So that’s its and I hope that if you have not heard or not got this Cd By the Bullet Kings that you will seek it out and I can say you will love it they are a quality bunch of songs from a band I hear sadly are No more, reform you fuckers!!! Is all I have to say But even if they don’t, get there Cds and there Live DVD as they have so many fucking great songs you need in your collection and they also show that yet again the best and most Talented bands are in the Underdog Camp, and if this does one thing I hope it makes you realise that you need to keep searching, keep going to local gigs, keep finding these gems, they are there but they need your support and more importantly they fucking deserve it, so see you at the front, so far this year I have seen 47 Bands I have NEVER seen before and some of those are now in my all time favourites so get out there and join all those others out there who are doing the same thing, seek out the Underdog Talent and when you find some let me know!!!!

These are the Ranted Opinions

Of

Woodstock Punkrock

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Sun Oct 09, 2011 4:04 pm

just so the fans of the bullet kings we have started rehearsing again and working on new tunes

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Nov 14, 2011 4:38 pm

we have decided that we will start gigging again in the new year ......

and once we have gigged the new tunes we will start recording the 3rd album

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:20 am

26th feb 2012 @ the 1 in 12 club bradford ...... booked :)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Nov 30, 2011 6:22 pm

we are included as are AFS in the new SAS The Movie a punk-umentory

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:15 pm

25th Feb 1 in 12 club Bradford
5th May Stoke supporting "Argy Bargy"

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby hotrod » Tue Apr 10, 2012 11:37 am

Still Banned in Germany then?

that is a good cd name if i ever heard one! :lol:
dirty deeds done dirt cheap
hotrod
nothing better to do

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:20 am

^^^^ yes still banned

back in the studio tonight recording a few new tunes for comp CD

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:50 am

hotrod wrote:Still Banned in Germany then?

oh ... forgot to mention.. we are to reshoot the footy video due copyright issues on the footage used within our video, since there is a new football thing this year (so im told) .. the record company wishes to re push the song and needs a video that will NOT cause copyright issues ....

so the 1 in 12 club will be used so it seems

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon May 07, 2012 9:41 pm

we gigged with argy bargy on saturday night .... was rather good :)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:00 pm

next release,germany 7 inch single

1. Arab Spring
2. Godforsaken Town
3. Gringo

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:26 pm

THIS IS WHY WE DO IT! - COMPILATION CD - CD REVIEW

7.The Bullet Kings – Arab Spring

Someone recently described this as standard Oi music, Really? Sorry I don’t fuckin agree this is Hard, conscious, rocking Punk and roll, catchy as fuck and spewed out with boulders rather than gravel – LOVE it

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:03 pm

http://bandworm.de/cp/index.php?file=news&mode=detail&number=458

scroll down for review of new red vinyl vinyl single (german release only)

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

Postby Carl Arnfield » Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:03 am

Carl Arnfield
I'll Take Down Youtube

PreviousNext

Return to Links, etc