What did you buy today?

Get it off yer chest here - this is the place for all general shredder chat

What did you buy today?

Postby Weirdo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:21 pm

Well as it is the winter and not much skating happens I thought I would start a thread on what you bought today.

So here is my today's purchase. Picked them up in the sale in the nike shop.

So what did anyone else get.

Image
User avatar
Weirdo
Admin
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm
Location: Chester

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby vato kat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:28 pm

A loaf of bread.

SOMEBODY STOP ME
User avatar
vato kat
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: south yorkshire

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Andy » Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:34 pm

4 litres of milk, a frozen shepherds pie and a jar of mayonnaise.
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
User avatar
Andy
monuMENTAL GEEK
 
Posts: 4634
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 6:50 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby K-ROC » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:09 pm

A tank of petrol.
Form like Voltron
User avatar
K-ROC
Geek
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 am

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby bertslide » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:14 pm

A Lambda sensor
cheers

It's fun fun fun fun fun til the pigs come round
User avatar
bertslide
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: cornish expat in the shed fucking about

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:19 pm

bertslide wrote:A Lambda sensor


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxygen_sensor

automotive application?
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby bertslide » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:21 pm

Yep Merc E320 with a thirst for fuel.
cheers

It's fun fun fun fun fun til the pigs come round
User avatar
bertslide
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: cornish expat in the shed fucking about

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Hagwag » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:28 pm

A slow cooker

Posts after 21:00 will contain alcohol
Mongo Pride
User avatar
Hagwag
monuMENTAL GEEK
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:23 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby vato kat » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:40 pm

bertslide wrote:A Lambada sensor


Fixed that for you, dancin' boy

User avatar
vato kat
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2016
Joined: Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: south yorkshire

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby bertslide » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:46 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
cheers

It's fun fun fun fun fun til the pigs come round
User avatar
bertslide
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2491
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:38 pm
Location: cornish expat in the shed fucking about

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby flash » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:48 pm

Well a packet of sliced ham 99p,n a cheap half loaf brown bread 42p, that's me tea sorted,oh n 55p on milk,
Tight bastard :P
flash
 

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Lone freestyler » Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:56 pm

Sunday Times, Observer, tin of tuna (for my cats) and a return bus ticket :?
History, it's just one fucking thing after another :roll:
User avatar
Lone freestyler
Super Geek
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: Beautiful Bath

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby flash » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:00 pm

Oh and a Marti Pellow cd,for the Mrs :roll:
flash
 

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Weirdo » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:12 pm

You know when you think you have a good idea and then you gits go and spoil it.
User avatar
Weirdo
Admin
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm
Location: Chester

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Lone freestyler » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:27 pm

Weirdo wrote:You know when you think you have a good idea and then you gits go and spoil it.


It's our pleasure 8)
History, it's just one fucking thing after another :roll:
User avatar
Lone freestyler
Super Geek
 
Posts: 1446
Joined: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:38 pm
Location: Beautiful Bath

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Brian S » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:39 pm

Breakfast at Weatherspoons, Decent coffee & home-made cake in a Farm shop cafe later on :D
User avatar
Brian S
monuMENTAL GEEK
 
Posts: 4864
Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:29 am
Location: West Yorkshire UK

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby wayne-ur » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:53 pm

Nothing today
Tie-downs, split pins, penny washers and a sports bag on Friday.
Pair of Clark's black brogues for work yesterday.
Expect to buy tesco meal deal sandwich drink and crisps tomorrow, and maybe a Costa or Starbucks small black America no at work.
wayne-ur
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:05 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby HarryR » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:17 pm

Today I bought nowt and tomorrow I'll be buying nowt an' all. I'm from Yorkshire ;-)

The wife did buy me a couple of bottles of Singha beer which was nice, bless her :-)

Win-win for me
Rose-tinted view of the days of our youth; we stood the test of time.
User avatar
HarryR
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3330
Joined: Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:50 am
Location: West Yorks

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Tommy S. » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:23 pm

Just under a 1/4 tank full of fuel for my lil Volvo

£20 worth of electricity on a stick

Lots of donuts, blueberry muffins and other bakery stuff cause I'm a fat child at heart - and it was reduced as the shop was closing for the day :D

