Did you skate today?

Get it off yer chest here - this is the place for all general shredder chat

Re: Did you skate today?

Postby Plan9Customs » Sun Mar 21, 2021 8:06 pm

Thanks @JimBin hope you do as well. Discovered why no one skates that curb. With the crack on the asphalt side and the down hill angle it’s over vert. Sidewalk side isn’t better and the run up on both sucks. Escalator curb out front was blocked by vans(although there were signs of skating at some point). Disappointing. Hit old faithful yellows yesterday. Nothing new but had fun.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby JimBin » Fri Mar 26, 2021 11:32 am

Very disappointing! Nothing like the thrill of discovering a new spot! And it looked so good in the clip.
Lovenskate 8.5, Ace 44s, rocket rons and swiss l2 mixed, Loophole 54mm v shape
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Sat Mar 27, 2021 1:32 am

Yeah the mystery of why it’s sat unskated for so long became clear after the first 4 hits. Oh well there’s a little ledge inside that heavily skated.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Plan9Customs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 12:17 am

Took my bent trucks out for a final session today and they left on a high. I learned a new one today. Got backside fastplant slappies( you know where I take my back foot off and push right before I start grinding. Yes I know fastplants involve grabbing but no other name for these things). Even got recorded proof. Don’t think I’ll post it though. It’s a horrible angle and I was just working them out so they’re slow and ugly. I’ll toss some up when I bring a tripod and clean them up more.
All in all it was a good way to retire them.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Plan9Customs » Sun Mar 28, 2021 3:35 am

Here's the garbage ones from today. they're slow and ugly but hopefully I'll get them polished tomorrow.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Brian S » Mon Mar 29, 2021 7:51 pm

Yes, first time since last Oct :shock: , an early doors (now there's no risk of fines here again) tootle out to Micklefield skatepark today which was invaded by a mass Mum's, multiple kids. expensive car & chairs 'N' mega camp-out kit for the day, scooters, tri scooters , bikes brigade, but by then after one hour on my own & one more with another skater I was pooped anyway, you kind of forget how hard it is.
:wink:

Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby JimBin » Thu Apr 01, 2021 11:33 am

Plan9Customs, 'slow and ugly'? I think not. Really nicely done. Both ways, they are a really cool trick - any tips?
BrianS, cool that you are back out. 2 hours is a proper session. Looks like a nice park. There's a park opening near here soon with a 3/4 bowl that looks like it's smaller than your one. I might give transition a go.
I skated the DIY yesterday. there was an old metal pole i used to slide and slappy but i couldn't figure out how to stop it rolling. I managed yesterday by putting it on an m-shaped metal thing i found and skated a few weeks ago. It still wasn't solid, but it was good fun.

JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Sun Apr 04, 2021 1:30 am

@BrianS That park looks rad. Id be all over that curb around it and the little bowl with the extension(insert drool image). @JimBin that rad. The stuff youre skating in the recent stuff reminds me of the stuff we'd skate when we were little . Improvised spots/obstacles are always fun and the slappies on that are crazy.
Yes I do have a on those push slaps:
Front are just front slaps with your foot back on the rear front bolts or right behind them. It helps to do slappies then push while grinding to get used to the foot behind you on fronts as well as backs. Take a few minutes when you can. they're not that hard and they're really fun.
Skated ol faithful yellows today and a funny thing happened. Security guard for the school drove through waved at me kept going then went to the opposite end parked, got out stood there talking for a minute, then 10 or so kids that were playing basketball got booted. Love it when shit like that happens!
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby JimBin » Wed Apr 07, 2021 12:01 am

thanks. I hope to get to visit curbs again soon (i haven't in a long while) and want to try these.
JimBin
I got new wheels

Postby Brian S » Mon Apr 12, 2021 8:50 pm

Yes, at the partly newly rebuilt LS10 park in Leeds first bookable session this morning :D

These pics are of the mainly rebuilt part of the park ( also sunken mini ramp now just out of shot behind the bowl ), other room no change :D

Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Brian S » Tue Apr 13, 2021 3:14 pm

Well Blow me, an unexpected mid morning skate with some more old farts at Micklefield today!! :D ..- ~..
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Brian S » Thu Apr 22, 2021 11:37 am

Last minute decision led to a small group skate at Micklefield on Tuesday! :D
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Brian S » Sun May 02, 2021 12:15 pm

Another glorious sunny early doors skate at Micklefield, Unfortunately rain stopped play about 2 hours 20 mins in :cry: , but was done by then anyway! :lol: I actually relearned an old trick, miracle :shock: :lol: ..- , only because a young kid was trying them & asked me how to do it so made myself put in a bit of effort, Fakie rock :lol:
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Symo_Back » Wed May 05, 2021 4:33 pm

Went to XC last night, and fuuuuuuuccccckkkk that pool is still too slippy. Should of put on the atf’s I had in the bag.
Always fun tho.
Symo_Back
I skateboard

Postby Brian S » Thu May 06, 2021 5:09 pm

Mid morning Micklefield roll around today, with hail & rain later then drying out for a bit longer session afterwards :D
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Brian S » Thu May 13, 2021 4:25 pm

Impromptu skate at Miccy Mid morning, to test out & compare new Alva conicals recently rediscovered :) had the park to myself until I left at 12:45, a few turned up as I drove out.

Turns out 101a Alva conicals aren't as fast as Speedlab 101a fangs, but the Alva's do grind better! :lol:
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Postby Plan9Customs » Fri May 21, 2021 4:23 am

@Brian S that Lucero is rad and glad to see you're getting out. Hopefully everyone's quite since you guys aren't in lock down and they're all out skating.

Happy place.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby LostnotFound » Tue May 25, 2021 10:02 pm

Hurrah, after a long lockdown when my last session booked was canned, I got back to the pioneer.

Where the lads there got me back into dropping into flat banks which I just had a blank on last time so proper progress.

I also took my pool board rather than the popsical and was more comfortable which might lead to a dangerous decision around purchasing new wood...

Fucking shattered after 2 hours but great fun. Will have to see if there's a chance to get out in the wild before I'm back there in June.

b~
Please ignore the above post, I have nothing of merit to say.
LostnotFound
I got new wheels

Postby Plan9Customs » Sat May 29, 2021 9:03 pm

Sounds like a good session and congrats on dropping in @LostnotFound.
Same old same old for me just hitting curbs. Nothing new but starting to get my trucks broken in a bit. Not sliding all over while grinding is a win.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Postby Brian S » Sun May 30, 2021 1:52 pm

Just remembered after skating Micklefield this Thursday, that I also went to the newish Horsforth park for the second time on Friday before Schools break up again, first being last October around opening time, there were three or four school age kids on scooters/ bike riding randomly, also one small pottering scooter kid with parents who just didn't look where he was going at all, almost collided with him three times, parents seemed not to care! :roll: .

Unfortunately my now skill level is below what's needed for this park :cry: with the unkempt/unfinished surroundings the park skate surface is still filthy/cruddy all over. As it's a ball ache of a slow/congested journey to get there even though it's not that far really means I'm unlikely to go again for the foreseeable.
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK

Previous

Return to Soap Box