Board for my daughter

ITS NOT INTENDED TO BE A SALE/PRICE FORUM JUST A PLACE TO HELP OTHERS OUT WITH DETAILS OF PRODUCTS

Board for my daughter

Postby Orbitfish » Wed Jun 02, 2021 8:40 am

My daughter has (finally) got the bug and needs a board, shes 15, about 5' 4" and about 8 stone. Not looking for a tope end set-up, but something that'll let her progress and enjoy...any advice appreciated.
Witchcraft - Nun So Vile (9"); Indy 169's - Bones HC Med; Death Snakes - 57mm with Hard Luck Ceramics
Helmet; Elbows - Killer 187; Knees - Smiths Scabs; Hands - 888 wrist guards; Hips - Bullet padded shorts (modified)
Mongo with pads on
Orbitfish
skate skate skate

Re: Board for my daughter

Postby Plan9Customs » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:45 am

That’s rad she wants to skate. Take her to a shop and have her stand on a few decks to see what she likes. Shop decks are fairly cheap. Trucks I’d say get her softer bushings to start out with since she’s not heavy. That way she can turn easier instead of just tic tac turns. Best thing though is let her try stuff out and see what she thinks. Maybe you’ve got some old gear you could set up for her to see if she can deal with the inevitable slams before you buy her a set up. My niece decided she wanted to skate so I gave her a complete of my old gear and she slammed once and never wanted to skate after that. It’s not for everyone.
Plan9Customs
nothing better to do

Return to Gear Sluts