Nothing as cool as Nike trainers though :(
User avatar
Tommy S.
I got new wheels
 
Posts: 286
Joined: Mon Feb 20, 2012 7:34 pm
Location: Among the walking dead, Southcoast, Hants

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mike9000 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:43 pm

Picked up a high chair that we ordered for my daughter, but we paid for that last week...so doesnt really count :lol:
User avatar
Mike9000
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 am
Location: Newcastle under lyme

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mike9000 » Sun Jan 05, 2014 11:44 pm

(I do have a copy of FTC: The Book and a Polar Skate co tee waiting for me at the post office though...but they don't count either) :lol:
User avatar
Mike9000
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 am
Location: Newcastle under lyme

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby SailorJerry » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:22 am

shit all for a nice change. Off to IKEA again tomorrow to replace a broken part in their furniture so no doubt I'll come home skint again, but there's a TK Maxx within the vicinity so hopefully I'll come home with new shoes
is there anything punk cannot cure?
User avatar
SailorJerry
nothing better to do
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 am

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:34 am

flash wrote:Well a packet of sliced ham 99p,n a cheap half loaf brown bread 42p, that's me tea sorted,oh n 55p on milk,
Tight bastard :P


all bought on Ebay?

your penchant for thrift has been noted from your truck build thread ;)
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:46 am

wayne-ur wrote:..
Expect to buy tesco meal deal sandwich drink and crisps tomorrow, and maybe a Costa or Starbucks small black America no at work.


I have just got back from a holiday in the UK and had coffee in a Costa. I asked for a "short black" and got a response of "small black" :?: to which I said yes and was served a long black :? I am not the complaining type so didn't say anything and anyway I got a feeling I made a mistake. The long black was nice so was happy, but what should I have asked for - an expresso, small expresso?
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:48 am

bertslide wrote:Yep Merc E320 with a thirst for fuel.


ah ok, I thought you might have been converting a Tesla to run on petrol while you work up the motivation to start another V-lam build.
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Naus » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:00 am

Fuck all, it's Sunday and jeebus would not be happy.
Naus
 

What did you buy today?

Postby scowsh » Mon Jan 06, 2014 3:22 pm

Dare I bring back to a skate related topic... I bought the last few bits for a new setup on Sunday (I'm prepared for Jeebus' wrath). Helpful chap at black sheep didn't make me spend too much. Trucks look shit but cheapish for independents so happy enough. Gave it a wiz around central skate too before I got new deck bad skater embarrassed!Image
User avatar
scowsh
I skateboard
 
Posts: 101
Joined: Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:49 pm
Location: Manchester

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby creakyknees » Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:50 pm

Today I bumped the council tax to make an impulse buy.
Spitfire Streetburners- 100a -55mm. Smallest hardest wheels I've ever tried. Its not the weather for skating yet so I'll have to content myself with wondering what they''ll be like and wondering how quickly I'll go back to 58mm minimum 98a maximum.
creakyknees
skate skate skate
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby wayne-ur » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:27 pm

Mr J wrote:
wayne-ur wrote:..
Expect to buy tesco meal deal sandwich drink and crisps tomorrow, and maybe a Costa or Starbucks small black America no at work.


I have just got back from a holiday in the UK and had coffee in a Costa. I asked for a "short black" and got a response of "small black" :?: to which I said yes and was served a long black :? I am not the complaining type so didn't say anything and anyway I got a feeling I made a mistake. The long black was nice so was happy, but what should I have asked for - an expresso, small expresso?


Aii, espresso or double espresso.
You got a black americano.
Anyway, Costa machine on my floor was broken, couldn't be added to walk downstairs to starbies, had tea instead and saved 50p
Cold chicken and stuffing sarnie from tesco, which is the same as my mrs made for herself and the boy at home...
wayne-ur
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2259
Joined: Tue Jan 27, 2004 9:05 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby K-ROC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:43 pm

Me new wheels arrived today :D they're big and green. Can't wait to get them in that bowl on Saturday ..-
Form like Voltron
User avatar
K-ROC
Geek
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 am

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby LostnotFound » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:48 pm

H7 headlight bulbs (one as a spare) changed it in the work car park as I'm manly as fuck, and far too tight to pay some teenager a fiver to do it. Seriously when did people start paying for someone to fit bulbs/windscreen wipers etc...
Please ignore the above post, I have nothing of merit to say.
User avatar
LostnotFound
I got new wheels
 
