Can anyone I.D. this board?

Guests Can Post Here

Can anyone I.D. this board?

Postby Jock » Thu May 26, 2005 10:50 pm

Can you help? Came across a board - in near mint condition. Tracker trucks, old school size, the wheels embossed with 'slammer'. It's 7 ply with a mellow concave and the square cut nose. Shape is similar to old Hosoi Hammerhead. The logo has a red, stylised H with a 'saturn' planet shape with a wing motif to the left of it. The entire logo sits inside a grey horizontal 'pill' or 'rounded rectangle' shape. It's got me puzzled. Any ideas on date or company?? Much appreciated. Have a photo but couldn't post it.
Jock
I'm too scared to post more

Postby Trevenen » Thu May 26, 2005 11:14 pm

Hi Jock and may I be the first to say, welcome aboard!
I would be happy to host the photo for you if you like.
Or if it is already on the web, post a link to it. If not, send a copy to me:
paul DOT trevenen AT gmail DOT com
Just write that how it sounds, I've done that to stop spam bots from finding my email address on here. Top Tip!
That logo does sound sort of familiar I must say, the slammers are probably kryptonics... do they look like this:
EDIT - removed pic for size reasons!

So are you just starting up again? Thinking about it? Never stopped?
Last edited by Trevenen on Sat May 28, 2005 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
Trevenen
Internet FREAK OF NATURE

Postby Trevenen » Sat May 28, 2005 11:36 am

OK Jock has send me a picture which is a little small (I've asked for a bigger one) but the logo is just about visible:
Further description:
"Wheels are old school shape, no company logo, just slammer embossed twice on the outer rim, matt black not shiny like decent poured wheels. It looks like a relic, it's got no grindin' or slidin' marks, even the tail is pretty untouched - it's in my kid's after school club - they won't let them use it or stand on it cause it's 'dangerous', so I am going to save it and love it and hopefully shred it. P.S. ain't never stopped since '77 Jock"
Big respect to Jock for keeping on since 77!

Any ideas guys? H Street??
"We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing."
Trevenen
Internet FREAK OF NATURE

Postby Jock » Sat May 28, 2005 9:52 pm

H street is the only thing that came to my mind because of the letter but I reckon the shape is too old. Fish tail etc. This board has got inch high risers and a tail saver as standard,it's never been touched (by the look). The grip tape is rough and in different width strips with no top logo, grip tape is also yellow/pale brown colour - I am totally stumped but in love.
Jock
I'm too scared to post more

Postby Trevenen » Sat May 28, 2005 10:15 pm

Can you send me a closeup of the logo? Ta
Trevenen
Internet FREAK OF NATURE

Postby Overseer » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:23 pm

the wheels are def krypo's.. i got a guy at work some NOS green slammers from the "old school section" (read AMAZING!) section of shiners warehouse last year.. shame its trade only.. it'd be worth a visit!
Overseer
SHOOT ME!

Postby Gazza » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:39 pm

You can still buy NOS Slammers loads of places- great for rough crete bowls.
Gazza
Super Geek

Return to Guests