Last Days of the Season

Snowboards Surfboards Dirtboards if its about boards its in here.

Last Days of the Season

Postby Alf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:12 am

haven't had much of a chance to skate this year what with the nipper, but managed 4 nights of shore leave for a snowy stag weekend

if it won't play on mobile do this:
Step 1)
Click on the three lines on the top left of m.youtube (the mobile youtube app) to access the menu
Step 2)
Scroll right to the very bottom where it says desktop, and click desktop.
step 3)
Enjoy x}

and yes I will get at least to vicky park if this weather holds up
Gnarled not Gnarley
Alf
nothing better to do

Re: Last Days of the Season

Postby Rucky » Mon Apr 22, 2013 12:44 pm

I didn't get to play on my board in the mountains this year.
I Absolutely love Morzine/Avoriaz..my favourite place in the alps.
Looks like u had a right laugh..Good on ya fella!
Rucky
I skateboard

Postby pete » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Yeah avoriaz rocks for sure. the 3 parks being pretty much next to each other make it a great place to ride :mrgreen:
pete
nothing better to do

Postby Alf » Mon Apr 22, 2013 7:23 pm

Yeah forgot its such a good place, I could have got a skate in as well.

enjoyed the stash and got wall rides on a snowboard dialled there
Gnarled not Gnarley
Alf
nothing better to do

Postby pete » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:16 am

there is an ongoing project in morzine to raise funds to start building a proper skate park there. I've got a feeling that they might even be starting to build it this summer :)
pete
nothing better to do

Postby xman2001 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:03 pm

Not had the dosh to get abroad this year, still had a 9 cracking days on the snow. First 'proper' season for me up at the Lake District Ski Club on Raise - 6 days, I'm even enjoying the hike up. The majority of these were in great conditions, even my 10 year old daughter came along one time. And 3 days in Glenshee, Scotland - the first was up and back in a day so 5am start, on the snow at 10am and then home about 9pm, skiied non stop with a triathon champ, the second was with the family during the Easter hols, true Alpine conditions, clear blue sky a sunny 0c, crisp packed powder and no wind on crowd free slopes..
No need for expensive European hols just pick your days and you'll still have the best time snowboarding in the UK. I'm just gutted that I still missed plenty of great days in the Lakes due to other commitments, snow was still great over the Easter weekend
Not managed any skating over the winter but had my first sess on Sunday, just need to set the alarm clock to get out before the scooterists...
xman2001
I got new wheels

Postby Alf » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:34 pm

I've hiked and ridden in the Breacon Beacons, but I'm ashamed to say in the 15 odd years of snowboarding I've never ridden in Scotland, one of the reasons is that when I've looked into it, its always worked out nearly as expensive as a trip to the Alps. Amittedly I have honed my alpine cost reduction skills to a fine point.

BUt yeah riding in the UK is a special thing when you get the chance & I would be rather hiking here than in a half hour lift queue with a bunch of russians somewhere in france
Gnarled not Gnarley
Alf
nothing better to do

Postby Rucky » Fri Apr 26, 2013 11:43 am

I get out on my board any chance i get. When it dumped last month I went the usual place I go and had 1 and 1/2-2 foot of powder.
The walk back up the hill killer, but the ride down is well worth it. One random Tuesday afternoon there were a few guys who work for snow flex(dry slope company) they have a generator and a pully system..basically a drag lift.
The sun was shining, the powder was good, we built a kicker and had a drag lift back up.
Not quite the "portes du soleil" but pretty good for west Yorkshire.. Happy days!
Rucky
I skateboard

Postby Alf » Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:39 pm

:D I'm jealous (AW)
Gnarled not Gnarley
Alf
nothing better to do

Postby xman2001 » Wed May 01, 2013 12:21 pm

yes I'm pretty luck to be living striking distance to a day on the slopes, that said it'll only be an hour or so longer from Manc or Liverpool so if anyone is reading check out the Lake Distrci Ski Club site or check Scottish resort weather reports. You just need to get out of the mindset of a week's snowboard holiday...
Not much help if you are in Bath but at least you're striking distance to the surf if thats your thing... anyway sun's finally out time to switch boards :D
xman2001
I got new wheels

Postby Rucky » Wed May 01, 2013 8:25 pm

I'll join u up at Raise next time xman!
I've been wanting to check out the lake district for quite a bit now. I've known about Raise for a while but just never got round to making the trip up. What with been a bit unsure what the crack is..l understand u have to buy a season pass/membership?
Not sure about the hike up from where u park either..wouldn't want to go the wrong way like:)
Also just been unsure about "how good can it be" kind of attitude, after years of been spoilt in the Alps etc..
But yeah like u say, when the conditions are good!
Next time man,next time!
Rucky
I skateboard

Postby Cookie » Thu May 02, 2013 6:16 pm

Looks like you had a blast Alf. I just bought myself a new board and bindings as an incentive to my knee to heal up in time for next year.
Hopefully catch up soon down at Vic Park, the summer season is upon us.
Two fabs please Betty
Cookie
Bigger Geek

Postby Alf » Thu May 02, 2013 7:51 pm

nice....I'm hoping to get a couple of free rainless hors at vicky park this weekend...gimme a shout when you are healed n heading that way
Gnarled not Gnarley
Alf
nothing better to do

Return to Dirt/Snowboards & Other Boardsports