Posts: 373
Joined: Sun May 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Bustabloodklaaart » Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:59 pm

Groan
Yet another set of wheels
:oops:
When they kick out your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun?
User avatar
Bustabloodklaaart
am I a skate geek
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:16 am
Location: London

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby creakyknees » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:08 pm

Bustabloodklaaart wrote:Groan
Yet another set of wheels
:oops:

May I ask what kind? I like to know what others are skating or experimenting with.
creakyknees
skate skate skate
 
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Dec 31, 2013 7:13 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby K-ROC » Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:29 pm

creakyknees wrote:
Bustabloodklaaart wrote:Groan
Yet another set of wheels
:oops:

May I ask what kind? I like to know what others are skating or experimenting with.
Attachments
IMAG2099-1.jpg
Form like Voltron
User avatar
K-ROC
Geek
 
Posts: 1102
Joined: Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:12 am

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Bustabloodklaaart » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:58 am

creakyknees wrote:
Bustabloodklaaart wrote:Groan
Yet another set of wheels
:oops:

May I ask what kind? I like to know what others are skating or experimenting with.


Groan Groan Groan

And ANOTHER set

Green 60mm Kryptonics 77 spec
and
Sims Snake circa about the same

Time to close Paypal account I think
b~
When they kick out your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun?
User avatar
Bustabloodklaaart
am I a skate geek
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:16 am
Location: London

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby micke » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:56 am

Griptape and a pair of Indys 149. Soon to set up a Flip Springer Burnquist. Takes a while to transfer a wood from UK to Scandinavia though.

/M
"You ride fucking indys bitch".
Coach Frank
User avatar
micke
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1801
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:22 am
Location: Stokeholm, Sweden

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Hagwag » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:39 pm

My dad gave me ' The Answer Is Never' by Jocko Weyland yesterday. 49p in the charity shop
Good find!

Posts after 21:00 may contain alcohol
Mongo Pride
User avatar
Hagwag
monuMENTAL GEEK
 
Posts: 4409
Joined: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:23 pm
Location: Caerphilly

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby castpolymer » Tue Jan 07, 2014 12:51 pm

A new set of Indy 159 and some hard Bones bushings. I like to have two boards setup when I go to the skate park. Still bouncing back and forth between 159 and 169 trucks.
" I broke my arm the first week back after 23 years off. I am still skating and still dumb as a box of hammers."
castpolymer
I skateboard
 
Posts: 179
Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:35 pm
Location: Edmond, Oklahoma

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Bustabloodklaaart » Tue Jan 07, 2014 4:35 pm

One of the office workstations died over night so,-

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-p ... 9-pdt.html

One o them
..-
When they kick out your front door
How you gonna come?
With your hands on your head
Or on the trigger of your gun?
User avatar
Bustabloodklaaart
am I a skate geek
 
Posts: 990
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:16 am
Location: London

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby houston » Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:54 pm

Bustabloodklaaart wrote:http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/desktop-pc-monitors/desktop-pcs/refurbished-pcs/packard-bell-imedia-s-2870-refurbished-desktop-pc-21502239-pdt.html

Wouldna guessed they're still around. Owned by Acer now I see.

Went looking for a cheap receiver to add some sound to the bedroom (uh-huh). Got something in the price range I wanted. $55.

Image

My old home-theater unit has been given a demotion.
houston
nothing better to do
 
Posts: 629
Joined: Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:27 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Skinnychris » Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:07 pm

4 litres of Engine oil for my commuting car (Citroën C1) and a Magic Tree (new car smell)

Sent from my brain using Tapatalk
Growing old is inevitable.....growing up is optional
User avatar
Skinnychris
I got new wheels
 
Posts: 287
Joined: Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:25 am
Location: Swansea/Cardiff

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby DKD » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 pm

two pairs of trousers & a new mouse & keyboard

Almost bought some Vans Rowley Pro Lites but they didn't have my size :-(
Dan
User avatar
DKD
Super Geek
 
Posts: 1321
Joined: Sun May 28, 2006 5:46 pm
Location: Rainham, KENT

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Weirdo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:06 pm

DKD wrote:two pairs of trousers & a new mouse & keyboard

Almost bought some Vans Rowley Pro Lites but they didn't have my size :-(


Bought a guy at work a DAS mechanical keyboard today.

