portable rechargeable flood lights

portable rechargeable flood lights

Postby mjlally » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:00 pm

I'm posting this here because it is sort of a how to - how to best light up a skate park at night.

I have been looking at rechargeable flood lights and I know some of you use them, so which ones do you use if you use them, what is battery life like and how well do they light things up. I'm currently looking at the BEEWAY 10 watt one on amazon, but interested to hear what experience people have had before I shell out.
mjlally
am I a skate geek

Re: portable rechargeable flood lights

Postby duck » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:40 pm

I'm currently using two 30w lights, I got them from ebay here, but as far as I can see they look identical to the beeway ones on amazon.

Unfortunately the 30w ones are out of stock from that seller at the moment but maybe they'll have them back in soon? Might be worth dropping them a message.

In terms of power, two is probably enough to light up a half pipe, you'd probably need at least four for a bowl - which is why a few of us at midsomer norton have each bought one or two lights, so that when we get together there are enough to light the bowl.
Amateur skate videos from somerset and beyond: http://youtube.com/robotduckvideo
duck
am I a skate geek

Postby Jimmycakes401 » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:54 pm

I'm using two sets of two halogen lamps on stands. The downside is that my son launches his board off the ramp now and then and hits them. LOL. And a bulb breaks. Those look interesting and impact resistant.
Current pipe setup: Welcome Sloth Hammer Head Deck, Spitfire Formula 4 58mm 99a, Hollow Indi trucks, soft bones bushins, Redz bearings
Jimmycakes401
nothing better to do

Postby Symo_Back » Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:53 am

duck wrote:I'm currently using two 30w lights, I got them from ebay here, but as far as I can see they look identical to the beeway ones on amazon.

Unfortunately the 30w ones are out of stock from that seller at the moment but maybe they'll have them back in soon? Might be worth dropping them a message.

In terms of power, two is probably enough to light up a half pipe, you'd probably need at least four for a bowl - which is why a few of us at midsomer norton have each bought one or two lights, so that when we get together there are enough to light the bowl.

So how bright are the 30W ones? Any photos?
Symo_Back
I skateboard

Return to How To - Anything else