Dirty wheels

Get it off yer chest here - this is the place for all general shredder chat

Dirty wheels

Postby Orbitfish » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:57 am

Wheels get really dirty skating indoors parks, almost a layer of dirt covering the surface of the wheels. Seems to completely negate the grip of the wheels. How do folk deal with this...ignore it and carry on regardless or have a way of cleaning them?
Cheers
Witchcraft - Nun So Vile (9"); Indy 169's - Bones HC Med; Death Snakes - 57mm with Hard Luck Ceramics
Helmet; Elbows - Killer 187; Knees - Smiths Scabs; Hands - 888 wrist guards; Hips - Bullet padded shorts (modified)
Mongo with pads on
Orbitfish
skate skate skate

Re: Dirty wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:36 am

Find some concrete and do some power slides. Or just rub them back and forth on a wall, preferably in front of owner of indoor park. Maybe they’ll clean it every once and a while.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Orbitfish » Thu Jun 03, 2021 8:50 am

Yeah, it’s just trying to clean them while actually in the park. Surely it lessens the grip or at least negates the grip of different duros
Witchcraft - Nun So Vile (9"); Indy 169's - Bones HC Med; Death Snakes - 57mm with Hard Luck Ceramics
Helmet; Elbows - Killer 187; Knees - Smiths Scabs; Hands - 888 wrist guards; Hips - Bullet padded shorts (modified)
Mongo with pads on
Orbitfish
skate skate skate

Postby LostnotFound » Tue Jun 08, 2021 6:00 pm

At the XC they have (or had I haven't been there in years) some carpet attached to the walls for the express purpose of cleaning your wheels. It's a small measure but something cheap that the park might go for if actual cleaning is too expensive / much effort.

Of course the real answer would be to fire all the worlds BMXs into the sun. But apparently that's a non inclusive view and probably not aceptable these days.
Please ignore the above post, I have nothing of merit to say.
LostnotFound
I got new wheels

Return to Soap Box