They are fantastic keyboards just very expensive.
User avatar
Weirdo
Admin
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm
Location: Chester

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby GoR64 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:28 pm

Dude, mechanical keyboards are the best thing ever. Mine has Cherry MX Blue switches, and it is truly the shiz.
Don't call it a comeback...
GoR64
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1948
Joined: Sat Jan 05, 2013 1:37 pm

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Weirdo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:41 pm

GoR64 wrote:Dude, mechanical keyboards are the best thing ever. Mine has Cherry MX Blue switches, and it is truly the shiz.


Yep they are lovely. Would only get them as work pay however. These have blue switches. They have a lovely build quality.
User avatar
Weirdo
Admin
 
Posts: 1715
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 2:05 pm
Location: Chester

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Ben-G » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:48 pm

The most recent LP from The Evens (Ian MacKaye''s latest band, on Dischord naturally). Just need to unpack my record player in the new abode now!
Ben-G
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm
Location: Ricky, Herts

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mike9000 » Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:55 am

I bought some lunch. Nothing interesting. Some beer earlier.

Wife9000 came home with this little fella today. She saw him lying in the middle of the road last Friday so turned around and had to watch whilst cars and lorries drove over him. She picked him up intending to pop him on the pavement because we have a cat and wouldn't like to find him squashed. Anyhow, when she picked him up and he was alive so she took him to the Vets. We expected him to have died but it turns out he was a bit bashed, but only with a broken jaw and a bit of head trauma. We leafleted the area near where he was hit, but only one person came forward, but it wasn't their cat. After Friday he will be a permanent resident in the 9000 household...Vets reckon he's around 5 months old:

Image
User avatar
Mike9000
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1983
Joined: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:19 am
Location: Newcastle under lyme

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Woody » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:03 am

What did I buy today .... Just some wheels
Image


Sent from my inner sanctum
MAS, run by skateboarders for skateboarders and paid for by skateboarders.
Big Woodys Skate Shop
User avatar
Woody
Skate Bully
 
Posts: 8892
Joined: Thu Jan 15, 2004 4:02 pm
Location: Blackpool

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby SailorJerry » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:06 am

Ben Hopokus wrote:The most recent LP from The Evens (Ian MacKaye''s latest band, on Dischord naturally). Just need to unpack my record player in the new abode now!


This one?

Image

I honestly have nothing bad to say about Ian Mackayes output ever, loved Minor Threat, even more so Fugazi, and The Evens is a bit more lo-fi, but equally as good. Have you heard Joe Lally's solo stuff?
is there anything punk cannot cure?
User avatar
SailorJerry
nothing better to do
 
Posts: 571
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 12:25 am

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby marki3boy » Wed Jan 08, 2014 1:37 am

SailorJerry wrote:
Ben Hopokus wrote:The most recent LP from The Evens (Ian MacKaye''s latest band, on Dischord naturally). Just need to unpack my record player in the new abode now!


This one?

Image

I honestly have nothing bad to say about Ian Mackayes output ever, loved Minor Threat, even more so Fugazi, and The Evens is a bit more lo-fi, but equally as good. Have you heard Joe Lally's solo stuff?


Great album. Ian Mackaye sent me a signed copy as a get well soon card. Did you get a voucher for a free mp3 download with the album?

Image
Attachments
uploadfromtaptalk1389141179385.jpg
The bowl demands an offering of pain — today I paid the concrete price.
http://face-plant-44.blogspot.co.uk
User avatar
marki3boy
I got new wheels
 
Posts: 431
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:52 pm
Location: Swansea, Wales’ version of DogTown

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:31 am

Lone freestyler wrote:
Weirdo wrote:You know when you think you have a good idea and then you gits go and spoil it.


