Coolboard anyone?

Snowboards Surfboards Dirtboards if its about boards its in here.

Coolboard anyone?

Postby abercenfi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:44 pm

A few years back I twisted my ankle so badly I had a bruise along my shin from knee to ankle. i did some research and found that an injury like that can become an ongoing weakness if you don't fully recover and strengthen the area. I bought a Coolboard to assist recovery. I haven't used it for a couple of years, but now i'm a born again skater i dusted it off and have really enjoyed getting back on it. It's fun and challenging in it's own right and seems to me is a great trainer for skate balance.
Attachments
image.jpg
abercenfi
skate skate skate

Re: Coolboard anyone?

Postby TW1ST1 » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:57 pm

£100+...mmm..going to need to come up with a good excuse for the wife.

I thought skateboarding was supposed to be cheap - a bit of wood and wheels and that's it..no?
TW1ST1
I skateboard

Postby hogi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:12 pm

An old deck and a football would be almost as good and a damn sight cheaper!
Its a lot like a rola bola just with a ball instead of thick bit of tube - must be more difficult with the added planes from the ball.

Saw a thing on youtube with a guy using an old deck and a big amercian soda bottle full of frozen water to roll/balance on
hogi
I got new wheels

Postby warwick » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:02 am

This is a video I did with a Vew-Do balance board a couple of years ago

http://youtu.be/y5UPEe8iDBk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
warwick
I need a LIFE!

Postby abercenfi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:32 am

warwick wrote:This is a video I did with a Vew-Do balance board a couple of years ago

http://youtu.be/y5UPEe8iDBk

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Impressive:

1. because you're being distracted by a gang of spaniels;
2. you're very good;

Not quite so impressive:

1. because you're in a built up area and if it goes wrong you'll brain yourself and kill a household pet;

2. we can't see your hands, and you could be hanging on to something which is why you're in a built up area and have no worries about being hassled by spaniels.
abercenfi
skate skate skate

Postby abercenfi » Sat Nov 30, 2013 7:40 am

hogi wrote:An old deck and a football would be almost as good and a damn sight cheaper!
Its a lot like a rola bola just with a ball instead of thick bit of tube - must be more difficult with the added planes from the ball.

Saw a thing on youtube with a guy using an old deck and a big amercian soda bottle full of frozen water to roll/balance on

It does take a deep breath to hand over £100, but once you get it the money is forgotten about. A quality item, mine has been stuck out in a shed for years with no ill effects. In perspective, knee pads cost me £70 last week.

I spent a long time looking at all the other styles of balance trainer and none have the range of movement that this one has.
abercenfi
skate skate skate

Postby Jimbob » Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:47 am

I've got a balance board too, swear by it - my switch/fakie riding came on leaps and bounds once I spent 20mins on it in front of the TV each night. Brilliant things.
"The THROBBER - 42 inches of pink rock hard wood - low speed wobbles built in for extra satisfaction."

Old Duffer, MAS, 2013
Jimbob
I skateboard

Return to Dirt/Snowboards & Other Boardsports