It's our pleasure 8)


Weirdo, when I first saw this thread I thought it was going to be a dud as it had to compete with the already successful "what did santa bring" and the well established "next ride" thread, however you have had a fantastic response :D

Some of the replies are light hearted admittedly, but as Lone Freestyler demonstrates we are being polite about it.
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:37 am

scowsh wrote:Dare I bring back to a skate related topic... I bought the last few bits for a new setup on Sunday (I'm prepared for Jeebus' wrath). Helpful chap at black sheep didn't make me spend too much. Trucks look shit but cheapish for independents so happy enough. Gave it a wiz around central skate too before I got new deck bad skater embarrassed!Image


Of course, we all love pics of equipment. Your skateboard looks good, Eric Koston is amongst the world's best skateboarders so I am sure your trucks are good. However, I would argue that every post on this thread is skate related if one extrapolates far back enough.
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:19 am

wayne-ur wrote:
Mr J wrote:
wayne-ur wrote:..
Expect to buy tesco meal deal sandwich drink and crisps tomorrow, and maybe a Costa or Starbucks small black America no at work.


I have just got back from a holiday in the UK and had coffee in a Costa. I asked for a "short black" and got a response of "small black" :?: to which I said yes and was served a long black :? I am not the complaining type so didn't say anything and anyway I got a feeling I made a mistake. The long black was nice so was happy, but what should I have asked for - an expresso, small expresso?


Aii, espresso or double espresso.
You got a black americano.
Anyway, Costa machine on my floor was broken, couldn't be added to walk downstairs to starbies, had tea instead and saved 50p
Cold chicken and stuffing sarnie from tesco, which is the same as my mrs made for herself and the boy at home...


Cheers, I know what an americano is - they are available in Thailand, but not Aus. I didn't know there were Costa machines.

Your sandwich is a remarkable coincidence - I had my first ever chicken and stuffing sarnie from a Tesco express on Jan 2 in the Canary Wharf area London. I remember the day coz it was the last day of my UK holiday and it was the best day for skating that I saw. I did not actually skate that day, but I thought about it. However I had skated earlier on in my holiday.

For those of you going on holiday and in the market for a suitcase, I have some information which may be helpful. My wife told me that my suitcase is outdated and difficult to lug around and that I should get one of the modern jobbies which come with four wheels. So we visited a department store in Bangkok armed with the knowledge that a popsicle is a maximum of 32" long and usually shorter. I did not have my tape measure with me so did not know the dimensions of my existing case in which the skateboard fits diagonally wheels and all. We looked at a nice 4 wheeler which was on special and it was as 27" incher.

Suitcases are measured by length not diagonally so it seemed vaguely possible that a skateboard might fit. The width and depth of the case was also the label. I said that if my memory cooperates with pythagorus I might be able to work it out on the calculator in my iPhone. During this time a middle aged female sales assistant was hovering, so my wife explained what our in depth conversation was about. The response was no it will not fit in a 27" case a 30" case is needed. My wife expressed some polite surprise at such knowledge and it turned out that someone had visited that department store with skateboard and found out by trial and error what size is needed.

Unfortunately the 30" in that brand had sold out - presumably to travelling skateboarders. My wife really likes that brand coz it is the one she has and proved to be reliable and they come in distinctive colours such as stripes and spots which is easy to spot on the conveyor belt - I agree, so it was decided that we would wait for a 30" to become available.
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Naus » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:00 am

Mike9000 wrote:Wife9000 came home with this little fella today. She saw him lying in the middle of the road last Friday so turned around and had to watch whilst cars and lorries drove over him. She picked him up intending to pop him on the pavement because we have a cat and wouldn't like to find him squashed. Anyhow, when she picked him up and he was alive so she took him to the Vets. We expected him to have died but it turns out he was a bit bashed, but only with a broken jaw and a bit of head trauma. We leafleted the area near where he was hit, but only one person came forward, but it wasn't their cat. After Friday he will be a permanent resident in the 9000 household...Vets reckon he's around 5 months old:


Awwwww , your missus is awsome for doing that :D
Naus
 

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby oddnumber » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:14 am

Mike9000 wrote:I bought some lunch. Nothing interesting. Some beer earlier.

Wife9000 came home with this little fella today. She saw him lying in the middle of the road last Friday so turned around and had to watch whilst cars and lorries drove over him. She picked him up intending to pop him on the pavement because we have a cat and wouldn't like to find him squashed. Anyhow, when she picked him up and he was alive so she took him to the Vets. We expected him to have died but it turns out he was a bit bashed, but only with a broken jaw and a bit of head trauma. We leafleted the area near where he was hit, but only one person came forward, but it wasn't their cat. After Friday he will be a permanent resident in the 9000 household...Vets reckon he's around 5 months old:


I agree with Mart, that's a top thing to do. He's a handsome little brute too. Has he got a name?

And a big fat fuck off to the wankers that drove over him.
The pleasing aroma's half the point.
User avatar
oddnumber
am I a skate geek
 
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:40 pm
Location: chester

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Mr J » Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:23 am

oddnumber wrote:
Mike9000 wrote:I bought some lunch. Nothing interesting. Some beer earlier.

Wife9000 came home with this little fella today. She saw him lying in the middle of the road last Friday so turned around and had to watch whilst cars and lorries drove over him. She picked him up intending to pop him on the pavement because we have a cat and wouldn't like to find him squashed. Anyhow, when she picked him up and he was alive so she took him to the Vets. We expected him to have died but it turns out he was a bit bashed, but only with a broken jaw and a bit of head trauma. We leafleted the area near where he was hit, but only one person came forward, but it wasn't their cat. After Friday he will be a permanent resident in the 9000 household...Vets reckon he's around 5 months old:


I agree with Mart, that's a top thing to do. He's a handsome little brute too. Has he got a name?

And a big fat fuck off to the wankers that drove over him.


Mike, I also agree with Naus and Oddnumber, that's an excellent thing to do. The trip to the Vet's would have cost too - so that is a purchase. I reckon you and your wife should be nominated for MAS purchase of the day.
4'th incarnation, age 58
User avatar
Mr J
anorak alert
 
Posts: 3829
Joined: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:30 am
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Fen » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:03 am

Just purchased cable TV with the Virgin Tivo box. I haven't felt like this about TV since my dad rented a colour TV from Rumbelows back in 74. It has a You Tube channel, I can now watch anything on a 39 inch HD TV. Lance Mountain videos, Girl Skate Network, Thrasher. I even watched Animal Chin on TV last night and it was better quality then when I first watched it on a copy of a copy of a VHS (and even more cheesey). And not forgetting 'MAS TV'. A portrait of Chrisk, Mr J in a game of skate and the MAS jam Leeds. I will never leave the sofa again!
User avatar
Fen
SHOOT ME!
 
Posts: 2403
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 1:45 pm
Location: Warrington

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Jimbo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:35 am

Woody wrote:What did I buy today .... Just some wheels
Image


Sent from my inner sanctum


Damn you Woody and your purchase :D Just when I thought I'd got my wheel selection all sorted you go and get a load of Barros wheels - must resiiiiiiiiiiiiiiist! (see you on Sunday lol)
Save money on softer bushings by eating more food and drinking more beer.
User avatar
Jimbo
nothing better to do
 
Posts: 729
Joined: Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:05 pm
Location: Preston

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Ben-G » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:38 am

Mr J wrote:
oddnumber wrote:
Mike9000 wrote:I bought some lunch. Nothing interesting. Some beer earlier.

Wife9000 came home with this little fella today. She saw him lying in the middle of the road last Friday so turned around and had to watch whilst cars and lorries drove over him. She picked him up intending to pop him on the pavement because we have a cat and wouldn't like to find him squashed. Anyhow, when she picked him up and he was alive so she took him to the Vets. We expected him to have died but it turns out he was a bit bashed, but only with a broken jaw and a bit of head trauma. We leafleted the area near where he was hit, but only one person came forward, but it wasn't their cat. After Friday he will be a permanent resident in the 9000 household...Vets reckon he's around 5 months old:


I agree with Mart, that's a top thing to do. He's a handsome little brute too. Has he got a name?

And a big fat fuck off to the wankers that drove over him.


Mike, I also agree with Naus and Oddnumber, that's an excellent thing to do. The trip to the Vet's would have cost too - so that is a purchase. I reckon you and your wife should be nominated for MAS purchase of the day.


Yeah nice once Mike9000 - love the pic of Kitten9000!
Ben-G
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm
Location: Ricky, Herts

Re: What did you buy today?

Postby Ben-G » Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:40 am

SailorJerry wrote:
Ben Hopokus wrote:The most recent LP from The Evens (Ian MacKaye''s latest band, on Dischord naturally). Just need to unpack my record player in the new abode now!


This one?

Image



Yeah that's it. I loved the first two Evens LPs so sure I'll enjoy this one too.
Ben-G
Bigger Geek
 
Posts: 1940
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:32 pm
Location: Ricky, Herts

Next

Return to Soap Box